• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That's better than I thought (unfortunately). Still bad though. Hope Khan rips him a new one tomorrow and does not accept his "apology".

Trump just put out a new statement on the Khans:

faBXMcp.jpg

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/759580229065175041

Lol what a buffoon. I think he is starting to lose it. The first half of that statement looks like it was written by the campaign but he had to get in the last word

Trump just put out a new statement on the Khans:

faBXMcp.jpg

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/759580229065175041

I'm betting that within 24 hours this turd burglar is going to tweet something really idiotic about the Khans. Clearly he didn't write that statement, and probably didn't even proofread it. He's probably sleeping in his underwear on the couch after watching rerurn of his Apprentice season finale. He'll get up at 3 AM and tweet something stupid then continue throwing shitbombs at everything in the morning.

One of the biggest take aways (for me at least) is the increase in favorability numbers.

In the last poll among moderates, she was at 40% approval, 48% disapproval.
She's currently at 52/44 among the group.

In the last poll Trump was at 25/67. He's now at 32/63.

Also, check out the favorable/unfavorable among men. She went from 29/64 to 40/56. Trump went down among men. He was at 41/53, and he's now at 38/57.

In H2H based on gender, the gender gap among women is still +16 Hillary. BUT, last month, she was down -13 among men. She's now only down 7 among them. (44/51). Trump didn't lose support, it was all movement towards Hillary.

blackw0lf

That 45 favorability rating is actually pretty good. I think even Obama only has 51.

A 10 point favorability bump is pretty huge. And may be the most exciting stat coming out of the PPP poll.

Also 95% of "very liberal" voters now supporting Hillary, as opposed to 83% before, is promising

Congratulations Green party, you're polling below a dead gorilla!
So Harambe was an anti-vaxxer? Also.. Why is Harambe a thing?

Bojack is one of the greatest shows of all time. Of. All. Time. I'm halfway through season 3.
And that abortion episode was one of the best explorations of abortion ever. Seriously. Really, really well done
I need to watch season 3 still. But Holy shit..
An abortion..?
Damn it I need to watch. The best moments of the show from the first 2 seasons to me were
Herb not forgiving Bojack, Bojack asking Diane if he was a good person, and when Mr. Peanut Butter finds Diane is back in Hollywoo and goes through the phone call routine. I am not ashamed to admit that my eyes watered.

The fact that Trump's people released a statement is testament to this blowing up in their face.

There is a LOT of shit that Americans will put up with and handwave away. The perception that Kerry was against the Vietnam Veterans after, you know, actually fighting in Vietnam was one of the things that sunk his candidacy.

The fact that the Trump campaign is trying to get out in front of it is important! If their response is going to be "We value him, but GUIS, come on, they shouldn't say shit about me!" Good luck selling that to the American people.

And by American people I mean the 10% of people who are actually persuadable. .

Also, the PPP poll had a really large sample size which is interesting.

The majority of undecideds being Democrat leaning is very comforting.

I was a little concerned there was this big chunk of willing Trump voters just embarrassed to admit it.

ampere

Updated Thread Assignment

I need confirmation that you all are still doing your threads.

What's the deal with OTs since Kris is banned and juniored? Should I just keep making them unless someone else wants? I'm fine either way

He has become the most important person in the country. Him and his family are the perfect encapsulation of what this election means and I hope he utterly ruins Trump.

Yes. Peaceful Muslim parents grieving the loss of their child who is an American war hero. It sums up everything about America being a melting pot and refutes all of Trump's bullshit in one swoop.

Lol people still think all this stuff is not hurting him when his numbers outside whites are in the toilet.

I'm not even going to bother explaining that he didn't survive the stupid shit he's said.

His numbers with anyone not a white male are horrible. The election is practically over if he can't get Hispanics and women to vote for him. All we need is turnout.

TheFatOne

Is this the fastest Trump's camp has tried to walk something back? For most politicians that statement would have been political suicide. I hope it sinks him.

Wow according to the poll if it was Obama and Trump it would be 53/44. Trump would still get 44 percent of the vote.

I think this and the Thursday ratings dip shows that people are responding to others coming out for her. As the negativity from the Bernie side goes away and people who advocate for her start speaking out more (not just in the media, but amongst friends) I think she'll move up.

I think she still can steal quite a few soft republicans who have been disillusioned with the party focusing on the culture war as opposed to conservatism. The debates are what people want to see...

The thought that all it would take is another dumbfuck agent of IS to do something to bail out Trump from this mess and shift attention from this story sickens and scares me.

mo60

I mean even Goldwater got 39% of the vote.

The last time someone came close to getting sub 35% of the vote was Alf Landon in 1936. If trump got like 36.5% of the vote he will lose by 20+ or 30+ million votes now probably, but I expect trump to lose by like 10 million+ votes in this election.

Iolo

Despite what the corrupt establishment media may tell you, the word jagoff is not exclusive to Pittsburgh or even PA. I heard it all the time growing up in East Harambe.

blackw0lf

Last time Hillary had 45 favorability was early last year.

That's a huge swing. Granted it's right after the convention so we'll see how long it lasts. But that's really promising.

One of the biggest take aways (for me at least) is the increase in favorability numbers.

In the last poll among moderates, she was at 40% approval, 48% disapproval.
She's currently at 52/44 among the group.

In the last poll Trump was at 25/67. He's now at 32/63.

Also, check out the favorable/unfavorable among men. She went from 29/64 to 40/56. Trump went down among men. He was at 41/53, and he's now at 38/57.

In H2H based on gender, the gender gap among women is still +16 Hillary. BUT, last month, she was down -13 among men. She's now only down 7 among them. (44/51). Trump didn't lose support, it was all movement towards Hillary.

It's heartening too to see that Hillary's problem stems more from undecided voters, while Trump's problem is people who simply are against him.Their unfavorables dropped at the same rate, but Hillary's favorables benefited most from undecided voters favoring her rather than people who find her unfavorable.

watershed

Banned
Yep.

And just like that this issue has been put to bed.

Nah, it's gonna stay a story through at least tomorrow and Monday depending on if Trump responds and keeps the story alive. Mr. Khan is on MTP in the morning so that will generate more coverage. I wonder how vetted he is. Does Hillary's camp know how this story ends or are they just happy to let it play out. This story still has steam and rightfully so. See the NY Times article below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us/politics/donald-trump-khizr-khan-wife-ghazala.html?_r=0

Iolo

Last time Hillary had 45 favorability was early last year.

That's a huge swing. Granted it's right after the convention so we'll see how long it lasts. But that's really promising.

She lost a crapload of favorability since April, which I think was from primary feelings hardening as reality set in and the "rigged" attacks began. Some improvement is to be had by reversing that.

Iolo

I think Khan's wife was right to leave some of the attacks out of the speech, it makes him look more partisan when he attacks Trump for his wives etc.

↓ precisely

I don't know why you are all celebrating those personal comments. The whole reason why the Khan's are sympathetic is that they are above the Trump gutter, if they say "yeah and his mother was a whore" then it sullies the whole thing. I hope they are wise enough to continue making him look like the bad guy in their interviews.

Drakeon

This basically guarantees a trump tweet. My 24 hours prediction still stands.

Queue frightened interns playing keep away with Trumps phone as he bangs on the bathroom they locked themselves in. We'll know when he wrestles it back and gets control of his phone again.

The last time someone came close to getting sub 35% of the vote was Alf Landon in 1936. If trump got like 36.5% of the vote he will lose by 20+ or 30+ million votes now probably, but I expect trump to lose by like 10 million+ votes in this election.

It always amuses me that the two states the GOP won that year were Vermont and Maine. Because obvs.

Eh, I think the Kahn's are fine. You're assuming that people are going to view their comments through a partisan lens. I don't think that's true. I also don't think trump is going to get the benefit of the doubt on this with most of the public.It fits the narrative. He's gone after the troops. He's gone after wounded warriors (McCain). He's stiffed veterans groups. And now he's going after Goldstar Families.

I do believe that the PPP poll proves that Trump's floor and ceiling are so close together that only his tiny, tiny hands can fit between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom