• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Heart

Trump buries one scandal with another scandal. The media isn't really designed to do keep up with that. He definitely extended the Russia story a day or two. So thanks for that.

My only hope is that come the week before election someone makes a montage for Youtube including all the nonsense he's spouted, and that would then get circulated around the internet for people to see what kind of a person Donald Trump truly is before thinking about voting for him.

lenovox1

Right, clearly someone is giving him the boost... It's not imaginary.

The email scandal seems to be harming Clinton among high school educated whites greater than I imagined. Even through all of Trump's lies, people find him more trustworthy. This effect will probably wear off within the next few weeks, but not necessarily after the Democratic National Convention.

After the DNC had a complete showing of solidarity with BLM, they thought it'd be smart to bring Mike "minorities don't get stop and frisked enough" Bloomberg out to speak tonight? Who gives a shit about Bloomberg's opinion outside of New York? He's gonna get heckled tonight and rightfully so.

My only hope is that come the week before election someone makes a montage for Youtube including all the nonsense he's spouted, and that would then get circulated around the internet for people to see what kind of a person Donald Trump truly is.

Everything is readily available now. He's said so much unbelievable shit there's no way to accidentally avoid it.

Yes, of course the Clinton campaign needs proper messaging and yes the press needs to do its job, but ultimately everyone will see the candidates as they have presented themselves. For good or ill, we'll get the President we deserve.

Link

The Autumn Wind
He just lies over and over: lied about meeting Putin, lied about what he said about the minimum wage, lied about torture working...the press can't just let him answer these question this way without following up.

Hopefully Hillary or PACs will put out ads with him saying the lie and then corresponding video where he says the opposite.
They can and they will. Our press is useless.

It is becoming obvious that Trump is trying to change the brewing headlines by saying more and more ridiculous things.

Yup, and I hope the media will finally learn but he is a honeypot for them. He just wants to start another fire to suck the air out the room because they have literally nothing to counter the dems at the convention,

lenovox1

It doesn't feel like anyone is going to care if he does badly.

I still feel like Trump could be the one holding up the baby at the end of the Dead Zone and still get the campaign boost.

I hope the American people prove me wrong.

Her goal, at least two months from the first debate, is to destroy his credibility among whites. To prove that he doesn't want to make America Great Again, that he wants to destroy what makes America great, and that he simply doesn't have the real world knowledge or experience to make policy that supports the lives of average people.

She has to make him look like the conspiracy theory loving trust fund baby that he is without making him seem stupid.

Tim Kaine is a boon on that front.

''if past PresidentS with an S would have gone to the beach and relax, our country would be in a better shape today'' (concerning US foreign interventions)

-Donald Trump

After the DNC had a complete showing of solidarity with BLM, they thought it'd be smart to bring Mike "minorities don't get stop and frisked enough" Bloomberg out to speak tonight? Who gives a shit about Bloomberg's opinion outside of New York? He's gonna get heckled tonight and rightfully so.

How have we gotten to the point that national convention delegates are so ignorant of how politics work that they get in the way of prominent Republican beating the shit out of the parties candidate? Bloomberg isn't running for anything. Shut up and let him does his job.

How have we gotten to the point that national convention delegates are so ignorant of how politics work that they get in the way of prominent Republican beating the shit out of the parties candidate? Bloomberg isn't running for anything. Shut up and let him does his job.
He's a racist piece of garbage and I and many other people won't care if he gets heckled by BLM tonight.

Maxim726X

This is ridiculous, and it's not going to hurt him in the slightest.

Teflon Combover.

It's making me sick to my stomach, that this fucking asshole could be president of our country.

I need to ly dow.

The email scandal seems to be harming Clinton among high school educated whites greater than I imagined. Even through all of Trump's lies, people find him more trustworthy. This effect will probably wear off within the next few weeks, but not necessarily after the Democratic National Convention.

And it also may not. I think we need to let it set it- He's got a real shot at the presidency. Perhaps we need to stop rationalizing his rise in the polls and accept that fact now.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Is she legally able to release those speeches anyways? I've wondered that since they might be owned by the individual companies/organizations, I'm not sure how that works though.

Anyways there is one of her speeches released that you can always point to, not that it does much good.

Yeah, she actually owns the rights to those speeches, which is why no one has released them yet.

Eh. He got a small bump post convention. That's probably more from an increased response rate than anything.

PEC actually increased their likelihood of a Clinton win today. She's up to 81%. Nate's model...or what he's doing to poll results is odd.

He weights polls by time, and part of the reason people are seeing the disconnect is because most of the state polls were pre RNC (and often pre FBI); ergo, the national polls are probably currently more accurate on a state by state basis than the 3 week+ old state polls.

Basically; this arguably is the peak chance that Trump has to win, between FBI ripping Clinton and RNC bringing GOP voters home (that's where I suspect his convention "bump" is coming from, it's from typical GOP voters coming home. Also may have a higher response rate from GOP leaning voters during the RNC). I agree with Nate that the election is way closer than people seem to realize - but I think by the time the end of August rolls around, you're looking at 70/30. Basically, about 2-3 weeks after the DNC, the set of state polls that release after that are going to be pretty predictive, and you'll probably see most of the models start to converge.

He's a racist piece of garbage and I and many other people won't care if he gets heckled by BLM tonight.

Dems: Why won't Republicans denounce Trump?

Bloomberg: Please let me trash this guy on national TV.

Dems: Unclean! Begone from our sight!

I'd agree with you if Bloomberg was like Crist and wanted to run as a Dem but its damn hard to attract moderate Republicans if you call them all racist garbage.

Or he's making sure the stories about Clinton being a human being have no chance of being covered. It's almost like this bastard wins no matter what.
The major news websites don't have any mention of this on them.

I think ultimately this is just more ammo for Hillary to later use. I think Hillary has some stories cooked up and ready to go for Trump, she's just waiting for a good time to pounce.

I'd agree with you if Bloomberg was like Crist and wanted to run as a Dem but its damn hard to attract moderate Republicans if you call them all racist garbage.
I don't think all republicans are racist garbage. Rubio, particularly, made one of the best statements on police brutality of both sides after Alton and Philando. This particular man is garbage and I don't think he'll influence republicans much.

TheFatOne

Seems like a pretty big misstep by Trump here. Now if wikileaks does release anything it's going to reflect badly on him. Should have been an easy avenue to attack Clinton, but now it's not going to be so easy. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

Brinbe

That press conference backfires because it scares ANYONE regardless of political affiliation. Sane conservatives would be just as scared and frightened by the idea of cozying up to Russia and asking them to hack the former SoS. It's disqualifying statements. He's not suitable to be President.

Lol, Trump's Russia comment just made it to a NYT alert on my phone

"Donald J. Trump called on Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's email, essentially sanctioning a foreign power's cyberspying"

Owzers

Someone said Sippy Cupp was on the Trump train now? Not today.

tell Russia to help him out a little and it's a deal breaker for the day.

I'm fine with Trump getting this kind of coverage sandwiched between DNC speech nights. Good speech, stupid Trump, more good speeches.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Preeeeeeetty much this. We're getting a freaking gift by having Bloomberg come and denounce Trump.

Where is Paul Ryan?

Frantically Googling "How to switch parties" and/or "Remote Retirement Homes, North Dakota" at this point, probably.

Loudninja

Any press is good press works for Trump. He's trying to overshadow Bill's speech by trying to be bombastic, and media cant resist. You guys know this by now.
This is false, dont know why people continue to think this.

His number with minorities shows how false this is.

This press conference is basically how the Dems should play him in the debates. Don't try to shout him down or overstep him. Just give him enough rope to hang himself. He just further and further beyond fact as he went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom