• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad I didn't watch the stream and only browsed gaf for the play by play. So many good songs would have been ruined for me. Benghazi shit was disgusting and the plagiarism is hilarious, I hope Clinton and the other democrats stay out of it though. Let the media run with it, if they drop it then they drop it. Don't let Trump turn it to his advantage.

itschris

This is great; if not for this, tomorrow's news articles probably would have been about how nice her speech was, how well she did with her first time giving a big speech, etc.

HylianTom

Banned
Every time something like this happens, I imagine it being played-out in the Netflix miniseries. This is going to be great material.

Sianos

Even if the story does get dropped relatively soon, it's the perfect parry to the one redeeming moment of the convention today. That alone is very valuable.

It won't do long term damage, but it prevents Trump from making any of the headway he desperately needs.

pigeon

Banned
This really draws more attention to the part of the speech where Melania says that Trump will never ever give you up and he's never gonna let you down.

I didn't watch the entire convention obviously but based on what I saw it seemed like only one person mentioned anything personal about Donald Trump, the man. Giuliani noted how Trump (allegedly) donated money anonymously to the families of fallen cops, firefighters, etc. That's it. An full day of nothing but FUD and "Donald Trump is amazing at everything."

Teggy

Trump campaign is blaming the media.

Blaming the media for writing her speech?

So there is at least one additional plagiarized passage, someone found it on Twitter.

So first thing, she has to own up to plagiarism or own up to lying about writing the speech.

Clinton and surrogates shouldn't touch this at all, and the media has to be real careful not to beat up on her because the she becomes poor, poor Melania and Trump will get sympathy.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This really draws more attention to the part of the speech where Melania says that Trump will never ever give you up and he's never gonna let you down.
!!

Would be amazing if they had a ghost writer who trolled them but could never admit it because then it would make them liars lol

What if it was Kanye and Kim kept the receipts again?

Slacker

From twitter:

---------
(((Yair Rosenberg))) ‏@Yair_Rosenberg 7m7 minutes ago
This is going to get really awkward on Thursday when Trump starts talking about the lessons he learned growing up as a black kid in Chicago.
--------

Bowdz

"Donald Trump's heart is human and his blood is boiling, his brain is like an I.B.M. computer. So if you see him acting strangely, don't be surprised because he's just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide." - Melania Trump

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't as it relates to this narrative that Melania (as she said) wrote this speech with little help from others

Either:

A) She wrote the speech herself but is a hopeless plagiarizer- within virtually any environment, plagiarism is as intellectually dishonest as you can get

OR

B) She actually didn't write her speech and lied about writing it

These type of snafus are social media friendly and I expect will get a lot of traction.

Emarv

Hot take: This will make Trump even more paranoid of his own speech, causing him to go even more off-prompter, causing even more damage.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't as it relates to this narrative that Melania (as she said) wrote this speech with little help from others

Either:

A) She wrote the speech herself but is a hopeless plagiarizer- within virtually any environment, plagiarism is as intellectually dishonest as you can get

OR

B) She actually didn't write her speech and lied about writing it

These type of snafus are social media friendly and I expect will get a lot of traction.

They're both a shit sandwich, but with B it's a fuckin speech about her husband and humanizing him.....and she choose to use a speechwriter.

Effect

It's one thing but I"ll take it.This entire night has been insane. That they plagiarized the First Lady is crazy and after people were talking about how it was the only sane thing. We know why now. She's on tape saying she wrote it, offered up that information too. There is no way to spin this either. They stole from the woman they hate and vilify and got caught.

Hot take: This will make Trump even more paranoid of his own speech, causing him to go even more off-prompter, causing even more damage.

I did think about that. They're going to be paranoid now.

Twist: Melania has been the dishonest nitwit in charge of the Trump Corporation for decades and is truly running the campaign, which would make this par for the course on dishonesty.

General rule for the Trump campaign has been "the actual reason is always the most stupid thing you could think of," so this fits!

This is so much fun. I can't stop laughing, and I'm sober! Thought I could survive night one without drinking. I was wrong. I'll split out tonight's bottle of wine into 3 equal parts to add to the next 3 days.

Cns9GvjUkAAszxh.jpg

I'M DONE. GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY

Emarv

Theory 2: Trump comes out and says the speechwriter was a Hillary plant and plays into the "corrupt and rigged" narrative. Trump is the King of Conspiracies after all.

sphagnum

Banned
You know, it would be a really good thing for the nation if we ever got to the point where elections were normal and boring, but it's impossible not to enjoy how ridiculous American elections are as they stand.

thefro

Logically it's either:
- Sabotage
- Someone who's not a normal speechwriter trying to write/polish up a speech (Trump family members?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom