• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is silly. After 08 and 12 Obama got massive bumps after the convention and maintained it for like the rest of the election.

This is not entirely accurate. There was a slight bump, yes, but it wasn't "massive." In 2008, the main bump came from the global economic meltdown.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 6m6 minutes ago

No one has worse judgement than Hillary Clinton - corruption and devastation follows her wherever she goes.
32 retweets 47 likes
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 8m8 minutes ago

Hillary's wars in the Middle East have unleashed destruction, terrorism and ISIS across the world.
11 retweets 26 likes
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 11m11 minutes ago

Hillary's vision is a borderless world where working people have no power, no jobs, no safety.

tumblr_inline_nu8o732dBR1rcatwu_400.jpg

This is silly. After 08 and 12 Obama got massive bumps after the convention and maintained it for like the rest of the election.

The conventions were about a month later. Believe McCain had a little lead after their conventions and Romney had a lead after the first debate.

Honestly, it was a good but not great speech. This just isn't Clinton's strength. The good news is that rest of the convention was so amazing it won't matter and HRC is going to destroy Trump in the debates.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
It's just like Lapel Pins. The only people who care about that are people that wouldn't vote anything but Republican in the first place.

That's how I've seen it, but I didn't know if it actually had any traction.

The majority of Americans hate Muslims and "Radical Islam" is an anti-Muslim dogwhistle.

"Hillary won't say Radical Islam!"="Hillary is a Muslim lover!" which is viewed as a bad thing by a majority of Americans.

I don't buy that. There's no way that a majority of Americans hate Muslims.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 6m6 minutes ago

No one has worse judgement than Hillary Clinton - corruption and devastation follows her wherever she goes.
32 retweets 47 likes
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 8m8 minutes ago

Hillary's wars in the Middle East have unleashed destruction, terrorism and ISIS across the world.
11 retweets 26 likes
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 11m11 minutes ago

Hillary's vision is a borderless world where working people have no power, no jobs, no safety.

So shook he's just recycling tweets. Maybe that picture of a staffer locked in a bathroom with his phone isn't inaccurate

This is the last time I'm mentioning them in anger. From now on it's in derision

But FUCK the Busters standing on CNN inside the hall with their Jill Stein signs. Piss off. Forever. Thank you.

I just kind of imagine the Republican operatives watching the DNC going, "OK, sure Michell had a great speech, Bill had a great speech, Joe Biden was basically Captain America, and Obama started at a 10 and then went up, but hey, Hillary can't speak well, so it might be OK..."

"Um sir, the father of a Muslim serviceman killed in the line of duty just pulled out a pocket Constitution and asked if Donald Trump if he knows anything about it?"

"Ah, fuck. Where's my bourbon?"

I don't know how the establishment republicans supporting trump are going to live with themselves. How can you look your kids in the face and try to justify what you've done? They'll grow up ashamed of you and your memory will be forever tainted. And for what? Sold your soul for a pittance.

[It's not like the never trumpers were an insignificant minority either (Bushes, Romney, Cruz, pundits, etc), you'd be in good company and still have a future]
Bob Dole of all people. Really. Want to be remembered in his last years as a Trump goon.

mo60

In what way?

You don't think that there will be numerous Republicans voting for Hillary? Or do you think they won't be called "Hillary Republicans"?

Probably only 10% of republicans will be voting for Hilary. Maybe 15 or 20 percent if she's really lucky on election day.

VRMN

Probably only 10% of republicans will be voting for Hilary. Maybe 15 or 20 percent if she's really lucky on election day.

Yeah. Unfortunately, Clinton has been successfully made into a truly polarizing figure. Many Republicans, if they don't instinctively just vote straight ticket R, will see "Clinton" on the ballot and check another name. This is why you have Romney, Bush endorsing Johnson. They know it means a Clinton presidency if other Republicans follow them in sizable numbers, but they can't vote for her or admit that's what they prefer to Trump.

Crocodile

Yeah, Bob Dole being at the RNC was a surprise. Had no idea he supported the orange.

The sense I got was it was more he would support the nominee regardless of who it was more than liking Trump specifically. I could be wrong though. Him and George Bush Sr. are around the same age right? I would if Bush Sr. would have been there if Trump hadn't spent so much time shitting on Jeb and the Bush legacy.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's just like Lapel Pins. The only people who care about that are people that wouldn't vote anything but Republican in the first place.

I'd usually say that sort of argument is overused, but seeing that even the diehard republicans I know don't seem to care about it, I can't imagine what sort of centrists care about it. It's almost birther levels of echo chamber, except the entire party seemed to decide to make it one of it's biggest talking points.

The sense I got was it was more he would support the nominee regardless of who it was more than liking Trump specifically. I could be wrong though. Him and George Bush Sr. are around the same age right? I would if Bush Sr. would have been there if Trump hadn't spent so much time shitting on Jeb and the Bush legacy.

No this is correct.

He is a party man through and through. He fell on the sword in 1996 just because someone had to do it. He'd have supported a turnip if it was put up for the GOP. We can argue the morality of doing that, but he is a party guy definitely.

I am very curious what HW will do in the wake of Trump shitting on NATO.

Thank goodness this is the last time we have to see/hear about the last remaining Bernie or Busters. Granted they seem to be limited to some losers from the West Coast and I'm far, far away from them but damn it feels good to be done with their tired act.

So one of the takes I have that I think is really important....

Is the way social media is responding to random ass shit like Tim Kaine and the balloon stuff. The silly dad meme is humanizing the campaign. We saw none of that stuff from the RNC.

I also think that there should be a tonal difference between Obama's speech and Hillary's speech. These are speeches with different aspirations. So, ya, but that's whatever.

No this is correct.

He is a party man through and through. He fell on the sword in 1996 just because someone had to do it. He'd have supported a turnip if it was put up for the GOP. We can argue the morality of doing that, but he is a party guy definitely.
Maybe its hard for a liberal to understand such fierce loyalty to "the party", but I don't understand why Dole, McCain etc cant understand that the party they so cherish has been taken hostage by an insane orange man. Really if you are so "patriotic" towards your party then I believe the route Bushes and Romneys have taken is more ideal.

Long story short, I think Dole was just there for the free breakfast.

Maybe its hard for a liberal to understand such fierce loyalty to "the party", but I don't understand why Dole, McCain etc cant understand that the party they so cherish has been taken hostage by an insane orange man. Really if you are so "patriotic" towards your party then I believe the route Bushes and Romneys have taken is more ideal.

Long story short, I think Dole was just there for the free breakfast.

I think Dole is a good man. I just don't think he truly understands what his party has become. Maybe it's because he's an elder statesman at this point, but I would prefer himt to have distanced himself from the cray-cray. John McCain is scared to do anything to risk his chances in Arizona.

OK I admit it was a OK speech. But I can't bring myself to vote for her. I'm looking at Stein or Johnson.

Congratulations. Enjoy your research. Hopefully it's GMO free. :)

OK I admit it was a OK speech. But I can't bring myself to vote for her. I'm looking at Stein or Johnson.

I don't understand how someone can watch the plea from the parents of that Muslim soldier and still say this without looking like a selfish jerk. Just stop Trump and then vote third party the rest of your life.

Go to your toilet. Jerk off. Look at yourself in the mirror. Throw cold, cold water on your face. Stare into the towel and reflect on all the choices you made in your life that have led you to post "I'm looking at Stein" on neogaf.

Hillary was great and makes me feel confident in her chances in November. I am worried she won't be able to get past the gridlock of congress and get any of her ideas enacted as law. Especially the constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United. I missed the two parents of the Muslim soldier who gave his life for this country. I'll need to try and find it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom