• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This interview is a fucking trainwreck.

I mean, all his interviews are train wrecks...

Luckily it feels like PA is slipping from his grasp. With VA, CO and NV that's a wrap.

That's the funny thing. I keep saying, "Well, there are still three months left in the election. Anything can happen here to help him bridge those gaps."

Then the other thought of, "This guy has three more months to fill the airwaves with examples of his idiocy."

I'm very curious to see what happens next. Will he stop giving interviews? I'm still not sold he does the debates. Manafort et al can say he will, but I still feel like there is a good chance he refuses to do any debates.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Jesus Christ,

They are applying for foreign worker Visa's in Mar Lago right now? And claiming it's because no one in the US wants the jobs.

FFS.

StoOgE

JESUS CHRIST.

He's attacking Generals for doing a bad job and being bad Generals?

How is this clown not polling under 20%.

TopDreg

Is there no law against lying in politics? It couldn't qualify as fraud? I mean, people are essentially making a 'contract' when voting for a president.

Jesus Christ,

They are applying for foreign worker Visa's in Mar Lago right now? And claiming it's because no one in the US wants the jobs.

FFS.

Watching you experience this and work through the story like I did is giving me life. The whole thing is jsut insane.

Also, there is an add in the Ukraine comments. Like, an easy, easy ad. You run a clip of what he said with pictures of the Russian invasion. It's so easy.

Piecake

Is there no law against lying in politics? It couldn't qualify as fraud? I mean, people are essentially making a 'contract' when voting for a president.

All our politicians would be in jail or fined then. Its the media's job and the individual to call out the BS.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
JESUS CHRIST.

He's attacking Generals for doing a bad job and being bad Generals?

How is this clown not polling under 20%.

He has an (R) next to his name. That's it.

I know there are all kinds of people on both sides of the aisle, but I truly believe that if there were a democrat who showed this repeated pattern of stupid comments, lack of intelligence, and pure unpreparedness, a much higher percentage of democrats would refuse to vote for them than we're seeing on the republican side.

aliengmr

ArdWzxZ.png

Other than this being an appeal to popularity fallacy, doesn't the Nielsen ratings only track cable subscribers? The Democratic base skews significantly younger, holding the vast majority of millennial support, and only a minority of that group watches or subscribes to cable TV.
I'd argue that the DNC numbers were actually significantly higher than the RNC during the speeches, with those numbers widening even more during the other nights of the conventions the DNC already lead in viewership.

I chalk this up to voters actually wanting to hear what he is going to say. Nobody is really in the dark about Hillary, she's a normal candidate and said pretty much what you'd expect her to say.

Trump probably had higher numbers due to the "car-wreck" aspect of things and the legit crowd that wanted to hear a solid plan.

I would be really surprised (even slightly concerned) if his speech didn't have more viewers.

StoOgE

Watching you experience this and work through the story like I did is giving me life. The whole thing is jsut insane.

Also, there is an add in the Ukraine comments. Like, an easy, easy ad. You run a clip of what he said with pictures of the Russian invasion. It's so easy.

That weird "what's a relationship" "I Don't think I've ever met him" exchange was the weirdest thing to watch.

There are a shitload of attack ads from this. Including making fun of the generals for being lesser generals than Ike and Patton because they suck against ISIS.

I know there are all kinds of people on both sides of the aisle, but I truly believe that if there were a democrat who showed this repeated pattern of stupid comments, lack of intelligence, and pure unpreparedness, a much higher percentage of democrats would refuse to vote for them than we're seeing on the republican side.
Yeah, dems would probably just refuse to turnout. Especially with Trump's lack of a GOTV campaign.

Bowdz

I love how Kaine dragged Trump for thinking he was the governor of NJ.

Lol, yep. It's mindblowing that this has been lost in this torrent of verbal sewage being spewed forth by Trump. The dude literally thought Kaine was the governor of New Jersey (from 26 years ago!) and proceeded to point out the policies of Keane that he hated. WTF?!?!?

That weird "what's a relationship" "I Don't think I've ever met him" exchange was the weirdest thing to watch.

There are a shitload of attack ads from this. Including making fun of the generals for being lesser generals than Ike and Patton because they suck against ISIS.

Yes. There are a million ads in this shit today. This is on top of all the other terrible stuff we had. Hillary's campaign is smart as hell letting this eat up oxygen, though. She gets to ride her bump and let Trump light his own dick on fire.

Then, once it settles down, OOPS HERE'S AN AD! She gets to field test this stuff in the media and see what plays well.

I think, at the end of the day, the Russian angle is what is going to play the best.

pigeon

Banned

Moreover, if Trump were running as a Democrat and Pelosi were endorsing her I would be on the phone with her office every day and telling everybody I know in the city to vote against her.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ,

He is lying about his debt load, and how he financed Trump SoHo.

He can't help but lie. He opens his mouth and he just lies.
He has yuuge debt loads, the biggest. They are so liquid, believe me, water is jealous.

Piecake

One of the key personality traits that distinguish conservatives from liberals is in-group loyalty, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Republicans vote for an R. People who repeat that Bernie or anyone would be crushing an R do not live in 2016 America. It's not th 80s.

Crisco

Banned
Honestly, the seeds of this were planted in 2004, when an incompetent failure of a President managed to eek out a victory by race baiting and fear mongering voters to the polls on election night. This is allowed the Dems to pin a disastrous foreign policy and an economic crisis on the GOP, making them toxic to general election voters in 2008. Now, after 8 years of zero policy achievements due to the single minded goal of making the first black President a failure, they really had nothing left to offer their non-bigoted voters. A man like Trump hijacking the party by using the same tactics that allowed Bush to win a second term was inevitable.

If Donald Trump was running as a Democrat, I would be voting and working my ass off for any Republican on the ballot. Period. Full stop. Any Democrat who endorsed him, would be hearing from me, and I'd be fighting to primary every one of them. While I do love my party, I love the country a hell of a lot more.

Wilsongt

Republicans vote for an R. People who repeat that Bernie or anyone would be crushing an R do not live in 2016 America. It's not th 80s.

HA Goodman certainly believes the only two people in America who can beat Trump are Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders.

I'll never understand the hate boner for Hillary by millenials or their adoration for a talking perssimon.

hawk2025

If Donald Trump was running as a Democrat, I would be voting and working my ass off for any Republican on the ballot. Period. Full stop. Any Democrat who endorsed him, would be hearing from me, and I'd be fighting to primary every one of them. While I do love my party, I love the country a hell of a lot more.

Yeah, an acquaintance dropped the Trump (D)-Romney (R) scenario as if it was Sophie's Choice the other day.

lol, of course I'd support Romney in that case.

diaspora

I don't know what's more incredible, Trump's pathological lying or the fact that the GOP leadership have essentially handed over their balls/spine to Clinton and the Dems.

Yeah, an acquaintance dropped the Trump (D)-Romney (R) scenario as if it was Sophie's Choice the other day.

lol, of course I'd support Romney in that case.

Seriously, I don't even like Romney but I'd choose him over Trump every single time.

If Donald Drumpf was running as a Democrat, I would be voting and working my ass off for any Republican on the ballot. Period. Full stop. Any Democrat who endorsed him, would be hearing from me, and I'd be fighting to primary every one of them. While I do love my party, I love the country a hell of a lot more.

Given a choice between McCain or even George W. Bush and Trump I would choose the McCain/Bush without thinking twice.

Seriously, I don't even like Romney but I'd choose him over Drumpf every single time.

Even Romney!

HA Goodman certainly believes the only two people in America who can beat Trump are Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders.

I'll never understand the hate boner for Hillary by millenials or their adoration for a talking perssimon.
The first time they were exposed the Hillary was 06-08. So they lob criticisms about policy debates they were never a part of.

For example Iraq and crime. If they were there a lot more of them would have taken the same side she dif but they werent so they get to pretend their more enlightened rather than just missing the debate.

You notice the vast majority do not do the same for Obama because they recognize his constraints and reality they saw. Clinton is a cure caricature of the 90s

Boke1879

The first time they were exposed the Hillary was 06-08. Do they lob criticisms about policy debates they were never a part of.

For example Iraq and crime. If they were there a lot more of them would have taken the same side she dif but they werent so they get to pretend their more enlightened rather than just missing the debate.

I do think a lot of it for millennials is seeing memes and comparison graphics on facebook/twitter that seem to depict Clinton as the literal antichrist

Teggy

Hillary got 4 pinnochios for her email answer. Lucky for her, no one will notice right now, but she needs to get her answer down

I think Id choose Bush, W, Reagan over Trump tbh

Trumps temper is liable to start some serious shit worse than Iraq. The progressive movement can weather those presidents as it did before but at least America would still exist

royalan

Jesus Christ,

FFS.

LOL

He made that argument during one of the early debates, and there were actually people in the thread defending it.

hawk2025

The worst part is that if you do it right it's SO FREAKING HARD to apply for a Visa and prove that there's no one that can fill your position.

I couldn't even get an H1-B with three graduate degrees, and the alternative process now involves:

- Proving I have said multiple graduate degrees
- Showing statistical knowledge at a graduate level for *multiple* software packages
- Showing 2 years of work and research experience
- Showing attendance of conferences, publication of papers, etc
- The company has to put up multiple month-long ads to the public looking for alternatives with similar qualifications: The visa is only granted if no one qualified interviews

And all of this takes anywhere between 6 and 18 months... just to get the ball rolling. At least another year for the actual green card.

And that fucker is taking precious slots for Mar Lago employees when I bet he's gaming the system by not doing it the right way and is thus probably taking up slots in front of me :/

Have I complained about how hard it is to immigrate legally to the US yet? Because it's really fucking hard.

The first time they were exposed the Hillary was 06-08. So they lob criticisms about policy debates they were never a part of.

You notice the vast majority do not do the same for Obama because they recognize his constraints and reality they saw. Clinton is a cure caricature of the 90s

Iraq's not really a good example as the left was going crazy at the Iraq Resolution even in 2002-2003 and it was a large part of what would fuel Dean supporters. No hindsight required there, it's actually more revisionist to say that everyone accepted it at the time.

Last night, I wrote myself a Mac menubar app that scrapes the NYT's election page and sends me an iOS notification twice a day with the current polling forecasting by NYT, 538, PW, PEC, as well as the margin between Clinton and Trump via Huffington Pollster. So, that was a fun way to spend Saturday night. At least I don't have to consciously visit them anymore.

Nerokis

Hillary got 4 pinnochios for her email answer. Lucky for her, no one will notice right now, but she needs to get her answer down

It was a bizarre answer, and I'm not sure why she's still saying that. It's the kind of thing that drives people to scream "what a liar!" at their televisions, and confirms people's worst suspicions about her.

I'd prefer she go with something like this: "I maneuvered through the entire email saga clumsily, and it's certainly a low point in my time as a public servant. When I said that no classified emails were sent, that reflected the fact that we made a conscious effort to avoid doing so; the FBI investigation confirmed, however, that out of the thousands and thousands of emails that were sent and received, a tiny percentage did indeed turn out to include information marked classified. Even that, though, is a failure, and I should have been more careful with my words."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom