• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Gotta say this is pretty boring but maybe I missed the good stuff.
There was nothing good outside of a grieving mother saying Hillary should be in prison.

So tonight was Make America safe again, what major policy positions were talked about? Seal the border ( but no wall, that's done), no sanctuary cities. That it? Win wars?

If you are Ernst, you gotta be pissed. That place is fucking empty

Well for a "rising star" they put her at 11 EST, 10 CST where the vast majority of Americans..well in this case Republicans... would not be watching anymore and thinking about going to sleep.

And the hall has more media than GOPers so...

Yes she is going to be pissed. No one will remember or care about this speech.

I really wonder if Ernst's story about the Soviet Union is true, being she said it was in College yet it fell right around the 21st birthday. That would be her Freshman/Sophomore year, which could be accurate but cutting pretty close to be truthful.

EDIT: Seems she went in 1989, when she was 19 according to her. Still very convenient story that leads into her joining the Army reserves to show her patriotism. Basically saw the last days of the Soviet Union if true. Especially since the previous year only 50 students total were allowed, did not stay with families due to the previous agreement, and a new agreement was just signed at the end of 1988. I think she is exaggerating her contact with the families (if the exchange is true) based off what I read was allowed by the Soviets.

Why is everyone saying that Melania's speech was good?

This was supposed to be the speech to humanize Trump and it was all just campaign slogans said in the same tone and volume the entire fucking time.

I've literally seen robots give a more humanizing speech.

This was supposed to be the speech to humanize Trump and it was all just campaign slogans said in the same tone and volume the entire fucking time.

She's not a public speaker and she has a thick accent, all she had to do was get through the speech for it to be a success

sphagnum

Banned
Literally the only thing of note was a grieving benghazi mom saying Hilary personally killed her son.

Just looked it up and it's the mother of Sean Smith. It's always so bizarre remembering that he died in the attack, because I spoke with him a number of times. He was vilerat, a mod on SomethingAwful's Debate and Discussion board. We used to make fun of him all the time for his terrible dragon tattoo (the "viletat").

Honestly he would probably have been ashamed of anyone in his family supporting Trump.

Just looked it up and it's the mother of Sean Smith. It's always so bizarre remembering that he died in the attack, because I spoke with him a number of times. He was vilerat, a mod on SomethingAwful's Debate and Discussion board. We used to make fun of him all the time for his terrible dragon tattoo (the "viletat").

Honestly he would probably have been ashamed of anyone in his family supporting Trump.

Oh god that was vilerat's mom?? Yeah, spinning in his grave.

Wilsongt

So basically today can be summed up at as:

All lives matter, except blacks.
Cop lives matters, but not blacks.
We're a bunch of scared white people
Hillary belongs in shackles
Obama and Hillary causes racism
Sub-humans... Excuse me, sub-groups never contributed anything to the advancement of society
I fuck Trump, and that's the only reason why I am here.

That about covers it?

Slayven

So basically today can be summed up at as:

All lives matter, except blacks.
Cop lives matters, but not blacks.
We're a bunch of scared white people
Hillary belongs in shackles
Obama and Hillary causes racism
Sub-humans... Excuse me, sub-groups never contributed anything to the advancement of society
I fuck Trump, and that's the only reason why I am here.

That about covers it?

why did they need a convention? That is everyday

Owzers

She's not a public speaker and she has a thick accent, all she had to do was get through the speech for it to be a success
She sounded like she worked for Trump, not that she was married to him. Maybe they didn't want her to make Trump look weak with the championship match coming up.

sphagnum

Banned
Oh god that was vilerat's mom?? Yeah, spinning in his grave.

RIP Vilerat.

gAaEZ1t.png

Yo, what happened to NYCmetsfan's interview call?
Lol never happened

I called at 5 was told she'd call back but never got a call back.

The other associate at the firm was corresponding with me and said well set up a time tomorrow

Clients stuff probably.

She still seemed positive

The interview was literally with the principal.

Effect

Lol never happened

The other associate at the firm was corresponding with me and said well set up a time tomorrow

Clients stuff probably.

That's good to know. Good luck!

Sianos

I mean, their point of reference is the other Republican speakers tonight.

Everyone can look good by comparison if you set the bar low enough.

Paskil

Just a reminder why some didn't attend the RNC. http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...pping-convention-20160718-snap-htmlstory.html

Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.) – A spokesman told The Hill that Sasse would “watch some dumpster fires” with his kids instead.

Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.) – “I’ve got to mow my lawn.”

Lol never happened

Clients stuff probably.

The interview was literally with the principal.

Good luck, breh. Make sure you're ready to answer your phone at any time. I didn't make the second round of interviews at my current job because of how badly I bombed my first interview, but after second interviews, the rest of the team pushed the supervisor so hard, she called me up at 8:30PM to schedule a second interview (I was heavily involved in project work for over a year with two people on her team). This is state government work so it was pretty unusual to get a call that late following a period where I essentially wrote off the job.

Your prospects sound much better. :)

Holmes

Hillary announcing her VP pick in Florida on Friday and campaigning in the state over the weekend... and Warren is speaking to a La Raza conference on Saturday in Orlando... hmm...

royalan

Finally watched the speech from the Benghazi mother. That was a hard 6 minutes.

She is still in very real pain. But what I find truly reprehensible is that rather than get this woman some help, give her the truth free of false debate and let her come to terms with her loss, Republicans would rather keep her suspended in a constant state of grief, just to keep her as a tool to attack Democrats.

But why even bother caring? Republicans are just going to keep doing it, the media will keep publicizing it, and the Democrats will maintain a mask of indifference, smugly secure in the knowledge that because they didn't do any wrong that they don't have to show any heart here.

God the world sucks sometimes.

Tomorrow seems like a snooze-fest with a bunch of has-beens...just low-energy.

LOL, the ending benediction is for a guy from American Muslims for Trump! I fully expect him to get booed

That's good to know. Good luck!
Idk how good it was cause I'm still nervous. but if it was bad news I'd figure shed have told the associate to just tell me the news.

Rather than setting up a call tomorrow

And this is the principle of one of the top firms in NY

Owzers

Finally watched the speech from the Benghazi mother. That was a hard 6 minutes.

She is still in very real pain. But what I find truly reprehensible is that rather than get this woman some help, give her the truth free of false debate and let her come to terms with her loss, Republicans would rather keep her suspended in a constant state of grief, just to keep her as a tool to attack Democrats.

But why even bother caring? Republicans are just going to keep doing it, the media will keep publicizing it, and the Democrats will maintain a mask of indifference, smugly secure in the knowledge that because they didn't do any wrong that they don't have to show any heart here.

God the world sucks sometimes.
They are always one investigation away from giving her answers.

Fair enough. I guess I just figured that after practicing her speech a bunch she would figure out basic things like what words/sentences to emphasize and what things she might want to change to help humanize her husband instead of feeding the narrative that Trump only wanted her in his life to make him look good to the media.

Brit Hume insinuating that Megyn Kelly knows what it's like to be breath-takingly beautiful and not be taken seriously...yes she does. She is stunning, bright, intelligent - QUEEN.

People don't take Megyn Kelly seriously because she squanders how intelligent and talented she really is. Every once in I while that bleeds through and I greatly respect her, but towing the Republican line is what hurts her. As a great example she was against paid family leave--until she became a mother and Fox expected her to take the "standard" 2 weeks off before coming back to work. Since then she has been a vocal critic, and made a lot of rather impassioned arguments about it. When she wants to make a point on an issue that she really cares about, Megyn Kelly is amazingly good at it.

The party as well as Fox News probably doesn't take her seriously because she is an attractive woman, and they have blinders on to avoid the fact that she is very intelligent. It probably doesn't help that the nominee is someone who has been hyper-critical and downright insulting towards her. I'm amazed Kelly hasn't walked at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom