• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD, THE WITCH IS DEAD, THE WITCH IS DEAD.

Fuck Fox news, fuck misogyny, fuck sexual harrassment, fuck coercion, fuck O'Reilly, fuck the conservatives, and best of all, fuck Roger Ailes!!!

btw I'm drunk

Farmboy

A TLDR on the MLP thing, for people catching up:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rnc-my-little-pony_us_578e696ee4b04ca54ebef569

Jeffery Lord was the guy who turned in Biden for the plagiarism in 1987? He just claimed responsibility, at least. Good "TIL" material! Perhaps as a result, he's the Trump person trying to hardest to not make excuses.

Edit: Awful post for the top of a new page, naturally, sorry.

Naw man, that was a helpful primer. Had missed Legend and Strong weighing in on Twitter.

Spicer is one of the GOP's top spin doctors. He must know how pathetic this defense is, and how much better a standard 'writers helped Melania and made a mistake leaving in verbatim quotes from other speeches used as inspiration, oops, sorry' response would have been. So it's especially gratifying to watch him squirm.

Biden stuff interesting as well!

EDIT: So long Roger Ailes, you have objectively made the world a worse place.

thefro

Fuck Fox news, fuck misogyny, fuck sexual harrassment, fuck coercion, fuck O'Reilly, fuck the conservatives, and best of all, fuck Roger Ailes!!!

btw I'm drunk

This deserves the full video.

V9amKVC.gif

YES!

Every male talking head at Fox falling over themselves to defend Ailes is more than pathetic, it's terrible thinking. Is Megyn Kelly really going to want to work with guys that screamed "bitch is lying!" over and over again just to defend their boss? She's going to side against them in future office disputes from now, this could be a factor if they're involved in a future scandal. Awful political positioning considering that we all knew Ailes did it by last week.

Sianos

The Chair at the time should be Paul Ryan, I believe. There's no way they'll send out a nobody to Chair the vote on the nominee. Sooo...

Also Ailes can go fuck himself. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Well, even if he can't hide behind guards in some back room without looking like even more of a fool, he'll still have two guns on him and won't go down without a fight.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
One RNC speech from yesterday that I missed until I saw some highlights was the retired Navy Seal, Luttrell, who said

"The world outside of our borders is a dark and scary place. America is the light."

As a foreigner living in a foreign country I find that both insulting and a demonstration of how close minded the American Right can be about other countries and what they have to offer.

Has this guy literally only traveled to Afghanistan in order to form such an opinion?

Marcus Aurelius: And what is Rome, Maximus?

Maximus: I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

so...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

btw I'm drunk
Is OReilly just fucked by proximity or did he assist in cover / enabling of Ailes?

Is OReilly just fucked by proximity or did he assist in cover / enabling of Ailes?

O'Reilly brutally assaulted his ex-wife and drug her down stairs by her hair

It's like we are witnessing the death of Tea Party Conservatism

... Not at all? We're witnessing the death of Movement Conservatism with it being replaced by Tea Party Conservatism. Movement Conservatism tried to subvert the Tea Party into an anti-government movement instead of an anti-black movement, but the true face of the Tea Party eventually broke through.

The messaging on this is so bad.

We have:

Don Jr saying it's speechwriters

Don camp official saying nothing to do, not plagiarized, hillary's fault

Reince says to fire whomever did this

Surrogates claiming it's just coincidence

Surrogates quoting MLP

So incompetent.

Don't forget we also have conservative media making false equivalencies so they can claim Democrats do the same thing, which means they are going "Yes, Trump's team fucked up, but what about those meanie dems!!"

He went on one of the late night shows I watched (can't remember, colbert?) and essentially said they are lies about Ailes and he's a stand up guy.

Of course, O'Reilly is no stranger to sexual harassment himself, so...

Is it true that Melania is speaking again tonight? Or was that just a rumor I saw or a joke indistinguishable from this joke of a convention?

She's not speaking again. Supposedly, the rumor is she's refusing to come back to the convention for any reason at all.

O'Reilly survived a scandal in which there was goddamn audio recordings of him hitting on an employee.

His immunity from consequences is downright scary.

Edit: That being said if this is true:

He went on one of the late night shows I watched (can't remember, colbert?) and essentially said they are lies about Ailes and he's a stand up guy.

Of course, O'Reilly is no stranger to sexual harassment himself, so...

Then I would love to see people force the conversation on him again so that he is forced to contradict himself or call Megyn Kelly a liar.

Bill O'Reilly has been double timing it doing interviews as a proxy for Railes telling people that he is the most trustworthy and honest boss that he has ever worked for. And he stands behind him 100%. And every time I see that fucker stand behind Railes and defend him, I just laugh, because this is the shitlicking turdburger that dragged his wife down the stairs by the neck and lost his kids in a custody battle over it. These asshole faux puritans are all the same worthless scum pretending to be moral bastions while shitting over everything holy behind the scenes and in their private life. If there really were a God then Roger and Bill will be stuck together with a doubled ended spiked dildo in hell, I guarantee you.

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 3h3 hours ago
"100 percent false"-that's how Donald Trump Jr. in brief intvw describes speculation and reports that the family is unhappy with Manafort

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 1h1 hour ago
WaPo has been shown today's internal surrogate memo from the Trump campaign- Christie likely got his 7% line directly from this document...

Memo calls Melania controversy "silly" and urged allies to argue that attacks are because Melania was "too good" and scared Democrats

With regard to plagiarism Qs, memo says to note how only 7% of the speech is under scrutiny (a point taken up by Christie on TV Tues)

Memo also recommends saying the Clintons are "back at it" regarding attacks on Melania and to frame that criticism as an attack on women

"Scared?"

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 53m53 minutes ago
Spotted backstage at Trump convention: Dick Morris

Well that's one way to make this shit show worse.

Teggy

Jonathan AlterVerified account
‏@jonathanalter
Breaking: I just interviewed P. Manafort. He says Melania told him all words hers. Me: "Why not fire the speechwriter?" PM: "I believe her."

Throwing Melania under the bus?

Tarkus

I'm sick of all those old codgers on FNC. Fire Hannity and O'Reilly. Shepard Smith and queen Megyn should be the new faces of prime time. Keep Brett Baier, he's decent.

hawk2025

Dierce

Orange turd's campaign strategy now concentrates on hoping that there are enough bigoted people in the country to push him to the top. Anything he says or does is preaching to his brainwashed choir.

Sianos

She's not speaking again. Supposedly, the rumor is she's refusing to come back to the convention for any reason at all.

Uh oh.

She's mad, and after being embarrassed against her protests in front of such a wide audience during my time to shine I would be too.

Teggy

Uh oh.

She's mad, and after being embarrassed against her protests in front of such a wide audience during my time to shine I would be too.

If they couldn't get her to come back for Thursday that would be pretty crazy. I can't imagine that would happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahChgL85VF8

Colbert had a great opener song last night.

This week you will see
You and me
We will witness history
As the RNC crowns its orange manatee

We'll see wacky hats, crazy ties, worn by thousands white guys.
And an entire airplane hanger filled with Donald Trump's ex-wives.
We'll see Newt Ron and Rand (and maybe members of the Klan)
But no Muslims or Latinos because I think they've all been banned!

The paper says that after a one minute speech, 83% of people can tell whether or not a speaker is a Democrat or Republican.

This is probably why it was so easy for people to realize that Melania's speech was plagiarized, if you're to copy words as a Republican, copy the words of other Republicans.

Wilsongt

The paper says that after a one minute speech, 83% of people can tell whether or not a speaker is a Democrat or Republican.

This is probably why it was so easy for people to realize that Melania's speech was plagiarized, if you're to copy words as a Republican, copy the words of other Republicans.

Republicans tend to repeat themselves and use buzzwords.

So the campaign brought in two writers for the speech. The speech she delivered had nothing in common with the speech that they delivered. It was totes the Trump spawn who did this. I refuse to believe otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom