• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

That part on Putin not going into.the Ukraine is even worse in video form. He literally has no idea what has happened in Crimea.

This is like Sarah Palin levels of foreign policy knowledge x50. Russia won't invade the Ukraine, but the Crineans are happy with Russia, and the Ukraine is a mess, and Obama did it

Yeah, he was going in with his usual "believe me, take it to the bank" bullshit, but recovered a bit. I still think he couldn't pick Ukraine on a map.

first comment says all you need to know about how "fatal" this will be:

"I see George is having another bipolar moment. He isn't even making an attempt to be unbiased. What a joke of a journalist."

The right has spent decades conditioning their voters for this

No one expects this to completely end Trump but its hurting him and the GOP. McConnell and Ayotte wouldn't be putting out statements supporting the Khan's otherwise. Given his campaign's lack of funding and surrogates, Manafort's probably praying for another blast of wikileaks right now.

Zackat

Girl. Required.

Also, it doesn't matter what the right thinks about this. Like, that's not who we're talking about here. We're talking about people who may be on the right(ish) but aren't freaking insane! No, we're not going to win over every Fox News viewer. That's not our goal. That's not why we want this on the shows. We're talking those moderates in Virginia, Florida, Ohio, and Colorado who, you know, are decent human beings and don't like people attacking veterans and their families.

It's not about a home run every single time one of these stories breaks. It's a steady drip, drip, drip.

This is me. Though I wasn't voting for him a long time ago. I am a right leaning independent, but I am not insane. I would also like to see progress made on social issues that are important to me that have been festering or lying dormant for too long, rather than throw dirt on them. It's why I voted for Obama last election as well.

I don't agree with everything Hillary wants to do but I am a reasonable man. And not batshit crazy.

I'm also in FL, so my vote probably counts quite a bit.

TopDreg

Watching the interview. Trump basically just said he can default on any debts without consequences, including his current debts. Um. He just expressed his intentions to not honor contracts. To honor 'deals'.

Boke1879

Ah ok. So in line with everything else in the interview, got it.

I must admit, i'm petrified this guy is going to get in. It's way too close.

Yup. He needs to be taken seriously. He has a real possibility of being the President of the United States. I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure this isn't a reality.

Watching the interview. Trump basically just said he can default on any debts without consequences, including his current debts. Um. He just expressed his intentions to not honor contracts. To honor 'deals'.

He doesn't need to borrow money. He's liquid. The most best liquid. The greatest.

Yup. He needs to be taken seriously. He has a real possibility of being the President of the United States. I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure this isn't a reality.

I'm in another nation so powerless, all I can do is watch the fireworks unfortunately.

tRfj1WK.jpg

@FoxNews
Poll: @HillaryClinton vs. @realDonaldTrump in Pennsylvania.

Emarv

My favorite part of the interview is when he says "We've run a great campaign. A flawless campaign. You're gonna write books on this campaign."

Yeah, Donald, we're definitely gonna write books on this one. That's for damn sure.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My favorite part of the interview is when he says "We've run a great campaign. A flawless campaign. You're gonna write books on this campaign."

Yeah, Donald, we're definitely gonna write books on this one. That's for damn sure.

This is going to happen no matter how the election turns out. Just too interesting either way, but especially if he wins.

Grief.exe

I'm so humble you could build a gold statue dedicated to my humbleness.

I need the exact quote from that recent interview with Mike Pence and Trump where they are talking about how humble Trump is.

I think for my sanity I am not going to click on that because I know it will soon into a debate between Chomsky Leftists and sane people.

I think this one's pretty clear cut. It's not about the annexation etc, but Trump being clueless about Russia invading its neighbor.

Bowdz

And I an only see her lead getting bigger if Trump's campaign continues to tank like it has.

PA is a pipe dream, but if he can't even keep it close, I don't know what his argument is for Ohio.

Not only that, but based off of Alex Castellanos on MTP this morning and the NYT article yesterday citing sources in the campaign and RNC, PA is a must win state for Trump. There is no plan B. They have to win FL, OH, and PA to win.

Grief.exe

Not only that, but based off of Alex Castellanos on MTP this morning and the NYT article yesterday citing sources in the campaign and RNC, PA is a must win state for Trump. There is no plan B. They have to win FL, OH, and PA to win.

Isn't he behind significantly in PA and FL right now and tied, at best, in Ohio?

This ABC interview is Palin 20/20 bad.

Yeah, Trump has had about 5 Palin 20/20 moments now.

Trump supporters: Liberal media conspiracy.

Wilsongt

Another conspiracy propped up by the dishonest liberal media.

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump – Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump

The dishonest media is fawning over the Democratic Convention. I wonder why, then, my speech had millions of more viewers than Crooked H?
1:09 PM - 31 Jul 2016
1,181 RETWEETS3,973 LIKES

Waving that orange cock all over the place again I see.

This is me. Though I wasn't voting for him a long time ago. I am a right leaning independent, but I am not insane. I would also like to see progress made on social issues that are important to me that have been festering or lying dormant for too long, rather than throw dirt on them. It's why I voted for Obama last election as well.

I don't agree with everything Hillary wants to do but I am a reasonable man. And not batshit crazy.

I'm also in FL, so my vote probably counts quite a bit.

And this totally makes me happy!

I'm a leftie. I'm not ashamed of that. But, if this cycle has taught me anything, it's taught me 1) we need two functional parties. Like. Seriously. We cannot allow this shit to happen again. and 2) The leftmost position is not always the best one! There are some things the Democratic party is maybe not good on, and we need to utilize the big tent in an effort to listen and git good.

Like, the first is probably more important than the second, but if we're going to be a two party nation (and we're always going to be a two party nation) we all have vested interest in making sure that both parties are a little bit not crazy. If the Democratic party turned into the Green Party, I'd want someone to call us out on that.

If Trump can't win PA, plan B would be NH + NH to get 269 electoral votes and then send it to the house. Plan C is to take CA and NY like a true winner.

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump – Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump

The dishonest media is fawning over the Democratic Convention. I wonder why, then, my speech had millions of more viewers than Crooked H?
1:09 PM - 31 Jul 2016
1,181 RETWEETS3,973 LIKES

Waving that orange cock all over the place again I see.

Can something that small be said to be "all over the place" though?

Sorry. I had to go there.

Wow this blew up didnt it?

We still have 14 weeks of this shit, be prepared to sit through maybe 5-6 more of these career ending mistakes and attacks that all play out the same way.

Trump says horrible thing, or attacks person, or responds horribly to person's comments because of his insecurity.

Campaign tries to clean it up. GOP leaders try to spin Trump's nonsense.

Trump comes back and fucks it up even worse.

Manafort starts to claim Trump never said anything in the first place.

Trump says something horrible again to someone else and the cycle starts up again.

Btw the "5-6 more of these" number I came up with is a very conservative estimate, we might be looking at dozens of these incidents before November.

Bowdz

I would love Chris Morris to try and sit down with Trump and ask him about a bunch of fake shit.

I honestly hope some journalist tries this. Just ask him about something so completely and obviously fake and see if he bullshits his way through it or if he actually says something like "I haven't heard anything about that, let me do some research and get back to you."

Crisco

Banned
Is the GOP really going to let this happen? I mean, their policies have been intellectually bunk for decades, but it always seemed the people pulling the strings had the political savvy to prevent a disaster like this. If they stay the course with Trump, the damage to the party will last long past this election cycle. I knew a black President would cause them to lose their minds, but this is well beyond what I thought was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom