• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any press is good press works for Trump. He's trying to overshadow Bill's speech by trying to be bombastic, and media cant resist. You guys know this by now.

But you can't worry about this media narrative shit, either. He just told Russia to hack a candidates email. Either voters find that disqualifying, or they don't. We get the president we deserve.

Effect

After the DNC had a complete showing of solidarity with BLM, they thought it'd be smart to bring Mike "minorities don't get stop and frisked enough" Bloomberg out to speak tonight? Who gives a shit about Bloomberg's opinion outside of New York? He's gonna get heckled tonight and rightfully so.

This is clearly the, person from the other side endorsing and showing how bad the side they're normally on is, type of situation I think. I think people get that or they should. You don't have to like this person and him being there is to potentially get people that aren't Dems to vote for Hillary because they happen to like him. So when and if he goes after Trump they're likely to listen more and accept the negatives.

Is he actually speaking live though? Or just having a video played, etc?

That press conference backfires because it scares ANYONE regardless of political affiliation. Sane conservatives would be just as scared and frightened by the idea of cozying up to Russia and asking them to hack the former SoS. It's disqualifying statements. He's not suitable to be President.
"Sane conservatives" that live in Cold War era like Frum, Kristol and Will have already abandoned Trump. They left with the WSJ subscription a long time ago. The uneducated racists and morons and a chunk of "independents" probably agree with Trump.

TheFatOne

Any press is good press works for Trump. He's trying to overshadow Bill's speech by trying to be bombastic, and media cant resist. You guys know this by now.

This just ins't true. Ask Trump if any press was good press when he attacked the judge based on his race? His numbers tanked immediately in the polls, and now he is leaving himself to be attacked for being allied with Russia. Believe me that shit plays and can actually hurt him.

Brinbe

"Sane conservatives" that live in Cold War era like Frum, Kristol and Will have already abandoned Trump. They left with the WSJ subscription a long time ago. The uneducated racists and morons and a chunk of "independents" probably agree with Trump.

Sure and that stuff works for his supporters, but that is poison to any reasonable person. Combine this with the last two days of the DNC and it doesn't portend well for Trump at all.

Trump's negatives are already in the toilet. This is just one more item in a litany of items to add to the list.

The problem is a lot of people view Hillary just as poorly. So, pushing stories out that make Hillary look good is a victory to Trump.

Damage control?

CoYhAhAXEAATcwp.jpg:large

DrMungo

Can someone public officially denounce him as a traitor at this point. And there are still who say "but hillary is the same!!!" smdh

So far, George W. Bush's two appointees, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito, have been much more reliably conservative, especially on abortion, guns, money in politics, and race. But [Dr. Jill] Stein says, "We see justices change over time, and some of the most progressive judges were appointed by conservatives. So the question is, are we going to throw ourselves over the cliff here? Would you take climate change so that you can have abortion rights?"

Yo, fuck you and fuck anyone dumb enough to support you. Dumb motherfucker, go get the measles.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/green-party-s-stein-woos-disaffected-sanders-voters-n617801

Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are looking at their constantly-ringing phones this morning, stomach churning, thinking about how to once again simultaneously rebuke what their nominee has just said as dangerous and uninformed, yet still suggesting they have the leadership to be president.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can someone public officially denounce him as a traitor at this point. And there are still who say "but hillary is the same!!!" smdh

People who say "but hillary is the same" aren't voters.

False equivalence as an an excuse for not voting has been a thing for decades. It's just more obvious how stupid it is since you have to make someone equivalent to a racist talking cheeto.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Media already seizing on Trump saying he wants Russia to find Clinton's emails. Good job, you idiot. This won't help him.
It won't matter. When the press does these things after the fact, it has no impact. You either have people thinking it's just the liberal media, or they're getting their news from sources that don't mention it. They need to start calling him out on the spot. Call him out for lying about what he said. Fact-check him on the spot. Create soundbites that can't be avoided.

Wilsongt

It's weird seeing some of these huge Bernie supporters on Facebook talking about how inspired they are right now and are excited to vote for Hillary. A week ago they were posing dank memes about how corrupt Hillary is. I guess Bernie's words really got to them.

The bump she gets is going to be unreal.

Well, when you have speakers, including your fave, actually humanizing her and not making her out to be Lucifer incarnate, it's easy to see how anyone but the Hardcore Berners (HA, Rosario, s4p) would be able to come around.

lenovox1

It won't matter. When the press does these things after the fact, it has no impact. You either have people thinking it's just the liberal media, or they're getting their news from sources that don't mention it. They need to start calling him out on the spot. Call him out for lying about what he said. Fact-check him on the spot. Create soundbites that can't be avoided.

That probably won't be happening until the debates, as I'm thinking Pence will be doing most of the talking leading up to September.

This is very much like if Sarah Palin was running for president and selected John McCain as her running mate, so I'm guessing they'll be applying the Palin strategy when it comes to minimizing Trump's effects on the ticket.

Obama cannot pass TPP in the lame duck. It will destroy the image of Hillary's presidency from minute 1. She will get all the heat for it, and pay for it in 2018. I know Obama put a lot of work into this deal, but it's too toxic and would horribly damage the party if he goes through with it.

Tendo

Is Nate really expecting FL to go red? I thought for sure it was leaning blue? And even being from western PA, I don't see it going red.

Obama cannot pass TPP in the lame duck. It will destroy the image of Hillary's presidency from minute 1. She will get all the heat for it, and pay for it in 2018. I know Obama put a lot of work into this deal, but it's too toxic and would horribly damage the party if he goes through with it.

Pres. Obama is a guy who tried to push through a grand bargain deal in an attempt to gut some of the most popular federal programs among his minority/white supporters and the only thing that stopped him was John Boehner refusing to pick up the phone. Obama couldn't care less about how toxic it would be trust me. Especially for a trade deal that isn't about free trade or huge economic implications for the US. It's about protectionism for certain groups and geopolitical garbage.

He'll do whatever it takes to give the American people the shaft because he's done it before and his approval rating is 49%. Only thing that will stop him is if the deal falls through not Hillary's immediate future.

gcubed

Is Nate really expecting FL to go red? I thought for sure it was leaning blue? And even being from western PA, I don't see it going red.

Not really, Hillary is still ahead in most polls done recently, but he adds some random +6 Trump house effect to every poll Hillary is ahead on

I wish the press would talk more about the quote about recognizing Crimea as Russian. It's less easy for people to write that off as a joke.

BiggNife

Both the polls only and polls plus predictions have PA going blue. The now cast just says PA would be red if the election was right now, which, again, is a moot point because the election isn't happening right now.

The now cast isn't that significant because of the obvious fact that the election isn't happening right now. A lot of things can change in three months and the fact that both the polls only and polls plus predictions still have hillary in the lead reflect that.

Relax.

The now cast is Nate's unskewed polls forecast designed to get clicks. Ignore it completely.

Tendo

Not really, Hillary is still ahead in most polls done recently, but he adds some random +6 Trump house effect to every poll Hillary is ahead on

It is really sad watching him Chuck Todd himself into being a pundit. Shouldn't have shacked up with ESPN. He was invaluable to keeping me calm in 2012.

Is there something about being from PA that causes diablosing? I grew up in coal and now frack central, skewed my view of the state recently.

Anecdotally I just saw Jim Gaffigan in Pittsburgh. Crowd was very much 40+ white couples and the opening comedian did some jokes on Hillary for some laughs. He then outright insulted Trump and got loud cheers and claps, not even really laughs. Gives me hope. Seemed like a lot of out of towners too.

*breathes into paper bag*

Christiane Amanpour

@camanpour fmr CIA director Leon Panetta on Trump call for Russia HRC hacking: "Thats beyond the pale,", unfit to be President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom