• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally watched the speech from the Benghazi mother. That was a hard 6 minutes.

She is still in very real pain. But what I find truly reprehensible is that rather than get this woman some help, give her the truth free of false debate and let her come to terms with her loss, Republicans would rather keep her suspended in a constant state of grief, just to keep her as a tool to attack Democrats.

But why even bother caring? Republicans are just going to keep doing it, the media will keep publicizing it, and the Democrats will maintain a mask of indifference, smugly secure in the knowledge that because they didn't do any wrong that they don't have to show any heart here.

God the world sucks sometimes.

I feel bad for her since she is clearly still grieving, but I kinda wish someone from SomethingAwful sat her down, made her read the kinds of things Vilerat would express on the forums, and explain to her that her son would be ashamed to know that her mother is using his death to help the party he despised.

I get that this woman is still grieving, but I feel like if someone could do that it has the chance to make her suddenly pissed at being a pawn for the GOP.

People don't take Megyn Kelly seriously because she squanders how intelligent and talented she really is. Every once in I while that bleeds through and I greatly respect her, but towing the Republican line is what hurts her. As a great example she was against paid family leave--until she became a mother and Fox expected her to take the "standard" 2 weeks off before coming back to work. Since then she has been a vocal critic, and made a lot of rather impassioned arguments about it. When she wants to make a point on an issue that she really cares about, Megyn Kelly is amazingly good at it.

The party as well as Fox News probably doesn't take her seriously because she is an attractive woman, and they have blinders on to avoid the fact that she is very intelligent. It probably doesn't help that the nominee is someone who has been hyper-critical and downright insulting towards her. I'm amazed Kelly hasn't walked at this point.

She's the poster child for "Fuck you, got mine." She only ever champions her personal issues. Zero empathy.

john-wall-bench.jpg

Slayven

As much as we yuck yuck and party on the shit show, at the end of the day this is literally half the country. As a minority this shit is heart breaking and terrorizing.

As much as we yuck yuck and party on the shit show, at the end of the day this is literally half the country. As a minority this shit is heart breaking and terrorizing.

Yep, I don't find it funny because it's not like everyone is pointing an laughing, around 50% of the US is nodding and agreeing.

t's a lot less funny when the crazy shit can actually, if things went wrong, become the law of the land.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
the rise and fall of Chris Christie has been so insane to watch

There ever being a "rise" is debatable, lol.

His utter failure in compromising any morals he may have had to be an early Trump supporter and such actions failing miserably is a great sight to see though.

There ever being a "rise" is debatable, lol.

His utter failure in compromising any morals he may have had to be an early Trump supporter and such actions failing miserably is a great sight to see though.

Wasn't the most "rise" he had that 1 line from the 3rd or 4th debate where he shit on Rubio?

Why ... why would you do such things.

I just don't understand. Re-write it while keeping the same themes, that's fine. But an almost word-for-word copy-paste? ON A PRIMETIME CONVENTION SPEECH?!?!

There are no words. Just none. Incredibly stupid.

Their speechwriter went through EXTREME VETTING.

shem935

Banned
You think they defend plagiarism?

Edit: Literally the only speech of the night where people were like "Oh that wasn't completely terrible, she did well".

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wasn't the most "rise" he had that 1 line from the 3rd or 4th debate where he shit on Rubio?

Their speechwriter went through EXTREME VETTING.

Pretty much, he got some notoriety for being among the first to support Trump, but that was basically it.

Extreme Vetting you say?
This is more and more like a shitty E3 conference as I read more and more, with as much "extreme" corptratistism!

Pretty much, he got some notoriety for being among the first to support Trump, but that was basically it.

Extreme Vetting you say?

He was one of the first to endorse Trump--like week after he had spent an entire debate targeting him. It was jarring and unnatural, which also describes the press conference they had where Christie endorsed him. He looked like he was being held captive by ISIS and reading their demands into a camera.

The Extreme Vetting© is courtesy of Trump himself.

Sianos

it's not just plagiarizing

it's not just one of the sloppiest examples of plagiarism i've ever seen

it's sloppily plagiarizing your sworn enemy who you claim to stand in opposition to in a speech about how you are more fit to be first lady

than the person who's speech you just copied almost word for word

Holmes

I'm disgusted. I respect Michelle Obama too much to feel indifference at someone like Melania Trump plagiarizing her words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom