• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously Obama is very smart politically but I disagree about Biden. I think he could have run a competitive, long race against Clinton and could out-perform Sanders in many states. That being said I agree he wouldn't come close to winning, and there would be the risk of him saying or doing something that ended his campaign prematurely. It's a ship I thought I'd go down with, given how close Biden got to jumping in the race. But ultimately he stood down.

There are a lot of Obama state organizers who would have chosen Biden over Hillary. Not major players but enough to send a statement.

giphy.gif

Obviously Obama is very smart politically but I disagree about Biden. I think he could have run a competitive, long race against Clinton and could out-perform Sanders in many states. That being said I agree he wouldn't come close to winning, and there would be the risk of him saying or doing something that ended his campaign prematurely. It's a ship I thought I'd go down with, given how close Biden got to jumping in the race. But ultimately he stood down.

There are a lot of Obama state organizers who would have chosen Biden over Hillary. Not major players but enough to send a statement.

If all of that is true, Obama was right to not want Biden to end his political career with another failed run. As of now he's managed to become a pretty well liked VP and got the stench of some of the awful earlier runs

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Pretty much what I argue ever time this comes up. Biden would have been enough of a force given his stature that he could have given her a damn good race--and make Bernie a non-factor.

An intriguing look at the relationships between Obama and Hillary, and Obama and Biden:

A lot more at the link!

if half of what's in there is true, that man really is the best thing to happen to the democrats in my life time.

also legit wonder if the clintons will ever be able to repay the debt they owe to this person.

shem935

Banned
So is this just going to be a rah rah America masturbation speech going forward? Cause if so I'm out.
Plus I have class.

Sam Sanders @samsanders
Secretary received requests from 9 states for a roll call vote. But three states didn't reach rule threshold. Says it's insufficient request

can you ask to take your names taken off after they've been submitted and received by the secretary?

Just change your vote at the roll call

Sign a petition, but then ask to be removed from the petition?

Apparently, it's difficult from now on to fuck things over, but there could havoc with the vice-president nomination. #NeverTrump could propose another VP candidate.

The idea that the voice votes are non-arbitrary is hilarious to me. Can the human ear even discern with enough accuracy the difference in volumes that a 55-45 or 60-40 split would entail?

ampere

The idea that the voice votes are non-arbitrary is hilarious to me. Can the human ear even discern with enough accuracy the difference in volumes that a 55-45 or 60-40 split would entail?

It's beyond comical

And there's no way to accurately tell since everyone doesn't have the same volume voice anyway

Voice votes are discretionary to basically speed things up. If you have enough to make it not obvious you'd have enough to get a roll call vote. The problem is they basically ignored the rules and just said you can't do a roll call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom