• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tweet written in defense of Melania Trump that I saw a few minutes ago.

"Oh yeah? Well I'll take the word of someone who speaks 7 languages and has a degree!"

She has no degree. That was a lie.

This was supposed to be Melania's avenue to be a surrogate for Trump and help paint him as more human...That just backfired, completely. You can't put her on the campaign trail again.

CntEHoYVYAAyiML.jpg

iP42wHz.gif

I can't stop thinking about the thought process that led to this. Someone was too lazy to create 6 sentences about "parents instilling values" and "keeping the dreams of children alive" and decided it would be easier to google 'First Lady Speech Convention', read through the speeches of Michelle Obama and Ann Romney, decide they like two sections of Michelle's, and then just copy them over without editing them. I think that kind of plagiarism actually takes more work than just vomiting out 40 words of generic platitudes; it requires you to read another speech after all.

johnsmith

remember me
Hadn't been following the RNC all evening, all I'm hearing about now is Melania and Steve King's blatant white supremacy, and it's only day 1!

xihg38M.gif

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm waiting for the "yeah, she stole Obama's words, but Crooked Hillary stole four American lives in Benghazi" defense.

This probably matters more tomorrow when news networks go to Trump's ghostwriter who repeats the claim that Trump didn't write the Art of the Deal.

People will more easily believe that Trump didn't write the Art of the Deal after Trump's wife had a plagiarized speech.

And Trump will implode after that. Trump on Thursday is only going to be about how his ghostwriter is a liar and a bad guy and how Trump wrote the Art of the Deal.

royalan

I just want to remind everyone, Paul Ryan put his full support behind this campaign. May we never forget it.

Yep.

Trump ain't just killing his campaign, he's killing any chance the Republicans could have had in 2020 by forcing every notable Republican to sign on to his trainwreck.

The DNC "2020 Oppo Research" file must be gigs at this point.

Sianos

Prediction for tomorrow: on Make America Work Again day, Paul Manafort will find himself without a job. Additionally:

This probably matters more tomorrow when news networks go to Trump's ghostwriter who repeats the claim that Trump didn't write the Art of the Deal.

People will more easily believe that Trump didn't write the Art of the Deal after Trump's wife had a plagiarized speech.

And Trump will implode after that.

The "revelation" that Trump and Melania have not been doing their own work is expanded upon.

Marvie_3

Banned
From the OT thread:

Smooth Kobra ‏@smoothkobra 23m23 minutes ago
Remember earlier today when @SteveKingIA said Blacks didn't contribute to society? If we don't contribute then why steal our speeches?

DAMN

Edit: Damn, powerful words by David Simon.
Holy shit.

So how does this effect the mood in the room tomorrow? Never trumpers going to take another stab at it?

Nah, those in the room will rally around Trump even more. This will be played as the media blowing this up and using it as an excuse to attack the Republicans

The Melania speech was the lead story for the local ABC affiliate here in Los Angeles. They did a side by side video comparison, whelp. This is such a huge mistake on Trump's campaign part. This news is so suited for today's media landscape. Jesus. What a mess.

The Melania speech was the lead story for the local ABC affiliate here in Los Angeles. They did a side by side video comparison. This is such a huge mistake on Trump's campaign part. This news is so suited for today's media landscape. Jesus. What a mess.

That's what I've been saying, the comparison videos are devastating.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This is going to be another textbook case of "How to not PR" isn't it?

Ecotic

It's unbelievable just how terrible Trump's campaign is. In 2012 Romney wasn't the best candidate but he had a good, well staffed operation. All experienced campaign hands.

Trump's team feels like a skeleton crew of half a dozen people that used to man the welcome desks at Trump Tower. Whoever could sign the mountain of non-disclosure agreements had the job. It's just an endless disaster.

Link

The Autumn Wind
CNN saying the Trump campaign is going to just ignore it and pretend it's nothing.
Yep, here it is:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/melania-trump-michelle-obama-speech/index.html

The Trump campaign released a statement on the speech after the similarities were uncovered, but the statement did not mention the plagiarism charge.

"In writing her beautiful speech, Melania's team of writers took notes on her life's inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking. Melania's immigrant experience and love for America shone through in her speech, which made it such a success," according to Jason Miller, the senior communications adviser.

CCS

Banned
Yesterday couldn't have really been much more of a farce hahahahaha :D

Also #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes has me screaming

Farmboy

If you're the speechwriter, just come out and say you did it on purpose to kneecap the Trump campaign. You'll probably get sued, but you'll be celebrated as a master troll and American hero forever.

What I'm most amazed about is not the plagiarism but rather that they plagiarized Michelle Obama. Like, your entire campaign is about how bad Obama is and then you copy her? You can copy almost anyone in history and you choose her!?

Either they are the dumbest motherfuckers of all time or this is an inside troll job.

Next level poe's law. I'm in awe.

mo60

So today.....

We had a floor fight over the rules.
Two state delegations walked out.
They called for the Democratic nominee to be in prison.
A woman literally accused Hillary of murder.
They had to literally pick up Bob Dole.
They spent 29 minutes doing a play by play of Benghazi.
No one mentioned the Vice President candidate who was sitting right fucking there.
Trump entered like a fucking tool.
And to top it off, she stole her speech from Michelle "Whitey Tape" Obama.

And it's day one.

I watched parts of it on my xbox one while they were speaking and I kept on closing the tab like every couple of minutes because it bored me to tears. Every time I came back to check if they were done speaking they were still speaking.I wonder who approved that play by play of benghazi because it was boring and awful.

An interview of the Trump’s is set to air Tuesday on NBC News in which Melania Trump discusses her speech and how she wrote it. In the preview for the interview, Melania Trump said “I wrote it, with little help.”
Good job, good effort.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
If you're the speechwriter, just come out and say you did it on purpose to kneecap the Trump campaign. You'll probably get sued, but you'll be celebrated as a master troll and American hero forever.
If such a saboteur existed, it'd be self-defeating to reveal himself now. That gives up the whole game.

Reposting for lulz.

An interview of the Trump’s is set to air Tuesday on NBC News in which Melania Trump discusses her speech and how she wrote it. In the preview for the interview, Melania Trump said “I wrote it, with little help.”
Good job, good effort.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It's unbelievable just how terrible Trump's campaign is. In 2012 Romney wasn't the best candidate but he had a good, well staffed operation. All experienced campaign hands.

Trump's team feels like a skeleton crew of half a dozen people that used to man the welcome desks at Trump Tower. Whoever could sign the mountain of non-disclosure agreements had the job. It's just an endless disaster.

Eh...let's not look back at the Romney campaign with orange colored glasses. Remember, this is the same campaign that allowed Clint Eastwood to yell at a fricken empty chair for 20 minutes!

There's been a lot of hilariously dumb things today, but nothing compares to that. At least...not yet anyway.

mo60

Eh...let's not look back at the Romney campaign with orange colored glasses. Remember, this is the same campaign that allowed Clint Eastwood to yell at a fricken empty chair for 20 minutes!

There's been a lot of hilariously dumb things today, but nothing compares to that. At least...not yet anyway.

I think the approxiamately 30 minute play by play of Benghazi comes close.It was awful, boring and probably made some people want to fall alseep during ther speech.The clint eastwood chair speech beats that one by a bit still.

Diablos

Melania stealing from Michelle Obama's speech is pretty bad.

Oblivion

I think the approxiamately 30 minute play by play of Benghazi comes close.It was awful, boring and probably made some people want to fall alseep during ther speech.The clint eastwood chair speech beats that one by a bit still.

The Benghazi thing was just straight up offensive and disgusting though.

I thought this was going to be the Animaniacs video. :/

Diablos

Here it is.

Huffpost said:
From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise; that you treat people with respect,” Trump told the thousands of Republican delegates and assembled media on Monday night in Cleveland.

In 2008, Mrs. Obama said, “You work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them.”

Trump’s spouse also lifted a line about children from Michelle Obama, saying, “We want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

In 2008, Michelle Obama said, “We want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”
Holy shit. She's not getting away with this.

Oblivion

Melania stealing from Michelle Obama's speech is pretty bad.

Yes, it was. I'm not saying there wasn't a lot to criticize for today, I'm just saying that Romney's campaign was pretty damn incompetent themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom