• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Vox now has the Rickroll story on their coverage stream.

Whoever it is who's reading this thread, PM me. I will take the job.

Sianos

Hot take: This will make Trump even more paranoid of his own speech, causing him to go even more off-prompter, causing even more damage.

It's the perfect masterstroke, I can't even believe it.
dac15_sad.gif

HylianTom

Banned
Hillary has a horseshoe, three rabbit's feet, a handful of four-leaf clovers, a maneki-neko cat, and a wishbone in each of her pantssuits.

So. Damn. Lucky.

Teggy

From 2012 but still funny.

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Very good speech by @MichelleObama--and under great pressure--Dems should be proud!
Sep 5, 2012, 11:09 AM

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Logically it's either:
- Sabotage
- Someone who's not a normal speechwriter trying to write/polish up a speech (Trump family members?)
I can't stand it I know you planned it
But I'm gonna set it straight, this Watergate
I can't stand rocking when I'm in here
Because your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear

Paskil

From twitter:

---------
(((Yair Rosenberg))) ‏@Yair_Rosenberg 7m7 minutes ago
This is going to get really awkward on Thursday when Trump starts talking about the lessons he learned growing up as a black kid in Chicago.
--------

I would die.

Jesus, when even Jeffrey Lord, a spineless, soulless, mewling shitbag that probably masturbates to Trump with a tightened noose around his neck agrees that something is bad for Trump, YA DUN GOOFED.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hillary has a horseshoe, three rabbit's feet, a handful of four-leaf clovers, a maneki-neko cat, and a wishbone in each of her pantssuits.

So. Damn. Lucky.

She's also got a house at the end of a rainbow and a magic genie with the soul of Robin Williams.

Trump on the other hand has a cursed monkey's paw that twists every wish made on it. He wanted to be the nominee and that's what the paw did.

royalan

Logically it's either:
- Sabotage
- Someone who's not a normal speechwriter trying to write/polish up a speech (Trump family members?)

*ring...ring...ring*

"Hello?"

"Hello! This is...Cillary Hliton! Is this Melania Trump?"

"Why, yes. Yes it is!"

"Oh! My dear beautiful child! A disguised int--I mean, a little birdie, has told me that you're having problems writing your speech!"

"Unfortunately so. Finding good things to say at length about my husband is so difficult. What do I do..."

"My poor, sweet child. I can help you. Give me your fax number..."

MgKkgjA.jpg

Costa is implying this is on Manaford

Paul Manafort walked into a political battle with the experience of literally murdering political opponents and then was told that murdering political opponents is illegal.

You have to give him some slack, he's learning all of this new, so why not copy from the best?

How do people figure this out? How do you listen to Melania ramble for 20 minutes and go "oh my god, those last 20 seconds were from Michelle Obama's DNC speech from 8 years ago!!!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Paul Manafort walked into a political battle with the experience of literally murdering political opponents and then was told that murdering political opponents is illegal.

You have to give him some slack, he's learning all of this new, so why not copy from the best?

Sounds like Manafort's out and Lewindowski's coming back in. It's all happening far faster than I assumed it would.

How do people figure this out? How do you listen to Melania ramble for 20 minutes and go "oh my god, those last 20 seconds were from Michelle Obama's DNC speech from 8 years ago!!!"

Reporters usually get an advanced copy of speeches so they can be ready to publish right after the speech. Usually it's good for everyone involved since coverage happens fast. If that's what it was.

HylianTom

Banned
This is yet another situation where Trump's lack of organization is hurting. No war room, meager staff for research, writing, etc. It's going to continue to pop-up in various forms.

pigeon

Banned

One person kind of noticed it. Probably they were watching it recently or something.
Then he looked it up, realized it was direct plagiarism, tweeted it, and it went viral.

shem935

Banned
Sounds like Manafort's out and Lewindowski's coming back in. It's all happening far faster than I assumed it would.

Reporters usually get an advanced copy of speeches so they can be ready to publish right after the speech. Usually it's good for everyone involved since coverage happens fast.

Wait really? Manafort's out?

kirblar

Because there are people who do this for a living who've listened to those speeches numerous times.

Sianos

Costa is implying this is on Manaford

First he leaks a vice presidential pick - what Corey was fired for suggesting as his only idea - and not only that, but he leaked the pick to force Donald into accepting a fool who will provide minimal benefits whilst enhancing Trump's weaknesses by adding some extra anti-LGBT bigotry and more general fuckery into the mess.

Then when Melania comes to him for help on her speech that she worked really hard on all by herself but that she was worried wasn't good enough, he steals a paragraph from Michelle Obama and inserts a Rick Roll into, then tells her that he'll keep his help a secret so she can claim to say she wrote it all on her own.

Hot take: Manafort is a saboteur inserted by Putin because he actually does want Hillary to win because they fear the tales of the legendary negotiator as written in Trump's totally self-written book, The Art of the Deal.

Costa mentioned that Trump has been focused on his wife's speech for days, was greatly looking forward to it and was also concerned with how the media would react to it. Needless to say he must be furious right now. Will be interesting to see what happens next, whether Manafort can control Trump, what does the campaign decide to say, etc. Do they trot out Melania to apologize? Do they blame it on a staffer?

What if they blame Manafort and oust him?

No. We are just on a fever dream. But hey, candidate trump gets what candidate trump wants. No matter how insane it is.

Actually a campaign manager would be one of the prime targets to go as they are in charge of staff. Along with speech writer.

Has happened in previous history when something similar happened.

This is almost unreal honestly for how damaging this will be in the end, no matter the outcome.

Slacker

I would love to see the faces of some of the delegates who were passionately applauding Melania's speech when they find out they were applauding Michelle Obama's words. I assume it'll be similar to the look on my son's face when I tell him something he just ate had broccoli in it.

TheFatOne

What god, and what animal did Hillary sacrifice to be this fucking lucky. Trump right now is the gift that keeps on giving. Instead of building on the last week the GOP just trip and fall over themselves. What should have been an easy bump, and time define the narrative turns into a clown fiesta. What amazing luck. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but now I'm starting to believe that Trump is a Clinton plant. One human being cannot be this lucky.

The normal rules of politics don't apply to Trump. Had he ripped off a part of the speech tomorrow that he was going to give. No one would give a shit and he would deflect and everyone would move on.

But we don't know if the same rules apply to his wife yet. We'll see. This is above any Gaffe Romney had like his binders full of women or 47% stuff.

shem935

Banned
Jon Favreau ‏@jonfavs 1m1 minute ago
Sarah Hurwitz, Michelle's head speechwriter, used to be Hillary's. So the Trump campaign plagiarized from a Hillary speechwriter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom