• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

A good chunk of evangelicals are going to go nuts and consider Cruz a martyr for the cause, but I can't see this playing out beyond them. WWJD? "Told you so, suckers"

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com 3h3 hours ago
Ted Cruz is "a treacherous prick" - Trump insider Roger Stone

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com 3h3 hours ago
Ted Cruz is a "disloyal Republican" - Rudy Giuliani

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com 1h1 hour ago
"Lucifer is back" - ex-Speaker John Boehner on Ted Cruz's speech last night

Ohio Poll:

P2016 OH (Suffolk): Clinton 44%, Trump 44% ... Clinton 43%, Trump 39%, Johnson 5%, Stein 1%

PollingReport.com ‏@pollreport 4m4 minutes ago
OHIO
U.S. Senate:
Portman (R) 37%
Strickland (D) 33%
DeMare (G) 5%
Unsure 25%
(Suffolk U., LV, 7/18-20)

http://www.suffolk.edu/academics/10740.php

Retro

Another day, another voting restriction is shut down;

A federal judge in Detroit has issued four preliminary injunctions against state election officials, prohibiting Michigan from enforcing a new law that bans straight-ticket voting.

. . .

Straight-ticket voting, they said, is a 125-year tradition in Michigan, and its elimination, just months before a presidential election likely to see high turnout, would create confusion educational efforts couldn’t make up for and create a hardship for voters.

If each voter is filling out 18 or 30 bubbles rather than just one, the argument went, each voter will take longer to vote, which would have a ripple effect resulting in longer lines and, for impatient voters or those without the time, possible disenfranchisement.

“Black voters would have less opportunity to vote,” said Brewer, an attorney at Goodman Acker, citing a study by demographer Kurt Metzger that reports about 75 percent of voters in minority-majority communities, such as Detroit, Romulus and Inkster, vote straight-ticket.

At least 50 percent of voters statewide utilize straight-ticket voting, said Gurewitz, an attorney at Sachs Waldman.

(source)

Geg

Looord those quotes from Trump supporters about Cruz, I'm having to try really hard to keep myself from laughing at work

McConnell: Trump 'wrong' on NATO

CLEVELAND — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stressed Thursday that he disagrees with Donald Trump's assertion that the United States shouldn't immediately defend NATO allies, seeking to reassure the international community the U.S. would continue to come to the aid of countries in the alliance if they are attacked.

"I disagree with that," McConnell said in an interview with POLITICO Thursday at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. "NATO is the most important military alliance in world history. I want to reassure our NATO allies that if any of them get attacked, we'll be there to defend them."

Trump triggered an international uproar Thursday — and a rebuke from many Republican officials — when the GOP nominee said he wouldn't automatically come to the defense of America's NATO allies if they are attacked.

What.a.fucking.mess.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt it's the grandpa story that turned them off of Perez, the "leaked info to NYT / Planned Parenthood using personal email" reinforces a current campaign problem too well.

Edit: I do think it's a mistake to heavily vet multiple Latinos and pass them all over. abstractly that is.

But Kaine speaks Spanish and Castro doesn't lol

teiresias

So Ted Cruz is(?)/was(?) a Tea Party favoriate. What does that make the base of the party now? I mean, I know, I know, "outsider" kind of thing, but is the base really just wanting to throw nominations to the least experienced person available every time from now on just to say their nominee is from outside DC, and what does that mean for the Tea Party-base in Congress going forward? I mean, what does this base do when their only options available in a primary are seasoned politicians?

Kusagari

Cleveland (CNN)Peter Thiel is set to admonish the GOP for refusing to embrace LGBT rights on stage here tonight.
The tech billionaire will declare to the Republican National Convention that he is proud to be gay, a source familiar with Thiel's remarks told CNN. He'll be the first speaker in the party's history to do so at an RNC.

He plans to warn the party against fighting unnecessary culture wars, the source said, and tell Republicans to let people use whichever bathroom they want to use.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/politics/peter-thiel-gay-republican-national-convention/index.html

Uhh...this might not go well.

Man I hate to be like this but I hope the People in that audience don't hold back and he gets booed off the stage. That platform they passed endorsing the torture of gay youth shows the hatred and I don't want this there to be any doubt as to where they actually stand on this. I feel less bad wanting this knowing Thiel thinks that women being given the right to vote started the decline of American democracy

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So is the diablosing over or will the VP pick bring another round?

The only way the diablosing ends before the election is if the Federal Government shuts NeoGAF down before the election.

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance it will happen tomorrow.

Johnson won't be on the ballot in Ohio as a Libertarian. If they make it, it will be as an Independent. Although, I don't think his party listing matters a whole lot.

Also, Clinton out performing Strickland is a good sign for her, but reinforces how I felt about the Senatorial race the entire time. Strickland could turn this around, but ya....he's a weak candidate. (But he was the best we had!) Portman has been absent from the dumpster fire in Cleveland this week. He's distanced himself fairly well from Trump.

Oh. I meant to tell you guys.

I got a phone call from Hillary for America. They asked if I was willing to help with down ballot races. Didn't ask for anything but that. Said they knew they could count on me for helping Hillary, but that she needs a Congress who she can work with. Makes me happy to see them focusing on down ballot stuff relatively early.

Saw some reports they were making the same calls in West Virginia too.

Her ground game is on point.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That weird feeling when you see the nude pics of your delegate to Congress.......

I just don't understand how these people in public office are so stupid.

People in Ohio trust the IRS more than Congress.

Also, a majority of us believe that Muslim Americans are loyal Americans. Still way to many think they require extra scrutiny, but I'll take it.

Also, I think maybe the FBI thingy is letting up a bit. It's split down the middle on whether or not she should have been indicted. So...that's something.

“I think it’s important for young people, especially, to protect themselves from the possibility of acquiring any sexually transmitted disease, but especially to protect themselves from HIV/AIDS, which is a plague that is upon the face of the earth,” Powell said.

In an interview with CNN, Pence called Powell’s comments a “sad day,” and said he advocated for abstinence education. Pence said Powell’s call for condom use mislead millions of young people and put their lives at risk.

“Well, Wolf, I think it was — given the enormous stature that Colin Powell rightly has, not only in America but in the world community, it was a sad day. I don’t think any administration has had a worst day since boxers and briefs on MTV,” Pence said on CNN to Wolf Blitzer. “And the truth is that Colin Powell had an opportunity here to reaffirm this president’s commitment to abstinence as the best choice for our young people, and he chose not to do that in the first instance, but — and so I think it’s very sad.”

“The other part is that, frankly, condoms are a very, very poor protection against sexually transmitted diseases, and in that sense, Wolf, this was — the secretary of state maybe inadvertently misleading millions of young people and endangering lives,” continued Pence.

Pence said the solution was “too modern” for him.

“The problem is it was too modern of an answer, Wolf,” he said. “It was — it truly was a modern, liberal answer to a problem that parents like me are facing all over America, and frankly, all over the world.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkacz...r-protection-a?utm_term=.ul5ebgPQk#.qu3wz2Y9E

Mike Pence would rather have millions of Africans die than give up the fight in the culture war because Pence is fucking insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom