• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These instant poll numbers are good!

Like good. Really good.

Very positive was 71%
Trump's was 57%

Will move us in the right direction 82%
Trump was at 73%

And I know they mean nothing. But it means the speech did play well with those who watched it.

User1608

Banned
No this is correct.

He is a party man through and through. He fell on the sword in 1996 just because someone had to do it. He'd have supported a turnip if it was put up for the GOP. We can argue the morality of doing that, but he is a party guy definitely.
I will never understand party first stuff. If the Dems turned batshit I trust we would all turn on them.

And yeah, HW was okay for sure.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think the DNC "convention bounce" may have more lasting effects than typical, especially thanks to the contrast with the RNC.

sphagnum

Banned
Read some of the headlines at work, sounded like she got some good tweet-bait in there. One thing I was happy about was her saying that the Dems haven't always shown that they're concerned for working people.

shem935

Banned
The Khan family was such an amazing moment. It's up on CNN's frontpage and trending on twitter. Powerful stuff, excellent work getting them to speak.

JP_

Banned
I think the DNC "convention bounce" may have more lasting effects than typical, especially thanks to the contrast with the RNC.

I'm optimistic of this as well. I think when standing next to Trump, there's a chance her general likability polls start to reverse course as well.

Ophelion

I've decided to stop hiding in the shadows, to be more open about my beliefs. I basically put up my own endorsement speech for Hillary on my Facebook and invited anyone I know to talk to me about it. I promised I'd talk to them as long as it took to convince them. President Obama was right. This isn't a spectator sport. I need to fight for this with my whole heart or what is even the point of my convictions?

Diablos

These instant poll numbers are good!

Like good. Really good.

Very positive was 71%
Trump's was 57%

Will move us in the right direction 82%
Trump was at 73%

And I know they mean nothing. But it means the speech did play well with those who watched it.
I'll take it.

Good night PoliGAF. Hillary is 45!

GutsOfThor

I've decided to stop hiding in the shadows, to be more open about my beliefs. I basically put up my own endorsement speech for Hillary on my Facebook and invited anyone I know to talk to me about it. I promised I'd talk to them as long as it took to convince them. President Obama was right. This isn't a spectator sport. I need to fight for this with my whole heart or what is even the point of my convictions?

You're more brave than I am.

Teggy

Guys, guys...Hillary wasn't wearing an American flag pin. This was pointed out by a Fox newsbot, so the election is now lost.

That time slot was amazing. First the reverend, Khan, the General, the crowd going nuts with patriotism. It blew me away.

We had to go nuts because the Busters were being idiots.

I think the guy on MSNBC made a good point:

Hillary looked like a President tonight. Look, she's not going to be an orator. That's not her gift. Her gift is doing the work of President. So, highlight that. Give a speech that plays to what you're good at. You're wonky. Here are plans. Here's what I'm going to do. And I'm ready. I'm not crazy.

Also, Mike Pence got Republicans to boo "Hillary Clinton says America is Great" tonight. FYI.

This was the best convention I've seen but imagine how incredibly perfect it would have been without the far left wackos and the wikileaks bullshit.

Eh, I loathe them but I think in a way they'll be a net benefit because they confirmed the stuff everyone thought about them. And they managed to piss off some Bernie supporters too.

HylianTom

Banned
That instapoll is frivolous, but I'll bet it'll make Trump seethe inside.

CogakVUVIAU4DBN.jpg

Who is even in that instapoll? It is scientific or controlled in any manner?

I mean it's scientific in that they typically prescreen people the day before. And then if they say they're going to watch the the convention speech, they'll schedule a call back when it's over. It's as scientific as an insta poll can actually be.

lol, Wolf with a glass of wine doing his own little private jam.

This is rather entertaining! Didn't have anything like this after the RNC.

Bowdz

This was the best convention I've seen but imagine how incredibly perfect it would have been without the far left wackos and the wikileaks bullshit.

I actually think it was a net benefit in the end. Per the Politico story, DWS was destroying the DNC and severely mismanaging it strategically. We now have a complete shakeup at the DNC to hopefully become more competitive in the fall and in the midterms. Also, the wikileaks, while confirming the delusions of the die hard BoB crowd, brought to light some very real division in the party and forced the whole party to deal with them in the open. I think we are coming out of this stronger and more united. Finally, the email hack has out Trump's Russian connection at the forefront of the election (there was yet another hack of the DCCC today from Russia yet again, srs). This is a huge opportunity to paint Trump as literally un-American.

It was messy in the beginning, but I think the convention was an overwhelming success.

I was only four in 1992, what's the story about Hillary and not making cookies?

When Bill ran in 1992 the right criticized her for having a career.They basically said the only reason she had a career/got ahead was because Bill helped her. And she said “I suppose I could have stayed home, baked cookies and had teas."

They hated that.

Chichikov

I was only four in 1992, what's the story about Hillary and not making cookies?
She said this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGranwN_uk

Conservatives threw their usual concern trolling hissy fit about it (IIRC it was along the lines of "she disrespected housewives") and she had to apologize for that.
You really have no idea of the amount of humiliating shit she had to go through.

You think it's bad now, and it is, but maaaaaaaaaaaaan, we have come a long way since 1992.

Edit: they made her do a cookie recipe contest with Barbara Bush, for real.

Teggy

I mean it's scientific in that they typically prescreen people the day before. And then if they say they're going to watch the the convention speech, they'll schedule a call back when it's over. It's as scientific as an insta poll can actually be.

So they're not adjusting for party identity - it's literally just a bunch of people who watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom