• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geg

They leaked stuff every day this week no one gave a damn.

Really? I thought there was a gap between the email release on Friday (or Saturday?) and the voicemail release yesterday. If not then there really was just no one talking about them lol

Blueliner

Banned
NloXeUo.png

17.5 overnight rating for night 3 of the DNC, +12% better than comparable night of the RNC.

Top-rated markets for night 3 of the DNC:

Richmond
West Palm
New York
Washington
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Ft. Myers
Philly
Norfolk
Hartford

Source:

https://twitter.com/mulvihill79/status/758680454140690432
https://twitter.com/mulvihill79/status/758681469850161152

That's good shit. Driving around Atlanta I've seen Obama shirts out again. GA is going blue fam, I can feel it.

studyguy

It's telling that on one end of the spectrum, no one could probably pick Pence out of a line of Republicans and on the other Kaine was the top trend on social media as he took on his new role as Danny Tanner on Full White House

Geg

It's telling that on one end of the spectrum, no one could probably pick Pence out of a line of Republicans and on the other Kaine was the top trend on social media as he took on his new role as Danny Tanner on Full White House

On the other hand didn't Pence speak after Cruz last week? He got seriously overshadowed by that whole shitstorm lol

Gruco

Banned
From what I can recall, Mike Pence got on the stage, said "Insert Generic Republic Speech here," and then got off the stage and went home.

Somehow, this took 40 minutes.

Holmes

My wife and I are going to see Hillary and Kaine tomorrow! I'm pumped. first rally I've been to since Obama in 08.

Can't remember how these work so even though we have confirmation we are going to go early. I'm freaking pumped.
Make sure to arrive 2-3 hours before doors open. Bring some water bottles but don't drink too fast because washrooms aren't guaranteed.

Teggy

They've given every seat a card to hold up at the end of the speech tonight, presumably something that looks patriotic from above.

They better make sure those CA people are out of there.

Brinbe

As a Parks fan, I feel like this kinda encapsulates things perfectly.
The Democrats' not-so-secret closing argument: Hillary Clinton is Leslie Knope
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/28/12306978/hillary-clinton-leslie-knope-dnc/in/11938179

So the Democratic convention did exactly what Parks did — and even suggested Clinton had a bit of Knope in her. She worked so hard she impressed political opponents. She fought for what she believed in tirelessly. She never quit, even when things seemed dire.

Those who attack her, then, are only playing into the Knope-like Clinton Democrats tried to build up — a tireless striver who suffers the slings and arrows of criticism to come out the other side, stronger.

Or look to President Obama, who quoted a famous Teddy Roosevelt summation about the "man in the arena," a quote that Ron may as well have said of Leslie late in the show’s run, when the two had a deeply affectionate camaraderie, despite their political differences.

Or, hell, let Leslie Knope herself say it in so many words:

That's why people respect Hillary Clinton so much. 'Cause nobody takes a punch like her. She's the strongest, smartest punching bag in the world.

Will this rebranding work? It’s hard to say. At times, the DNC has felt like an attempt to shield Clinton from attacks from all angles. She’s defended as a progressive champion here, and as someone hawkish against global terror there. She can occasionally feel like a large collection of different selves, who exist alongside each other, rather than someone with a cohesive central message.

But the other big bet the Democrats have made is that Clinton’s complication, her 40 years of public service, her Leslie Knope-ish qualities are her cohesive, central message. Their hope is that by surrounding her with people you know and like, then having them say, "Boy, that Hillary Clinton sure is great!" they can get those who are on the fence about her to feel similarly.

After all, it worked for Leslie Knope. Why not take a shot on seeing if it will work for the woman whose image literally looked over Leslie’s shoulder all those years on TV?

HylianTom

Banned
Suffolk University Poll of Pennsylvania Likely Voters:
Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump 50-41

4-way:
Hillary 46
Trumpy 37
Johnson 5
Jill 3

PA + VA = no way

Teggy

From director of Suffolk polls:

David Paleologos
‏@davidpaleologos
Suffolk University Poll of Pennsylvania Likely Voters: Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump 50-41; in 4-way it’s HC 46, DT 37, GJ 5 & JS 3

Yassssssss

We all need a good dose of hopium to come down after last night's buzz:

David Paleologos
Suffolk University Poll of Pennsylvania Likely Voters: Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump 50-41; in 4-way it’s HC 46, DT 37, GJ 5 & JS 3

EDIT: Beaten like a moderate Republican in the south.

Gruco

Banned
They've given every seat a card to hold up at the end of the speech tonight, presumably something that looks patriotic from above.

They better make sure those CA people are out of there.
CA delegation already plotting to turn their section into a No TPP sign

PA was looking to be one Trump's possible pick ups. Guess not

What are the samples, I mean, we rip apart any bad polls for her, might as well make sure this one didn't over sample minorities or young people

Gruco

Banned
If PA, CO, and VA truly off the table, Trump needs to take OH, NV, NC, IA, NH, FL....for a tie.

It would not surprise me at all to see the convention being in Philly giving a huge boost in PA. We something something similar in Denver 2008.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men." -Edward R. Murrow.

Just, apropos of nothing, a quote that's been running through my head lately.

Holmes

We all need a good dose of hopium to come down after last night's buzz:

David Paleologos

EDIT: Beaten like a moderate Republican in the south.
You mean a white Democrat.

Teggy

Vermont poll, lol

Hillary Clinton 39%
Donald Trump 17%
Gary Johnson 5%
Jill Stein 0%
Someone else 26%
Not sure 8%
Refused 5%

26% Bernie write in?

HylianTom

Banned

What are the samples, I mean, we rip apart any bad polls for her, might as well make sure this one didn't over sample minorities or young people
You're thinking what I'm thinking - I want to see the poll's guts.

That said, even if we unskew, she's still likely leading, even after Trump's convention and a negative few weeks. Hopium.

Suffolk hasn't released the crosstabs but their last state level poll showed a 44-44 tie in Ohio so its not like other results have been out of line. Also, they've got a B+ score from Nate. So this is pretty, pretty good for HRC.

Here are the 2016 candidates’ Secret Service code names

Without further ado, the Clintons will retain their code names from the last time they lived in the White House. Hillary Clinton is EVERGREEN and Bill Clinton EAGLE. Donald Trump is MOGUL, according to reports, and Melania Trump MUSE.

The vice presidents get code names, too: Mike Pence is HOOSIER — a little on the nose — and his wife HUMMINGBIRD. Tim Kaine is DAREDEVIL, somewhat ambitiously. His wife's? To be determined. We know it almost certainly starts with a D, given the pattern the Secret Service follows. But for now, it remains a secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom