• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
Um guys, Tim Kaine used to be hot AF

CodvcFaWgAAEI8-.jpg

CobASiLWgAAEJ7z.jpg

GutsOfThor

I really hope they don't move the dates.This country has much more dire things to concern itself with than some dumb fucking sports event.

Bowdz

CNN dug up this pro-Russia hack saying that Trump has the right approach for ending the Cold War.... WTF

Lol, Cohen is such an asshole and major Putin apologist. He's been on Fareed Zakaria multiple times during the Ukraine invasion and has NOTHING negative to say about Russia or Putin. I'm all for trying to look at the world through Russia's eyes every once and a while to see how NATO must feel to them, but Cohen goes so far over the line. I'd hate to be stuck in one of his classes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Zero Hedge has correctly reported 28 of the last 0 black helicopter strikes.

I remember the first time I found myself on zerohedge. Someone on GAF had linked to it as proof of some insane conspiracy theory. I clicked the link, took a look around, and then took a shower because I felt that dirty having read it. If I didn't know better I'd say it was a parody site.

See @maggieNYT> "asked what he would say to the grieving father,Mr. Trump replied,'I’d say, ‘We’ve had a lot of problem with radical islam'"

I need a check on if Hitler was more willing to praise Jewish German veterans of WW1 than Trump will praise Muslim veterans.

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/759499790858067968

What the fuck is zero hedge

Spoken like someone who doesn't have all of his or her money invested in gold bars and bullets.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zero Hedge showed up really high on the search times list when I typed zero. Must be popular!

Oh look, I guess I should buy gold.

NeoXChaos

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us/politics/donald-trump-presidential-race.html?_r=0

Maggie HabermanVerified account
‏@maggieNYT
While some Trump aides insist CO is in play, several Rs close to campaign think it's gone

Even as Mr. Trump has ticked up in national polls in recent weeks, senior Republicans say his path to the 270 Electoral College votes needed for election has remained narrow — and may have grown even more precarious. It now looks exceedingly difficult for him to assemble even the barest Electoral College majority without beating Hillary Clinton in a trifecta of the biggest swing states: Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

In addition, Trump allies have grown concerned about North Carolina, a Republican-leaning state that has large communities of black voters and college-educated whites — two audiences with which Mr. Trump is deeply unpopular.

While Mr. Trump is not ready to give up entirely on any of the major battlegrounds, advisers have become increasingly convinced that his most plausible route to the presidency, and perhaps his only realistic victory scenario, involves capturing all three of the biggest electoral prizes on the map, and keeping North Carolina in the Republican column.

There is no imminent plan, Trump advisers say, to match Mrs. Clinton’s spending on television ads. Instead, they intend to aim Mr. Trump like a battering ram at a small number of targets, to keep delivering his provocative message on trade, terrorism and immigration.

Farmboy

Apparently some Dem insiders are speculating that this Khan thing will be Trump's final downfall. Don't know if that's the case, but at the very least it will get lots of play. Ads are no doubt being story boarded.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently some Dem insiders are speculating that this Khan thing will be Trump's final downfall. Don't know if that's the case, but at the very least it will get lots of play. Ads are no doubt being story boarded.
Why would this be his downfall? He has to lose his most ardent supporters and he can only do that by saying jk on the wall, black people are not lazy, most Muslims are peaceful, and Hillary is pretty great.

No single issue will be Trump's downfall.

It has to be death by 100,000 cuts. It would be silly to think this one thing, while it will be an effective issue going forward, will be enough.

Bowdz

Cuban is killing it. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but he's a great surrogate. He should definitely be deployed frequently to shore up PA.

watershed

Banned
Why would this be his downfall? He has to lose his most ardent supporters and he can only do that by saying jk on the wall, black people are not lazy, most Muslims are peaceful, and Hillary is pretty great.

Trump won't lose his most ardent supporters and beating him does not involve that happening. All it takes is making sure he loses in his worst performing demos by large enough margins and winning undecideds. No one is going to take racist white voters away from Trump.

Just like the ads targeting suburban white women or military veterans, it isn't about winning over Trump's most reliable demos, it's about turning everyone else.

Cuban is killing it. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but he's a great surrogate. He should definitely be deployed frequently to shore up PA.

He would also be the type of person that appeals to the type of people that like Trump. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing though.

NeoXChaos

Updated Thread Assignment
PolIGAF 2016 Electoral College and Popular Vote Sweepstakes
August 1st 2016 - September 5th, 2016

September 26th, 2016
1st Presidential Debate-b-dubs
October 4th, 2016
Vice Presidential Debate-pigeon
October 9th, 2016
2nd Presidential Debate-Paskil
October 19th, 2016
3rd Presidential Debate-Holmes
November 8th, 2016
United States General Election-Aaron Strife

I need confirmation that you all are still doing your threads.

He would also be the type of person that appeals to the type of people that like Trump. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing though.

Yeah but unlike Trump, Mark Cuban actually did start from nothing. I think Cuban and Bloomberg are just getting annoyed that a shitty orange cheeto that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth is acting like the champion of little man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom