• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

So I'm watching Bloomberg Day Break Asia and they had Simon Peres talking about how Trump's NATO remarks were not well advised and that the US became a super power by making friends not withdrawing.

So I guess we might finally get a Trump v. Israel fight? That's about the only third rail he hasn't touched yet, right?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Taylor Wofford ‏@taylorjwofford 1h1 hour ago
@JebBush what are you doing tonight

Taylor Wofford ‏@taylorjwofford 1h1 hour ago
@JebBush want to get tacos

lol
This is amazing. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Lol

Edit I wonder if these tacos are off the record?

HylianTom

Banned
why aren't we seeing the effect of this in the polls though?
bad method
or is hillary hemorrhaging voters faster than gaining?

Sometimes we don't know until after the election is over. I tend to think she isn't hemorrhaging voters, and more that modelers are being conservative.

HylianTom

Banned
This is amazing mental gynmastics.

@TeresaKopec
Trump supporter attacking Khans on CNN right now and claiming Trump lost two wives because he “sacrificed” by working a lot.
(It's Scottie Hughes, a talk radio host)

gcubed

I really think any polling that has no growth or god forbid a regression in minority voters is going to get a major wake up call. Living in the Philly area people are more motivated then when Obama was running. I've rarely had people just bring up politics in random spots like I have lately, and it's all been people afraid for themselves if Trump wins.

It's not going to be pretty

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Am I the only one who is amazed when people say, "I talked to my parents and all my friends and they're all voting for Trump!" Like wow you sorta know shitty people lol

Crayons

Banned
Am I the only one who is amazed when people say, "I talked to my parents and all my friends and they're all voting for Trump!" Like wow you sorta know shitty people lol

The only people I knew who were voting for Trump was my upper middle class white friend's parents and my mom's dick boss

If you're white and all of your friends are white men (fairly likely actually based on statistics) and don't select friendships based on whether or not your friends believe Muslims and black people are human beings (this happens a lot for some reason), this could happen.

pigeon

Banned

Well you're a New Yorker and I'm a Californian. We're the liberal elite. But that doesn't make you wrong, those people are racist jackwagons,.

I don't have a single person on my Facebook supporting Trump, but I still have three or four talking about Hillary rigging it and voting for Jill or writing in Bernie.

sangreal

I come from a family of Democrats and switched to Republican to vote for Mr. Trump! My 80 year old father who's been a life time Democrat is voting for Mr. Donald Trump!

Outlandish claims? The economy was tanking, we were losing hundreds of thousands of jobs a month, and the stock market was on what looked like a bottomless dump. Then Obama came into office, bailed out the auto industry and passed his stimulus package. The unemployment rate has been falling ever since, we've gained jobs literally every single month, and the stock market has been hitting all time highs. We are literally the only modern economy on the planet that has been growing the last 8 years. The only thing outlandish is that you're not a joke character with a satirical username.

The US is not the only modern economy on the planet that has been growing the last 8 years and arguably hasn't had the strongest recovery out of all impacted by the Great Recession. Why do you believe something with such confidence that is not true? Where did you hear or read this?

And it's bizarre to me not only because it's a clear intent to lie in terms of responsibility but since there was a bias throughout much of the recovery towards low pay and an issue with labor participation, then why would someone go out of their way to make this mostly false (rather than Politifact's half true) statement? Pres. Obama's stimulus package (too small + bad design), Republican obstruction, and actions taken by states/local govt's were not a big driver in nearly 15 million private sector jobs being created from trough until now. I mean please....it reflects very poorly on Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton IMO.

Why do you call him Mr. Trump. Are you a writer for the New York Times?

If so you're inconsistent, you said Romney, Ryan, Hillary, and Mr. Trump. Pick one form of address pls

I call him Mr. Trump occasionally because terms like Donald Trump, Trump, and Mr. Trump are often used interchangeably on TV and it sticks.

Diablos

Honestly, the seeds of this were planted in 2004, when an incompetent failure of a President managed to eek out a victory by race baiting and fear mongering voters to the polls on election night. This is allowed the Dems to pin a disastrous foreign policy and an economic crisis on the GOP, making them toxic to general election voters in 2008. Now, after 8 years of zero policy achievements due to the single minded goal of making the first black President a failure, they really had nothing left to offer their non-bigoted voters. A man like Trump hijacking the party by using the same tactics that allowed Bush to win a second term was inevitable.
Yeah... yeah.

In a lot of ways 2004 was worse than 2000.

Coward and loser Paul Ryan says that a Muslim ban is bad, but not as bad as something truly horrific like raising the capital gains tax.

CouDdCrXYAEK0ou.jpg

GutsOfThor

Sad to say I see on facebook lots of Hispanics here in New Mexico are voting for him. Self-hatred is the only thing I can think of.

Today,I saw a trump bumper sticker for the first time all year. It was a veterans for trump sticker. When I passed the guy I looked at him and just shook my head.

It's amazing because nearly every conservative I know has said they won't vote for Trump.

I only know of 2 people that are voting for Trump. And, surprise surprise, they both listen to and idolize talk radio.

That's literally the only people who like Trump. Everyone else is either pro-Hillary or pro-neither.

Oddly enough I am meeting with one of these Trump supporters for coffee on Tuesday. I decided to ask him about Trump's latest fuckup and his only response is "what do you expect Trump is non-pc".

My immediate response was to let him know he has until Tuesday to face reality or our coffee would include a conversation that would make him "wish for political correctness. Because political correctness can go in all directions."

I live in VA, but am originally from CA (where my family still lives). My in-laws are local and will be voting like this:

Mother in-law: Voting for Trump even though she hates him and swore she never would during the primaries. She always votes Republican and even though she likes Tim Kaine, she HATES Hillary.

Father in-law: He's a true independent. When Trump first started running, he liked the "outsider/businessman" message, but he soon realized Trump is batshit insane. He was going to hold his nose and vote for Hillary because he doesn't like her very much, but he LOVES Tim Kaine, so that sealed the deal.

User1608

Banned
I know a few people who support Trump. I don't consider them friends anymore, only acquaintances at most.

Everybody else is indifferent or supporting Hillary.

The ones who are indifferent can suck on a lemon.

Duterte trying to get rid of "Chinese drug lords" is going to lead to executions of random Chinese citizens in the Philippines.

This is going to lead to Duterte being brutally murdered.

i live near the OSU campus in columbus and am originally from cleveland (and i just saw queen and future vice president dad at fort hayes!)

i've basically culled all potential/actual trump supporters from my social networks so i don't even have to worry about interacting with them, not that there were that many given the political makeup of both of those places

unfortunately, the tradeoff is that i have too many people who are either apathetic or BoBs who also refuse to change their minds about anything

itschris

I live in VA, but am originally from CA (where my family still lives). My in-laws are local and will be voting like this:

Mother in-law: Voting for Trump even though she hates him and swore she never would during the primaries. She always votes Republican and even though she likes Tim Kaine, she HATES Hillary.

Father in-law: He's a true independent. When Trump first started running, he liked the "outsider/businessman" message, but he soon realized Trump is batshit insane. He was going to hold his nose and vote for Hillary because he doesn't like her very much, but he LOVES Tim Kaine, so that sealed the deal.

Well, at least their votes will cancel each other out.

amazed? you shouldn't be. it's almost always a symptom of this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/25/three-quarters-of-whites-dont-have-any-non-white-friends/

There's a friend of mine who panics constantly that the polls are wrong because "I don't understand how much people really hate hillary."

It hasn't occurred to her that the neighborhood she lives in is not the best barometer of how the country at large feels about the democratic candidate.

I wish Hillary could come out and say, "you know what? Yeah I lied, you know who else lies? Obama lies, Bernie lies, Ronald Reagan lied, but at least I don't lie 100 times a day and talk about getting cozy with Putin, so how about you get off my goddamn back Chris Wallace."

Now obviously she can't say it because the right wing would cut it up and air it every day until election day, but still.

Tim Kaine is something of a superstar in Virginia. He appeals to people from every political affiliation and everyone loves him. I learned this from listening to NPR. Here's the story
DAVIS: Kaine has never lost an election, and in every one of those elections, he's been able to win black voters without alienating whites and vice versa. That's hard to do in Southern politics where the racial divide is often widest on Election Day. In his runs for governor and Senate, Kaine performed well for a Democrat in traditional Republican strongholds. He's won with the vote of Virginians like Bob Mooney. He's a Richmond-based entrepreneur. If Clinton tops Kaine as her running mate, it would win his vote.

BOB MOONEY: That's the only way I would cast that vote.
I'm happy that Virginia is a rock solid Blue this year. Just afraid of cornfarmers in Midwest doing something really really idiotic this november.

Out of all of the Republicans I know only two have admitted to me that they are voting Trump. One because Hillary will take his precious guns away from him and the other because he is a racist, like eugenics bad. The rest that do it for a tax break are writing their own names in, same with a few Busters I know. I haven't dared asked my cousin who is also a single issue voter, will this candidate let me keep my guns.

mo60

Tim Kaine is something of a superstar in Virginia. He appeals to people from every political affiliation and everyone loves him. I learned this from listening to NPR. Here's the story

I'm happy that Virginia is a rock solid Blue this year. Just afraid of cornfarmers in Midwest doing something really really idiotic this november.

He's not going to get any of the midwest states the dems won in 12.Don't worry about it.

gcubed

Out of all of the Republicans I know only two have admitted to me that they are voting Trump. One because Hillary will take his precious guns away from him and the other because he is a racist, like eugenics bad. The rest that do it for a tax break are writing their own names in, same with a few Busters I know. I haven't dared asked my cousin who is also a single issue voter, will this candidate let me keep my guns.

Sounds like my family, but im not sure. I told them that i think anyone voting for Trump is a coward and lacks a moral compass and left it at that. If they are voting for him they won't tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom