• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

In an interview with Matt Lauer, Melania said she wrote the speech herself "with as little help as possible" (video, jump to 1:10):

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/exclusive-the-trumps-speak-with-matt-lauer-727480899958

I can see Melania Googling "what's a good convention speech for a first lady"

22 out of 26 words.

She claims she wrote it herself. She's a liar or a thief. Pick.

She did the Google

Doesn't that count for something??

Teggy

You think they defend plagiarism?

Edit: Literally the only speech of the night where people were like "Oh that wasn't completely terrible, she did well".

They'll say it was a mistake. It was placeholder words that they meant to change but forgot. (Whose excuse was that, I can't remember).

Note-- Melania said she wrote it herself and that it took 5-6 weeks.
Edit: Meh sorry, missed it a bit above. I'm an idiot.

So is she lying about writing it? Or is whoever she paid to write it the plagiarizer? It's juicy either way.

All this maelstrom over plagiarism and Trump's ghostwriter reminded me that Obama probably did not write Dreams of My Father. Why do politicians have to be such frauds?

Teggy

22 out of 26 words.

She claims she wrote it herself. She's a liar or a thief. Pick.

Wait, she said she wrote it herself? Well this just got a lot worse. She's basically a female Trump. I bet they start tearing it apart now because you know there's liable to be sections from other speeches in there.

ampere

As much as we yuck yuck and party on the shit show, at the end of the day this is literally half the country. As a minority this shit is heart breaking and terrorizing.

It's pretty gross. I really really hope Trump doesn't have a floor

Uneducated white people falling for his bullshit? Sad and awful, but I get it.

College educated whites falling for it? Fuck them. Fuck them, that's bullshit. They know damn well what they are voting for.

HylianTom

Banned
I'd expect Hillary's team to have something on this tomorrow. Obama is likely to bring it up on the trail at some point, too.

This is one of those situations where I'd want Team Clinton to tread carefully on the issue, rather than having them actively going after the opponent's spouse. It's very probable that the media is going to run with it without Clinton's help.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is one of those situations where I'd want Team Clinton to tread carefully on the issue, rather than having them actively going after the opponent's spouse. It's very probable that the media is going to run with it without Clinton's help.

Probable? Given that was the only bright point in an epic shitshow of a first day there's no way everyone doesn't run with this.

Yes. I agree. Let the media run with this.

And my god are they giving her the benefit of the doubt a country mile wide.

ampere

If anything have surrogates rip on it, but not the campaign.

But it does look like the media is already hooked on it. I mean even dumb white Trump voters might think plagiarism is an uh-oh!

They can't run with it. Clinton's people have to stand back and let the media do the work for them. If a single ad comes out referencing this or a single speech is given, the Trump campaign can just turn around and play victim, and the story dies. This is just the latest in the Trump Mountain o' Lies, and certainly won't be the last.

Calling this out might be the first thing that the entire CNN Clusterfuck Panel has unanimously agreed upon, ever. None of them are trying to excuse anything.

Jeffery Freaking Lord agrees with Van Freaking Jones on a thing. That's how brutal this is.

Good point, Tom. With the networks on it, they likely don't have to react.

If anything have surrogates rip on it, but not the campaign.

But it does look like the media is already hooked on it. I mean even dumb white Trump voters might think plagiarism is an uh-oh!

I wouldn't even have surrogates touch this, this will burn like crazy all on it's own

HylianTom

Banned
Sad thing: I think so lowly of the media that if they were to let this die down after an initial day or two, I wouldn't be shocked.

I hoped otherwise. I think it'll be a thing. But at the same time, I don't trust the media one bit. Trump seems to operate under a different set of rules; I can't count the number of times where I've wondered how the media would've handled a situation differently had we been talking about Clinton instead.

It's pretty gross. I really really hope Trump doesn't have a floor

Uneducated white people falling for his bullshit? Sad and awful, but I get it.

College educated whites falling for it? Fuck them. Fuck them, that's bullshit. They know damn well what they are voting for.
At my university I saw someone with a laptop covered in Trump 2016 stickers. Barely any surface of the laptop was visible. Even some California college students support this man
child

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sad thing: I think so lowly of the media that if they were to let this die down after an initial day or two, I wouldn't be shocked.

I hoped otherwise. I think it'll be a thing. But at the same time, I don't trust the media one bit. Trump seems to operate under a different set of rules; I can't count the number of times where I've wondered how the media would've handled a situation differently had we been talking about Clinton instead.

Don't forget that Trump can't let ANYTHING go.

Slayven

I wouldn't be shocked, but at the same time this is juicy

Teggy

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Trump himself put that in. It's the kind of lazy-ass thing he would do, thinking he was so clever.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
If they drop it they drop it. Her campaign shouldn't touch it, there will be many more unforced errors and mistakes that they can and should focus on. Her campaign or surrogates getting sidetracked on this would be a mistake.

Where did they find Micheal Steele?
In his bunk watching the twitch stream paused on Reince sweating profusely.

thefro

The only thing that would be better is if one of the Trump Koopalings is the one who stole the speech.

Robert Costa says Trump Campaign in meltdown mode blaming the media on MSNBC.

Please god, if there's any justice in this universe please let there not be a shooting or some other act of violence. One because we are tired of grieving for innocent lives and two because Trump has been given too many timely news changing events in this nightmare campaign for Trump to get away with his bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom