• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geg

Obama was the one with the divisive tactics, yeah okay sure

The Republicans basically just kept telling the same lies about Obama they told during the 2008 election throughout his entire presidency. I don't have much faith in them once Clinton's in the white house

jmood88

He botched that completely. He didn't wait long enough for everything to settle, he did the speech looking sloppy and unprepared, and then he made a dumb smirk after it was all over, like he believed this was his ticket to the White House. Then he further messed it up with the "Please proceed governor" bait at the debate a few weeks later
And Trump is going to be very disciplined in his attack?

Maybe Trump had this idea if his VP took care of governing he could make phone calls and speeches that set a strong tone. Like a figurehead head of state.

He has said stuff before about acting as a Chairman with the VP in the CEO/COO day-to-day role. It really does feel like he wants to be president just to satisfy a need for validation and praise rather than to do anything specific.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/05/26/trump_adviser_says_trump_s_vp_will_handle_the_day_to_day_job.html

Effect

Maybe Trump had this idea if his VP took care of governing he could make phone calls and speeches that set a strong tone. Like a figurehead head of state.

That's pretty much how he runs his businesses. He's pretty much a name and figure head on a lot of the things that have his name on it. It's not him running anything. The stuff he tries to manage directly goes out of business.

Rmoney got a 5 point bounce in the IPSOS poll after his convention. Because of how the poll is run, it's always going to be more noisy than a traditional non-tracking poll.

But, Diablos, brah, I got you covered.

119732996383.gif~c200

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I mean, this trust fund Forbes baby count chocula lookin mother fucker:

suggested that poor people should have a choice about where to send their kids to school and that K-12 should be privatized and left to the free market.

So no more complaining about 'no policy ideas', GAF.

Benghazi only was an issue because it happened in an election cycle and the optics were ripe for exploiting. Romney couldn't have waited, because it would have become a non story very quickly.

That NYT quote is so... Trumpian.

Also I had no idea there was a Tiffany Trump until like a few days ago.

Also FEC filings are meant to be released today I think, so uh... will they show some sort of formal debt forgiveness?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Miriam Elder Verified account
‏@MiriamElder

CNN commentator Corey Lewandowski has been pitching his own Trump super PAC, sources tell @tparti + @RosieGray:

Of course he is.

Teggy

He speaks!

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Good news is Melania's speech got more publicity than any in the history of politics especially if you believe that all press is good press!

Um. OK.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
The media is spending more time doing a forensic analysis of Melania's speech than the FBI spent on Hillary's emails.

Yes, the FBI didn't spend any time on the emails. You got them. That's totally true.

He speaks!

Um. OK.

Yes, the FBI didn't spend any time on the emails. You got them. That's totally true.

Lawrence O'Donnell ‏@Lawrence 5m5 minutes ago
.@realDonaldTrump It seems your skills at firing people have been greatly exaggerated.
HAHAHAHA.

I love Lawrence sometimes.

VRMN

Does he though? Does anyone think that the Melania stuff is good press? It's probably one of the worst things to happen to his campaign the entire cycle.

And the email point is just plain wrong.
It's keeping them off message because the media is on that instead of the rest of the convention. This is free good press week for the GOP and this speech blew it.

And yeah. The email point is pure bullshit.

studyguy

Is it me or does r/politics look a lot less anti Hillary?

It definitely flipped on its usual bits with the RNC.
Mostly due to just how batshit crazy everything is.
Hell even Twitch was weirded the fuck out during that Benghazi story by the two guys when they started to revel in killing dudes.

This whole thing is like one big depressing circus act where everything is awful and life is horrible for everyone.

It definitely flipped on its usual bits with the RNC.
Mostly due to just how batshit crazy everything is.
Hell even Twitch was weirded the fuck out during that Benghazi story by the two guys when they started to revel in killing dudes.

This whole thing is like one big depressing circus act where everything is awful and life is horrible for everyone.

They're realizing how much of a danger the GOP really is. The start of the RNC is the real beginning of the Democrat vs. Republican Presidential Election. They may not love Hillary--I don't either tbh--but she's a metric fuckton better than Trump, and the SCOTUS is too important to hand over to the GOP with their xenophobic, racist, regressive mentality. They will come around after the DNC, and when Hillary picks a more lovable person for VP than the cardboard cut-out that is Mike Pence.

studyguy

I'd just like the DNC to present a show that doesn't sound like I'm gonna die tomorrow.
Excited to see it. If that final CA rally/concert I went to was anything like the DNC it's gonna be lit.

Orange Fart going with the victim card?

"Liberal media going after my wife".
Must feel bad when the media systematically and routinely shits on your spouse.

(Bill throws his head back and laughs. And then a single tear rolls down his cheek when he remembers that he and Hillary are effectively divorced.)

i mean he has the worst press you can possibly have and he's tied with clinton

I mean Clinton is coming off her worse news week of her entire cycle. She will be back and handily above Trump after her VP pick and the DNC. If she isn't, then I will start worrying. Even then you have to remember she just has to win Florida, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania to get to 270. She could lose in the popular vote and still win via EV.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Must feel bad when the media systematically and routinely shits on your spouse.

(Bill throws his head back and laughs. And then a single tear rolls down his cheek when he remembers that he and Hillary are effectively divorced.)

Hell, given how the media jumped up and down on her head during Bill's time in office she probably finds this hilarious.

Republicans REALLY want to kill Hillary Clinton.

An adviser to Donald Trump on veterans issues said on Tuesday that Hillary Clinton should be put in a firing line and shot for treason.

New Hampshire state representative Al Baldasaro, who is also a Trump delegate from the state and has appeared with Trump at campaign events, made the comments on the Jeff Kuhner Show.

“I’m a veteran that went to Desert Shield, Desert Storm. I’m also a father who sent a son to war, to Iraq, as a Marine Corps helicopter avionics technician. Hillary Clinton to me is the Jane Fonda of the Vietnam,” he said. “She is a disgrace for the lies that she told those mothers about their children that got killed over there in Benghazi. She dropped the ball on over 400 emails requesting back up security. Something’s wrong there.”

“This whole thing disgusts me, Hillary Clinton should be put in the firing line and shot for treason,” he added.

Baldasaro has spoken at several Trump events, introducing Trump multiple times, including at an event in late May where he admonished the media for focusing on questions over Trump’s donations to veteran’s charities.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkacz...he-firing-line?utm_term=.kpw1bXOol#.pco8VyNA9

Plagiarism-gate is fun and all but I wish people were more focused on the blatant White supremacy and the encouragement of putting Hillary through a kangaroo court.

People already knew Steve King was a piece of shit and Chris Christie was a nutter. The biggest theme they have on Clinton is that she's seen as dishonest. They sent the would-be First Lady out there and handed her a PLAGIARIZED speech, that she said she wrote. That's a huge blow to the 1 card they had. They can't win on policy, so they basically shot themselves in the foot on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom