• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

ArdWzxZ.png

Other than this being an appeal to popularity fallacy, doesn't the Nielsen ratings only track cable subscribers? The Democratic base skews significantly younger, holding the vast majority of millennial support, and only a minority of that group watches or subscribes to cable TV.
I'd argue that the DNC numbers were actually significantly higher than the RNC during the speeches, with those numbers widening even more during the other nights of the conventions the DNC already lead in viewership.

Geg

We already know that there were significantly more watching Hillary on youtube than Trump on youtube right? Maybe enough to make up that .2M difference between their TV ratings

Like, I appreciate you all getting reports from Cryin' Ryan and whatever, but why has no one posted Goddess Queen Cher's views on this?

Cher ‏@cher 44m44 minutes ago
HAS NO CONSCIENCE,MORAL
COMPASS,💖,SOUL, KNOWLEDGE OF HONESTY,EMPATHY,🇺🇸,MINORITIES,DISABLED,VETS,SMALL BIZ OWNERS

Cher ‏@cher 15h15 hours ago
ASS WIPE🚽SAID HE SACRIFICED
4HIS COUNTRY😳WHAT⁉️3MIIN EGG 4MINS⁉️LAUNDRESS PUT 2MUCH STARCH IN HIS SHIRT⁉️MAID DREW BATH 2HOT⁉️LOW LIFE LY'N🔧

Cher ‏@cher 15h15 hours ago
🚽IS SUCH A FKNG RACIST🔧CANT STAND IT‼️IF HE CARES SO MUCH ABOUT 🇺🇸'NS,WHY DOESNT HE MAKE"1"FKNG PRODUCT HERE,IN🇺🇸⁉️
STUPID,LYING CON MAN🔧

tumblr_mxjuznMGgT1stnca2o1_1280.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
People need to stop saying "and yet his poll numbers keep going up!" Honestly, with the exception of post-RNC polling, he's been pretty constrained to 42%. He has support with his base but he does NOT have the entire party consolidated. This stuff hurts him.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Something organized in advance and open to any reporter?
Are press conferences typically open to any reporter? I was always under the impression they were open to invited press only?

Edit:
People need to stop saying "and yet his poll numbers keep going up!" Honestly, with the exception of post-RNC polling, he's been pretty constrained to 42%. He has support with his base but he does NOT have the entire party consolidated. This stuff hurts him.
"And yet his poll numbers keep going up!" Is my new meme when trumps campaign does shitty. (Look for it at about 11:30pm eastern on November 8th after Virginia is called)

Something organized in advance and open to any reporter?

Many press conferences are held at the last minute/quickly and I don't think Press Conferences have to allow any reporter to attend. White House Press Conferences are often quickly thrown together and they definitely do not let any member of the press in.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yup. This ain't the primary anymore, get with the times.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are press conferences typically open to any reporter? I was always under the impression they were open to invited press only?

Depends on the event and who is speaking. With something like this I can't imagine it's open to anyone who shows up. Probably only the embedded journalists and the local outlets who can't afford to embed someone.

TopDreg

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/...houldnt-speak-political-conventions/87887438/

This article has me seriously debating on what to think about General Allen's words at the DNC. I lean towards advocating for the first amendment if one has retired from the military, even recently. The political opinions of recent veterans on how best to lead the country should play a role in deciding a candidate's capacity for military matters. They know best. Yet, a recently retired veteran can have a substantial impact on the minds of those currently serving. I say advocate for their voice, yet stress the need to be minimalist and to maintain the military as a non-political institution.

Another Jill Stein idiot on CNN. He's giving me a headache.

Just reminded me of how I felt watching Cornel trying to shill hard for Jill Stein on Bill Maher's show.

jsIKgk9.jpg

Just have the balls to call out trump mang.

It's amazing how quickly the GOP became the party of Trump and only Trump. Paul Ryan is now in this weird place where he basically feels like he's one of those libertarians who doesn't really like the party but he still joins it because it's one of the two big parties. He's sort of like Rand Paul at this point.

I mean his support with the republicans is really high. It's more like he hasnt been able to get the right leaning independents to get him closer to Romney numbers.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
ArdWzxZ.png

Other than this being an appeal to popularity fallacy, doesn't the Nielsen ratings only track cable subscribers? The Democratic base skews significantly younger, holding the vast majority of millennial support, and only a minority of that group watches or subscribes to cable TV.
I'd argue that the DNC numbers were actually significantly higher than the RNC during the speeches, with those numbers widening even more during the other nights of the conventions the DNC already lead in viewership.

Oh Donald, let me count the ways ....
- People like watching trainwrecks
- Dems like to know their opponent, Reps dare not (you actively discouraged people from watching)
- youtube
- Late night comedy gets more viewers

diaspora

I'm not going to lie, I'd be more interested in watching cheeto-dick completely implode over the course of the next 3 months than watch a horse-race.

Crocodile

What annoys me even more are comments akin to "his base won't care!" since it ignores the reality that he needs more than his base to actually win.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
This interview is a fucking trainwreck.

I mean, all his interviews are train wrecks...

Luckily it feels like PA is slipping from his grasp. With VA, CO and NV that's a wrap.

So who do we all think is the most likely to come out against Trump now? I wonder if McCain may since his bestie Lindsey already has and given he is up for re-election it might be worth the gamble.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Jesus Christ,

He is lying about his debt load, and how he financed Trump SoHo.

He can't help but lie. He opens his mouth and he just lies.

which interview?
The fact that it's not clear which interview shows what a train wreck his campaign is!
So who do we all think is the most likely to come out against Trump now? I wonder if McCain may since his bestie Lindsey already has and given he is up for re-election it might be worth the gamble.

McCain won't. He needs the wacky, racist, GOP voters in Arizona to support him. He's basically a RINO to them, so he can't give them a reason to not support him.

Also, the fact that the campaign actually tried to do damage control on this shows it's a big deal. The media is holding onto it. He's being as close to denounced as we're going to get. People are annoyed with him. He's now trying to blame the media for the whole thing. Clearly, his people know this is a losing hand.

Keep digging asshole!

TopDreg

Jesus Christ,

He is lying about his debt load, and how he financed Trump SoHo.

He can't help but lie. He opens his mouth and he just lies.

Like I said, he just admitted that he literally intends to not honor 'deals'. He's "liquid". The best liquid. So liquid he could be converted as Russian currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom