• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
So he knew that it was plagiarized yesterday but they were going around yesterday saying that she didn't plagiarizer anything.

Either they were lying or this is a bullshit explanation.

Nothing they did yesterday showed that they were offered this resignation.

Of course this is a lie.

We already have multiple sources leaking to the New York Times about what happened.

Trump was told that he should just fire somebody, so he found somebody and fired them. It's a lazy, completely unconvincing coverup.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So he knew that it was plagiarized yesterday but they were going around yesterday saying that she didn't plagiarizer anything.

Either they were lying or this is a bullshit explanation.

Nothing they did yesterday showed that they were offered this resignation.

The Trumpster fire just got ten feet taller.

I really am. This week was one of Trump's few chances to change the trajectory of this race, and it's being frittered away. The media will now spend the next day or two meshing this statement with the various campaign figures' prior statements on the issue, pointing-out inconsistencies and incompetence. It's delicious!

No worries. They can definitely, definitely turn this around during the debates. For sure.

Even though it's a shitty move and unfair to the guy, I really hope that Hillary revokes Garland's nomination and nominates someone younger/more liberal.

They can't just let blocking him and letting the longest wait to take action on a Justice slide. They have to punish them in someway. I'm tired of letting these guys get free passes for their bullshit.

It's weird that Jerry Ford was one of the few presidents with multiple assassination attempts. Jerry Ford is a pretty uninspiring (either for love or hate) figure other than his pardoning of Richard Nixon.

Hinckley shot Reagan because he thought it would impress Jodie Foster. Assassination attempts don't always make sense, that's for sure.

So who really believes this Meredith speechwriter story is genuine? It looks like a hapless Trump Org intern being forced to walk the plank. We all know one of the Trump kids planted the Michelle speech.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So who really believes this Meredith speechwriter story is genuine? It looks like a hapless Trump Org intern being forced to walk the plank. We all know one of the Trump kids planted the Michelle speech.

There's no way anything in that story is true. They just tossed some poor girl in the volcano.

Even though it's a shitty move and unfair to the guy, I really hope that Hillary revokes Garland's nomination and nominates someone younger/more liberal.

They can't just let blocking him and letting the longest wait to take action on a Justice slide. They have to punish them in someway. I'm tired of letting these guys get free passes for their bullshit.

Obama's going to have to revoke the pick because otherwise if republicans lose the senate they will vote him in knowing he is the best they will get. I feel awful for Garland though he seems like he was so proud to have gotten this. I think Obama should just let it go. Garland will shift the court to the left although not as left as we would want. I don't know if Citizens United could be overturned with him on the bench though

Republicans have already hinted that if Clinton wins they will accept his nomination before the inauguration.

Obama could nominate a more liberal judge just to piss them off, but he won't.

They can't even fall on the sword correctly. The defense is that this lady didn't check the lines Melania plagiarized. You can't make this up lol

It's weird that Jerry Ford was one of the few presidents with multiple assassination attempts. Jerry Ford is a pretty uninspiring (either for love or hate) figure other than his pardoning of Richard Nixon.
Contempt for the government was at an all time high. Even though he was boring himself, he took the heat for all of Nixon's BS, especially after he pardoned him.

There's a reason why we elected a peanut farmer. I'd argue Jimmy Carter is the only true outsider candidate in modern history to actually win.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Obama's going to have to revoke the pick because otherwise if republicans lose the senate they will vote him in knowing he is the best they will get. I feel awful for Garland though he seems like he was so proud to have gotten this

Nah, Garland's been on Obama's list since jump. Sure he's a bit centrist on certain issues, but more often than not justices float left as time goes on. He's great on gun control and is a brilliant dude overall, he deserves this.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I don't normally refer to Hillary as such, but YASSS QUEEN:

“If you think Chris Christie can lecture anyone on ethics, we have a bridge to sell you,” Clinton tweeted in response, a reference to the governor's "Bridgegate" scandal.

They can't even fall on the sword correctly. The defense is that this lady didn't check the lines Melania plagiarized. You can't make this up lol
Yeah thats a red flag. The defense is carefully worded to excuse the mistake and label it as an oversight from Melania, who loves Michelle by the way so its all good!

Obama's going to have to revoke the pick because otherwise if republicans lose the senate they will vote him in knowing he is the best they will get. I feel awful for Garland though he seems like he was so proud to have gotten this

I can honestly imagine them still not holding the hearing out of spite. Or democrats protesting the hearing saying "wait I thought we were supposed to let the next president decide? will of the people and all that"

Jarmel

Banned
So, will they move on?

Cn0mVmEXEAASgcK.jpg:large

I bet you her bank account increased this week.

This jibes with the NYT story yesterday though. The campaign brought in two former Bush speechwriters to write Melania's speech; she hated it and brought in Trump's recent ghostwriter; together they almost completely re-wrote the speech.

Not sure if the specifics matter much more than that. SOMEONE obviously listened to or read Michelle's speech, it's as believably Melania as it is anyone else. There were vetting fuck ups on like five different levels.

Speaking of that, I wonder if Trump would even submit to anything more than the most superficial of debate preparations. It's hard to imagine him sitting down with his debate team (if he even has one), spending hours engaging in practice debates, being told his answers are incorrect or insufficient, watching hours of Hillary speeches and debates, finely tuning talking points, preparing for multiple contingency answers. I totally expect Trump to just jump in and try to approach it just like one of his primary debates.

Speaking of that, I wonder if Trump would even submit to anything more than the most superficial of debate preparations. It's hard to imagine him sitting down with his debate team (if he even has one), spending hours engaging in practice debates, being told his answers are incorrect or insufficient, watching hours of Hillary speeches and debates, finely tuning talking points, preparing for multiple contingency answers. I totally expect Trump to just jump in and try to approach it just like one of his primary debates.

Completely agree. Trump will at most memorize a few pre-written mean one-liners.

HylianTom

Banned
That's been my expectation.

One thing I'll be looking for and laughing at: I'm not sure if he has the internal discipline to play the expectations game. He can portray Hillary was wily/cunning/etc, but he's already billed himself as an incredibly smart guy. His team is going to have trouble setting a low bar for him.

Slacker

Off topic from the convention, but is the media done asking about Trump's tax returns? I'm wondering when if ever they'll come back up. Maybe the debates?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh my god CNN is reporting the Kasich VP offer

They were going to do it eventually, it did run in the Times. People were going to read it at some point.

That's been my expectation.

One thing I'll be looking for and laughing at: I'm not sure if he has the internal discipline to play the expectations game. He can portray Hillary was wily/cunning/etc, but he's already billed himself as an incredibly smart guy. His team is going to have trouble setting a low bar for him.

I'm hoping for laughs at the first one at least.

Completely agree. Trump will at most memorize a few pre-written mean one-liners.

The biggest part will be being told he's wrong. Serious debate prep often means being told you're wrong, multiple times, and I wonder how much of that someone with Trump's ego would tolerate before bolting from the meetings.

(Bill throws his head back and laughs. And then a single tear rolls down his cheek when he remembers that he and Hillary are effectively divorced.)

It's because she left him for Huma, and especially after seeing Weiner, my wife and I were both okay with saying that we'd leave each other for Huma.

Bill's just crying because he didn't hook up with Huma, who as we all know is too good for him, for her actual husband, and really, for most people in life.

The whole plagiarism thing was handled so poorly, I feel a lot better about our chances even if the polls are closer than I'd like. Like, seriously. How you fuck up something this bad during the most important week of your campaign is just beyond me. I think the Trump family is realizing the shit that works in the primary doesn't work in the General. Blaming Hillary for everything will only get you so far. You've now lost three days on this bullshit. And you didn't even manage to sacrifice a staffer correctly.

The convention itself has been low energy. Ratings were slightly down from the first night. (Which is understandable, considering the quality of speakers) It's basically on par with 2008 and 2012, ratings wise. They managed to have the convention hall mostly empty during the hour that was shown on broadcast TV. (And had an actress slash avocado farmer talk during it).

PLUS, I think all of the negative campaigning they've been doing is going to lead to Hillary consolidating support. People don't like 24/7 ugly, especially when they haven't laid out a SINGLE policy during the convention. Not a single thing. I don''t believe Mike Pence was mentioned more than once or twice, and that was in terms of "President Trump and Vice President Pence"

I honestly thought Trump's people could put on a better show than this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I love the Kasich story but it seems way too outrageous to be true

It's Trump. Considering some of what we've heard coming out of that campaign this isn't too out there.

It's because she left him for Huma, and especially after seeing Weiner, my wife and I were both okay with saying that we'd leave each other for Huma.

Bill's just crying because he didn't hook up with Huma, who as we all know is too good for him, for her actual husband, and really, for most people in life.

I can't even think dirty thoughts about Huma.

Oh who am I kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom