• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

Most likely, I know it seemed like most people watching the speech in the off-topic thread were hearing it for the first time. At one point there was an entire page of reactions to that one line

He'd used it before? I hadn't heard it before, and I mean I follow politics but I don't have time to watch every speech Obama gives, so that larger profile events like this are what the majority of the country sees as some of their only exposure to politics is not surprising in the least.

dramatis

https://twitter.com/ProducerMcD/status/758393873307664384

Brendan McDonald
‏@ProducerMcD

Trump asking Ken Auletta about his dead dad 3 years in a row adds some clarity to his Tim Kaine/Tom Kean confusion.
CoZZyVPWEAADtQC.jpg:large

jmood88

He'd used it before? I hadn't heard it before, and I mean I follow politics but I don't have time to watch every speech Obama gives, so that larger profile events like this are what the majority of the country sees as some of their only exposure to politics is not surprising in the least.
I don't remember the first time I heard him say it but he has used it pretty much anytime he criticizes other politicians and people boo.

"Don't boo, vote", was a line he used often in 2008

thcsquad

Yeah. He's used it in a few speeches this election cycle when he gets people to boo for Trump. Works pretty well, and I'm glad that he brought it to the huge audience because his other speeches have been overshadowed this year.

dramatis

I went and found the end of Trump's speech at the RNC to see what the audience was like and they were incredibly tepid compared to the roar after Obama's speech.

Also, the Trump email in a nutshell:

2FMCMxm.jpg

Odds on someone doing something stupid during Hillary's acceptance speech?
anigif_enhanced-30423-1397203938-7.gif

Hope the guy who heckled President Obama had his credentials revoked. So rude.

Also the no TPP signs are annoying me in how shit quality they look amidst all the other proper marketing collateral.

Valhelm

contribute something
Odds on someone doing something stupid during Hillary's acceptance speech?
anigif_enhanced-30423-1397203938-7.gif

Hope the guy who heckled President Obama had his credentials revoked. So rude.

Also the no TPP signs are annoying me in how shit quality they look amidst all the other proper marketing collateral.

What was the context of that gif? You see the screenshot everywhere

Wilsongt

O'reilly decided to "clarify" his slavery remarks by saying he wasn't defendinf slavery and just saying some slaves didn't have it so bad.

Which, in turn, is still defending slavery because SOMEONE IS STILL OWNING ANOTHER FUCKING HUMAN BEING.

Gruco

Banned
So... he's senile.

It's actually something I've kind of pondered. Is Trump suffering some sort of dementia.

Because if he wasn't rich, he'd just be another wackadoo on Twitter.
I forget where I saw it, but I've seen speculation that some of his...quirks...are driven by chronic sleep deprivation. He brags about sleeping three hours a night or something. Short temper, irritable, no attention span, bad memory. Etc.

yep. the way she came out and pointed at him actually felt real and meant a lot considering the long history they've had at this point. and hell, you will find posts from me from almost a decade ago absolutely detesting her campaign. i'm not a 'fan', but i am excited to vote for her and i do want her to be president.
This is my spot too. I love the hell out of Obama and am so happy with him. I'm also embarrassed by how severely I dismissed Clinton 8 years ago.

Obama was so on point last night. It's about all of us working and moving together. Constantly. There is a role for the Bernie Sanders, for Barack Obama, Joe Biden, etc etc etc. Hillary gets to take the torch now. Even people who haven't always given her a fair shake are starting to come around to the fact that there is a good reason she has so many people coming to bat for her. Hills gonna straight up Leslie Knope the shit out of the presidency.

Apparently people in the DNC believe the email leaks will be serious very soon and are already preparing people to resign

I'm not really sure, seems like office gossip that got out, as the recent leak from yesterday was a load of nothing. It seems like yesterday would have been the day to drop bombs, given the major speakers

HylianTom

Banned
Anyone know if Obama is there again tonight?

I'd love for him to surprise her and join her family up there after the speech.

Hell, get the Obamas, the Bidens, the Kaines, and the Clintons ALL up there at the end. Have them line-up, theatre-style, to take one big team bow together. Overwhelm the crowd.

Apparently people in the DNC believe the email leaks will be serious very soon and are already preparing people to resign

I'm not really sure, seems like office gossip that got out, as the recent leak from yesterday was a load of nothing. It seems like yesterday would have been the day to drop bombs, given the major speakers

It certainly goes against the wikileaks pattern. They drop the hardest stuff first and then hype the future releases which never lives up to it. Like these voicemails.

Ophelion

Anyone know if Obama is there again tonight?

I'd love for him to surprise her and join her family up there after the speech.

Hell, get the Obamas, the Bidens, the Kaines, and the Clintons ALL up there at the end. Have them line-up, theatre-style, to take one big team bow together. Overwhelm the crowd.

Everyone gets medals, everyone claps. Star Wars wipe. Credits.

Boke1879

Eh we'll see what these emails state but it could amount to nothing more than making a few people seem partial and embarrassed. The voicemails were nothing and I think especially after last night people have moved on from the initial leak.

It certainly goes against the wikileaks pattern. They drop the hardest stuff first and then hype the future releases which never lives up to it. Like these voicemails.
Yea, you'd think if that had something devastating they'd release it when it would have the most impact. Which was this week. And yet, nothing.

Issues with the Sanders' campaign, for example, would be mostly shrugged off if they wait too long.

My take is that it's office gossip Politico managed to get their hands on and wrote a story around it.

If the Politico article is accurate--which, well, you know--it sounds like DWS super duper sucked and the DNC is clown shoes. It also sounds like the Clinton campaign wasn't happy with them so if there's nothing implicating about Clinton i don't really know why anyone would give a shit about organizational nonsense after the convention.

Yea, you'd think if that had something devastating they'd release it when it would have the most impact. Which was this week. And yet, nothing.

Issues with the Sanders' campaign, for example, would be mostly shrugged off if they wait too long.

My take is that it's office gossip Politico managed to get their hands on and wrote a story around it.

Not the first time politico wrote something sensational based on anonymous sources. In fact, that's why I never go there.

studyguy

All I get out of the politico article is both parties are fucking clownshoes right now. The difference is one is ringling brothers 3 ring circus featuring the abominable orange man and one is actually running like a business. It just feels like too many first timers are seeing the sausage of politics be made and suddenly feel it's way too messy. Not sure what people expected.

Also politico's politics podcast is still barely above TMZ tier on my book.

dramatis

I wonder if it really is clownshoes. This convention has been incredibly slick and well-planned. Could be mostly the work of the Hillary campaign though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom