• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there ever any merit to the extreme weather being a factor in Brexit? I remember that being tossed around a bit in the days afterward but don't remember if it was significant or just rationalization.

thcsquad

You're imagining it from too much of a political dimension. Busters abhor politics. They seem to understand "politics" to be all about the single minded pushing of your own agenda to the exclusion of all else. So, compromise is out, inclusion of other points of view is out. Considering how your preferred actions today might hurt you tomorrow? O-U-T. It's all circle jerk, all the time.

If they were considering any of that stuff, they would be standing with the rest of Bernie's folks already, prepared to do the work.

I guess in the end I'm not so much interested in getting into their heads as much as Bernie's head. He has to be thinking about the long-term impact of this on his goals.

mo60

This election is more similar to the canadian federal election last year than brexit. We have a candidate that ceiling seems to be in the low fourties mostly while his opponent can get close to or reach 50% more easily than him. With the canadian federal election two of the main opposition parties ceilings seemed to be really high and these political parties could easily win if the other opposition parties support collapsed which did happen eventually. The conservatives ceiling was mostly in the low thirities in that election which made it hard for them to win unless the opposition spilt their voter base. Hilary does not have to worry about her opponent support collapsing to win since he's not really gaining that much in polls even more and is stuck near his ceiling still. I think she may be polling near or above 50% in polls by October anyway.

Ophelion

I guess in the end I'm not so much interested in getting into their heads as much as Bernie's head. He has to be thinking about the long-term impact of this on his goals.

Yeah, that much has been clear based on how he's comported himself at the DNC. He's in it to win it for the left.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
PH_Election-2016_Chap1-Chart-08.png

Imagine that lower graph keeps going up at the same rate.

OK--so 13-13.5 million looks good. Thanks.

I asked this question in the "trump hopes for hacks" thread, but I figured I would ask it here:

Could the White House lay a possible trap for Trump by giving to the two candidates similar briefings that have differences in a few key details?

thcsquad

Is every sitting (D) member of Congress going to speak at this convention by the end of it? I've never watched a convention before. Is this normal?

I figure most of the Democratic Party has been looking forward to give their Hillary convention speeches for years, if not a decade or two. And the past couple days, I was just thinking of the big names. But watching the CBC do this, it seems more like it's true for the whole party.

Preview of the Obama speech tonight: Barack Obama to make case for Hillary Clinton, his legacy

President Barack Obama plans to deliver a high-profile job reference for Hillary Clinton on Wednesday, arguing that a long -- and in his view, overlooked -- career in public service has rendered her the most qualified candidate in history.

In what the White House expects will be the largest remaining television audience of his presidency, Obama hopes to use Clinton's record as the central argument for her candidacy -- and suggest her rival's record represents just the opposite.

Obama will refer to the Republican nominee by name roughly half-a-dozen times, according to officials familiar with his remarks.

The address has been in the works for weeks, officials said, beginning with thematic conversations that produced an initial draft last Monday. Six drafts later, Obama feels comfortable with the 30-minute address.

After a full run-through at a mock podium erected in the White House Map Room on Wednesday, aides said Obama didn't determine a second rehearsal was necessary.

In pre-convention interviews, Obama has been frank about his relationship with Clinton, admitting they aren't "bosom buddies."

"We don't go vacationing together," Obama said during a CBS interview Sunday. "I think that I've got a pretty clear-eyed sense of both her strengths and her weaknesses. And what I would say would be that this is somebody who knows as much about domestic and foreign policy as anybody."

"She's not always flashy. And there are better speech-makers," he said. "But she knows her stuff."

Just saw this for the first time on the OT thread:

This says so, so much about the whole tone of the election, about Clinton, and about why she should be president.

It does. The problem is, the far left loves the simple answer. Young people love the simple answer. Because nuance is bad.

Just saw this for the first time on the OT thread:

This says so, so much about the whole tone of the election, about Clinton, and about why she should be president.
I like how Clinton's answer is fundamentally about how she doesn't support it but goes into reasons why

Omg how dare you corporate shill bitch nnnnggggg

NeoXChaos

In his remarks, Obama plans to draw on his long and complicated relationship with Clinton, which began as a rivalry but has evolved into what the pair hopes can become the first elected Democrat-to-Democrat presidential transition in modern history.

and the first D-D transition not caused by death of the President since 1848.

Paskil

GutsOfThor

Is there a night dedicated to foreign policy? I see a lot of people on facebook saying the Dems have not talked about foreign policy very much in three days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom