• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Costa mentioned that Trump has been focused on his wife's speech for days, was greatly looking forward to it and was also concerned with how the media would react to it. Needless to say he must be furious right now. Will be interesting to see what happens next, whether Manafort can control Trump, what does the campaign decide to say, etc. Do they trot out Melania to apologize? Do they blame it on a staffer?

What if they blame Manafort and oust him?

I read in the other thread that Costa is tweeting about Trump being furious with the press. So there's no way this ends well for him.

Jon Favreau ‏@jonfavs 1m1 minute ago
Sarah Hurwitz, Michelle's head speechwriter, used to be Hillary's. So the Trump campaign plagiarized from a Hillary speechwriter.

Hillary should get her back, she's better than who she has now.

oh, so one of the Trump's surrogates is saying that it's a speech writers fault, even though she said she wrote a lot of it herself.

Caught in a lie and you can't get out, what can you do but just let out a shout!

Tamanon

Banned
I'm going to be dead tomorrow but I can't stop.

XbGeAeB.gif

Some good has come from this nonsense today.

*ring...ring...ring*

"Hello?"

"Hello! This is...Cillary Hliton! Is this Melania Trump?"

"Why, yes. Yes it is!"

"Oh! My dear beautiful child! A disguised int--I mean, a little birdie, has told me that you're having problems writing your speech!"

"Unfortunately so. Finding good things to say at length about my husband is so difficult. What do I do..."

"My poor, sweet child. I can help you. Give me your fax number..."

MgKkgjA.jpg
Oooooh shit, lol. First Kim and TSwift and now this speech. I cannot handle the last few days.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
CNN is a dumpster fire right now

If you replace and add bits of an existing Dumpster Fire to your News Station, at what point do you cease being a News Station and instead become a Dumpster Fire?

pigeon

Banned
I agree that Melania shouldn't be let off of this but at the same time cmon, of course she didn't write the speech and of course she was told to lie about it.

The scandal here really should be Melania's actions as a reflection of Trump. The reason nobody would have let off Hillary or Michelle is that people respect them, and the reason for that is that their marriages reflected the mutual character of the couples. So too does this speech and the lies around it reflect the person Donald Trump is and how he chooses weak people and makes them weaker.

However that would not fit in a soundbite so I guess let's go with the public humiliation and mockery thing.

Emarv

Robert Costa reporting people in the campaign are blaming Manafort for "approving the speeches".

Theory #792: Manafort gonna be fired shortly after the convention and Corey Lewandowski will be back!

OMG I come home from basketball where I played like shit to find out melania plagiarized her speech from Michelle Obama 4 years ago???

Ahahahahahha

Ahahgahahahha

Ahahahahahaha

I agree that Melania shouldn't be let off of this but at the same time cmon, of course she didn't write the speech and of course she was told to lie about it.

The scandal here really should be Melania's actions as a reflection of Trump. The reason nobody would have let off Hillary or Michelle is that people respect them, and the reason for that is that their marriages reflected the mutual character of the couples. So too does this speech and the lies around it reflect the person Donald Trump is and how he chooses weak people and makes them weaker.

However that would not fit in a soundbite so I guess let's go with the public humiliation and mockery thing.

The scandal here should be that Paul Manafort is still somehow stealing money from Putin despite being this incompetent.

Costa mentioned that Trump has been focused on his wife's speech for days, was greatly looking forward to it and was also concerned with how the media would react to it. Needless to say he must be furious right now. Will be interesting to see what happens next, whether Manafort can control Trump, what does the campaign decide to say, etc. Do they trot out Melania to apologize? Do they blame it on a staffer?

Apologize???? no way in hell lmao

They will blame the librul media for focusing on 5 lines and making a mountain out of molehill. This is the party of double, triple, quadruple down. Show of strength is strength itself. Never back down. Art of the deal!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
OMG I come home from basketball where I played like shit to find out melania plagiarized her speech from Michelle Obama 4 years ago???

Ahahahahahha

Ahahgahahahha

Ahahahahahaha

Are there any more basketball games scheduled for the next few evenings that you can go to?

Robert Costa reporting people in the campaign are blaming Manafort for "approving the speeches".

Theory #792: Manafort gonna be fired shortly after the convention and Corey Lewandowski will be back!

the most hilarious part is that Trump is now stuck with Pence, he wouldn't have picked him if it weren't for Maniford

Yea honestly it's not Melania's fault. Her first big public spectacle and it's blown up in her face. There was no way for her to know it. Trump's obviously is going to roll a few heads, and that will keep the story in the news for at least a day.

But the damage is done. The convention will be remembered for being a shitfest interspersed with plagiarism. And it's only day 1!

Ahahahahahha

Ahahgahahahha

Ahahahahahaha

8 years ago. It was Michelle Obama's 2008 speech for the Convention. So literally her speech stole 2 paragraphs from the exact situation she would be directly compared against. It could not be any worse--unless maybe she had stolen from Hillary in like 92, if she even spoke then (apparently she didn't, but did speak at the 96 convention).

Effect

She's already on video saying she wrote it herself with as little help as possible. If that's true it's all on her. If it's not true she was lying her ass off to reporters and it's on video.

Kangi

I was expecting maximum foolishness.

But this has exceeded my expectations.

Godspeed, you beautiful election year, you.

Cross posting my silly question, but when Michelle Obama takes the stage at the DNC for her speech, will they have her walk out to Rick Ashley? Or will that be too petty?

Lots of liberals are mad that plagiarism is getting 1000x the attention of the fact tonight was basically a Klan rally, but Trump's campaign being a public joke probably matters more to undecided voters than the fact that Trump is a white supremacist.

I mean, it's pretty impossible to have watched TV in the last year and not know that Trump is a white nationalist. If you're still an undecided voter, you understand that Trump is a white nationalist already but you may not know that Trump is a joke yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom