• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend is currently freaking out that Trump might actually be president. Like she's sincerely scared about it

I wake up every day and am afraid. I go to work, I go to bed, and I am afraid. If I stay away from the news, I am afraid. If I read the news, I am afraid. I do not sleep well. I do not eat well. My life is entirely punctuated and underscored by my fear of a Trump presidency.

I hope she isn't like me. I basically take it one day at a time until November. I feel like Sylvia Plath or something, hyper aware of how every day that I am alive I am actually dying, wondering how much more I really want to take.

At least the Pokémon GO servers have stabilized.

shem935

Banned
My girlfriend is currently freaking out that Trump might actually be president. Like she's sincerely scared about it

Explore avenues of involvement. Calling people, depending on where you live knocking on doors, registering voters, donation etc. Being stuck in a cycle of worry won't go away until you take action against it or the threat passes. We have until November, might as well put the fear into action. I know it sounds cheesy but its the best we have until November. Have faith Hillary knows what she is doing.

Boke1879

Why release these voicemail's? I mean at best it'll just drum up the bernie or bust people. That's it. If that's all it is then it's nothing. Maybe they'll release something tomorrow but at this point if that's all they got. No one cares.

We live in CA as well, living pretty poor so don't have a lot to donate. Might look into volunteering, as that'll probably help my nerves as well

Yeah, I'd contact the DNC/Clinton campaign, maybe they have some phone banking or something they need help with. I'm in VA and will be doing some door knocking here soon

Why release these voicemail's? I mean at best it'll just drum up the bernie or bust people. That's it. If that's all it is then it's nothing. Maybe they'll release something tomorrow but at this point if that's all they got. No one cares.

There's like nothing in them. And it keeps the hack int he news and with Trump shitting it up today is a net benefit to us.

Gruco

Banned
And now he's done answering questions. Wow.
Dude really doesn't have much when it comes to policy, does he?
I wonder what on earth he was expecting. "Dear Donald, why is $hillary such a bitch?"
Halfway thru these v mails

Seems like a bunch of nothing and some Bernie slander
Impartial freedom advocate Wikileaks dumps a big pile of nothing in order to rile up brain dead busters?

Pretty shocking stuff, gotta say.

Clearly timed to spoiler the DNC's biggest night. Everyone is now looking at it from the Russian angle. Thank you trump you magnificent orange ball of shit.

PBY

Banned
Slander how?

Someone in the OT thread said there was a caller mad that the DNC was bending over backwards to help him lol
Yeah a few of those, the most notable was the West one.

I actually felt that there was real somewhat problematic stuff in certain emails - this is not close to that.

lyrick

I live in CA and I have never done anything but vote before, what can I do?

I, personally, donate regularly to democrats and the Clinton campaign. It helps me a little bit.

We live in CA as well, living pretty poor so don't have a lot to donate. Might look into volunteering, as that'll probably help my nerves as well

</cough>

For those interested in registering for Party Volunteering opportunities

http://action.dccc.org/page/s/volunteer

What's even the point of releasing voice mails with nothing of interest in them to anyone? Just because they can? Nobody will cover these useless recordings.

Nobody will care, and it'll just make people not really care next time they release more.

Boke1879

Clearly timed to spoiler the DNC's biggest night. Everyone is now looking at it from the Russian angle. Thank you trump you magnificent orange ball of shit.

IF that's the extent of this voice recordings. No one is going to care about this shit and it's definitely not going to overshadow the presidents speech which millions will be watching.

Boke1879

What's even the point of releasing voice mails with nothing of interest in them to anyone? Just because they can? Nobody will cover these useless recordings.

Nobody will care, and it'll just make people not really care next time they release more.

At this point I think they released them just to stay relevant. Just so it makes a headline.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If they want evidence of Dems talking shit about Conrel West, the Russian hackers should visit PoliGAF. West is a piece of shit

Who would not talk shit about Cornel West?

Frankly, it might be the most baffling part of Sander's campaign.

Diablos

74ANh5E.png
LOL

smurfx

get some go again
Here's a really nice series if tweets where a 33 y/o guy confronts his perception of HRC over the years.

https://twitter.com/joshuaguess/status/758424762620252161
a long time ago my sister told me she hated hillary clinton. we were both really young so it's not like we knew anything about politics. i asked her why and she just said she did. guess all the negative press she gets affected many younger people's perception of her. i liked bill clinton and never really had much of an opinion of hillary. i see her as a politician and don't hold that against her just like i don't hold it against male politicians when they do politician things.

Republicans going IN on trump in this foreign policy video!

It's a problem for the Republican Party. Literally everyone in the party shit all over Trump during the primaries because they tried to keep him from winning. Once Democrats start running ads they will have a veritable treasure trove of everyone in the party talking shit about him--and they could air the ads the same days he shows up to promote someone around the country.

John McCain love at the Democratic Convention? What alternate universe have I entered?

McCain is a moderate that gets a lot of respect across both parties. It was more a praise of his character than his beliefs, and nobody can deny John McCain gave it all for this country.

HylianTom

Banned
John McCain love at the Democratic Convention? What alternate universe have I entered?

They're going after suburban voters, especially women. A lot of primetime is going to be aimed right at them, and McCain is "sensible" to many of them. He isn't a kook like Ted Cruz or an imbecile like Trump.

And McCain can't really wave-off complements. He just has to take them. :)

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
If you are in CA - biggest issue we will have there is getting the Latino vote that registered to actually come out and vote. Since CA is most likely going to go to Clinton - getting Latinos to come out and vote for downticket races will aid us tremendously.

IE; find the local Democratic Party and ask them for volunteer opportunities.

Dierce

Looks like the Burners walked in somehow and started chanting "hawk" and another group shouted back with "stop." The stop was more audible.

John McCain destroyed his own reputation not once, but twice. First by picking Sarah Palin and then once more by supporting Trump. Now Mitt Romney will forever have the moral high ground over John McCain (what a bizarre sentence); you can't just go full-crazy at the end and expect that not to impact your legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom