• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRMN

It was a bizarre answer, and I'm not sure why she's still saying that. It's the kind of thing that drives people to scream "what a liar!" at their televisions, and confirms people's worst suspicions about her.

I'd prefer she go with something like this: "I maneuvered through the entire email saga clumsily, and it's certainly a low point in my time as a public servant. When I said that no classified emails were sent, that reflected the fact that we made a conscious effort to avoid doing so; the FBI investigation confirmed, however, that out of the thousands and thousands of emails that were sent and received, a tiny percentage did indeed turn out to include information marked classified. Even that, though, is a failure, and I should have been more careful with my words."

Yeah, the way this whole thing has happened has bugged me. I know how much of a nothing the whole thing is and I know explaining why would take more than a soundbite, but better to make it slightly bigger and apologize than to try and minimize it and be called a liar.

ampere

A person like Trump would never win the Democrat primary because when racism isn't an option, you have to actually have good reasons for people to vote for you.

Hmmmm

dDwHDhN.png

Poligaffers, where can I go to see who and what will be up for voting on my ballot this year in my area/state? I've decided that I want to be more informed on things, especially the potential laws up for the vote.

Iraq's not really a good example as the left was going crazy at the Iraq Resolution even in 2002-2003 and it was a large part of what would fuel Dean supporters. No hindsight required there, it's actually more revisionist to say that everyone accepted it at the time.

I never claimed this. I said there were differences, the left was divided. Hillary and Biden voted for he war! Many left-wing voices gave support.

Many of these millenials would have joined this support. Some not, but there wouldn't be this lock step purity like no-one but conservatives supported the effort to oust saddam

pigeon

Banned
There's some evidence to suggest that there are two groups of Independents.

The first are like you, actually Independent voters. The second are Republicans who don't want to call themselves Republicans.

There are actually three groups, since there is a corresponding group of fake independents on the Democratic side. But crypto-Republicans are the most common.

ampere

I know a number of people who are extremely liberal but refuse to identify as Democrats. They want to be above the two party system or something

I guess they're "independents"

I'm an independent voting for Hillary, same with my 2 brothers. I actually posted about it earlier in this thread and hesitated to do so because I figured there would be sentiment like this lol.

If you aren't voting for Trump because you think he's a terrible person, you're OK in my book regardless of other views you may hold

I never claimed this. I said there were differences, the left was divided. Hillary and Biden voted for he war! Many left-wing voices gave support.

Many of these millenials would have joined this support. Some not, but there wouldn't be this lock step purity like no-one but conservatives supported the effort to oust saddam

I'd say that most of these people on the extreme left that hate Hillary today would be the same type that hated Democrats who voted for the resolution back then.

shem935

Banned
"Russia sees Clinton as the enemy, knocks dem convention"...as if that's a negative thing coming from the party of Reagan is astounding.

Crisco

Banned
Look if you don't live in one of the ~10 states that will determine who becomes President, go ahead and write in "Deez Nuts" for all I care. If you do though, and don't vote for Hillary Clinton, then you're a traitor to this country. Plain and simple.

TheFatOne

Listening to Kazir Khan on CNN, and if Trump thinks he can just keep using another controversy to bury a story he has another thing coming. Kazir Khan is saying that he is going to keep speaking out until both Ryan and McConnel repudiate Trump, and we all know this is not going to happen. Good on Kazir Khan. I wouldn't not have the composure or patience to deal with this. This looks like it's not going to go away for a while, and Kazir Khan is going to be driving this.

Grief.exe

Listening to Kazir Khan on CNN, and if Trump thinks he can just keep using another controversy to bury a story he has another thing coming. Kazir Khan is saying that he is going to keep speaking out until both Ryan and McConnel repudiate Trump, and we all know this is not going to happen. Good on Kazir Khan. I wouldn't not have the composure or patience to deal with this. This looks like it's not going to go away for a while, and Kazir Khan is going to be driving this.

Kazir Khan should run for Senate, only need 9 years as a citizen of the United States, which I'm sure he already qualifies for.

Look if you don't live in one of the ~10 states that will determine who becomes President, go ahead and write in "Deez Nuts" for all I care. If you do though, and don't vote for Hillary Clinton, then you're a traitor to this country. Plain and simple.
I think it's equally important that this be a popular vote rout so I don't really encourage this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Kazir Khan is too real for this world, holy shit. Where does this guy stand on the issues? Can the Dems run him for something?

thefro

first comment says all you need to know about how "fatal" this will be:

"I see George is having another bipolar moment. He isn't even making an attempt to be unbiased. What a joke of a journalist."

The right has spent decades conditioning their voters for this

E7VU5Tt.jpg

To be fair, if it was Jeb v.s. Hillary and Karl Rove moderated Meet the Press and interviewed Hillary and it went badly, we'd probably be complaining. I know I was whining about him talking negatively about Obama in 2008 during the primary.

Of course, Trump's been complete clownshoes with any interviewer who hasn't used kid gloves this whole election cycle, so Stephanopoulos doesn't make a difference there.

User1608

Banned
Some people are vastly underestimating minority, women voters and turnout. Hah.
Oh damn, I hope he'll be safe.

Crisco

Banned
I think it's equally important that this be a popular vote rout so I don't really encourage this.

It's important, but come on, we've been railing Sanders supporters for months about the realities of our two party system. Well, the electoral college is a reality too. Can't have it both ways.

Bowdz

The more I think about it, Kazir Khan should absolutely be appointed to the Senate as Kaine's replacement. He's a perfect example of an immigrant family, he's deeply patriotic, he's a lawyer, he'd be the first Muslim Senator, and, as he's proving right now, he's a keen political navigator.

Do it McAuliffe. DO IT!

sangreal

The more I think about it, Kazir Khan should absolutely be appointed to the Senate as Kaine's replacement. He's a perfect example of an immigrant family, he's deeply patriotic, he's a lawyer, he'd be the first Muslim Senator, and, as he's proving right now, he's a keen political navigator.

Do it McAuliffe. DO IT!

I'm glad he is making a fool of Trump but I don't think he has even called himself a Democrat?

teiresias

I just spent six hours sitting in an airport because of a delay for a 1.5 hour flight. Trump has my vote if he can make the planes run on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom