• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
how liberal are K & V?

Kaine was a moderate on abortion, guns, government spending, and the environment until he flipped to the left when the party started moving left.

Vilsack has had almost no politically important statements since the mid 2000s when the Democratic party was a lot more centrist so Vilsack has some really bad comments that he hasn't walked back yet about cutting entitlements since that was politically popular back then.

Vilsack does like publicly funded elections so that's one point of similarity with Bernie?

But Vilsack loves GMOs so Bernie stans will be pissed at that, lol.

Vilsack has had almost no politically important statements since the mid 2000s when the Democratic party was a lot more centrist so Vilsack has some really bad comments that he hasn't walked back yet about cutting entitlements since that was politically popular back then.

Vilsack does like publicly funded elections so that's one point of similarity with Bernie?

Looking through Vilsack's record as the governor of Iowa, he restored the vote to convicted felons way back in 2005. Big respect for that.

Looking through Vilsack's record as the governor of Iowa, he restored the vote to convicted felons way back in 2005. Big respect for that.

That was good.

Kaine seems, idk, safer than Vilsack because Kaine has actually walked back his previously moderate to conservative viewpoints from the early 2000s. Kaine can point to his Senate statements as proof he's liberal enough. What will Vilsack point to with regards to his prior comments about cutting Social Security and needing more welfare reform?

NBC News has a copy of the speech that the speechwriter who wrote Milania Trump's speech turned in, and it doesn't have the Obama stuff. No doubt, a Trump family member added it

Iolo

Maybe, as an actor who often has lines memorized by the first or second rehearsal, my perspective is different, but 22 words, especially when they have a rhetorical pattern, are not impossibly many to stick in your head, for this or that stupid reason. Again, I'm not saying that's the likeliest option, just that it's another possibility, and I'd be inclined to believe that over "they plagiarized it all on purpose".

Out of curiosity did you ever accidentally rickroll yourself while reciting memorized lines

jiggle

Kaine was a moderate on abortion, guns, government spending, and the environment until he flipped to the left when the party started moving left.

well that doesn't make it any easier at all

Vilsack is a nobody and Hillary's team is out of their minds if they think that "he would deliver Iowa"

In the race for the Democratic nomination, Gallup polls placed Vilsack at 1% support in November and December 2006. This fell to 0% on January 7, where it remained until his withdrawal in February.[11]

WaPo saying it's between Kaine and Vilsack.

bRina6.gif

Vilsack is a nobody and Hillary's team is out of their minds if they think that "he would deliver Iowa"

What does this have to do with the current race as it stands? Farmers in Iowa are happy with the job Vilsack has done. He can deliver the state. That being said I think Hillary can contest there on her own.

I'm firmly in Kaine camp though.

So with the headline Election Update: Clinton’s Lead Is As Safe As Kerry’s Was In 2004, is Nate Silver purposefully doing this to get clicks for his Disney operated site or because he screwed the pooch so much on the primary?

HylianTom

Banned
So with the headline Election Update: Clinton’s Lead Is As Safe As Kerry’s Was In 2004, is Nate Silver purposefully doing this to get clicks for his Disney operated site or because he screwed the pooch so much on the primary?

Sam Wang threw a bit of shade 538's way on Twitter earlier today, and he made reference to them blowing the primary as part of 538's motivation.

Crocodile

At least the other candidate is "from New York" so I can show some pride that a presidential candidate is from New York :p

I'm surprised we still haven't heard from Trump all day though

Also LOL at Trump not showing p to a donor meeting this morning since he flew back to New York (for who knows what reason).

Bowdz

I know Perez's elected experience is a big downside, but he threads the needle between boring and exciting, new and establishment, progressive and moderate, and by all reports, he gets along great with Clinton and their entire orbit. If it is down to Kaine and Vilsack, it's gotta be Kaine though. Vilsack makes Kaine look exciting.

Also, just from a sheer visual angle, I love watching roll call votes at the convention. Regardless of the bigotry of many at this convention, there is something supremely patriotic about watching every corner of the US meetup and engage in national politics.

Dierce

I have no sympathy for the republican party but today is truly one of the most terrible days in the history of human politics. Idiots like orange turd don't even deserve a mention in the history books.

Sam Wang threw a bit of shade 538's way on Twitter earlier today, and he made reference to them blowing the primary as part of 538's motivation.

I'm just kind of shocked at the headline. They could have gone the route as appears in the text of the article "She leads by about the same margin that Barack Obama did heading into the conventions in 2008, and by a somewhat larger margin than Obama did in 2012," but instead do this inflammatory thing. They've really been terrible the last 12 months.

Vilsack is perfect. He's exactly the kind of person I want to be Clinton's VP. Vilsack is one of those honest, intelligent, experienced men who have been battle tested and live for public service. He and (the) Clinton(s) are already good friends since they've worked together. He did a lot of good for Iowa. Most importantly, he is deeply in touch with and understands the growing world we live in, and has been refining his understanding for decades. If you want the man who has the answers for helping rural and impacted communities in the face of globalism, this is precisely the person you're looking for.

This is the video that convinced me. Long presentation by him and Bill for the CF.

https://youtu.be/nqSWcSnsIr8

Paskil

Time for a different sort of polka!

♫Roll out the oppo, we'll have an oppo of fun!♫

Time for Clinton and her supporting Super PACs to show the Republicans the only type of carpet bombing that will take place as a result of this election.

Dierce

Even if Trump fails this sets a terrible precedent and more like him will emerge. This is a monster that the republicans can't control or maybe they have no intention to.

CLEVELAND — Former Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson said Monday that being transgender “doesn’t make any sense” and likened it to waking up and deciding to change one’s ethnicity.

“For someone to wake up and think that they belong to a different sex because they feel different that day is the same as if you woke up and said, 'I’m Afghani today because I saw a movie about that last night, and even though my genetics might not indicate that, that’s the way I feel, and if you say that I’m not, then you’re a racist,' " Carson told The Hill.

Ben Carson is gonna be a fucking riot tonight. I hope he gets sued for the fact that he's been stealing money from the poor and desperate for over a decade now.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...arson-being-transgender-doesnt-make-any-sense

538 has been pretty bad ever since they went big time.

I'm not going to click that article but I don't seem to remember Kerry having the type of consistent lead that Hillary has had. Nor do I remember Bush's favorables or demographic numbers being similar to Trump's. Not to mention the fact that Bush ran one of the best political campaigns in modern history that year, had a very impressive ground game, and was an incumbent president.

This is not an apples to apples comparison. Every now and then I browse ESPN and see a link to some asinine 538 article with a terrible sports lede, and clearly they do the same thing with politics too.

Goodstyle

I know I sound shallow for dumping on a guy's name, but politics is a shallow business when the electorate is involved. A guy named Vilsack (fucking VIL
E
SACK
) would project an awful image. You can't just be good, you gotta look good too. It's why Castro wouldn't work. That last name is poisoned, and his face is more than a little creepy.

Same can't be said for this man:

Official_portrait_of_United_States_Secretary_of_Labor_Tom_Perez.jpg

Say it with me everybody:

"Perez".

“If Melania’s speech is similar to Michelle Obama’s speech, that should make us all very happy because we should be saying, whether we’re Democrats or Republicans, we share the same values,” he told reporters after addressing a Florida GOP delegation breakfast at a hotel here 20 minutes outside Cleveland, where the RNC is taking place.

“If we happen to share values, we should celebrate that, not try to make it into a controversy,” he added.

Man, Ben Carson really wants us to remember that he's fucking nuts.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/melania-trump-plagiarism-ben-carson-225795

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom