• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reid doesn't want to give up a Senate seat if he doesn't have to.

In terms of Booker, so long as he dropped right away the next special election would be this November. Which would bode well for Dems, so all it would do is give Christie the seat (you know he'd pick himself) for a few months until a Dem can win it back.

Christie would not pick himself, he's not going to give up almost 2 years of being a Governor for a few months as Senator. But any Democrat would win that seat, even in 2017.

Dierce

ED: Okay I think I got them all.

Trying to find all the sections that could plausibly be interpreted as actual policy proposals:

1. There is already an extensive vetting mechanism in place for people traveling from those countries.

2. Building a wall would require annulling the endangered species act.

3. Trade war.

4. Trickle down failed economics.

5. Destroying the EPA. More pollution and a reduction in renewable energy growth.

6. Unlikely to happen due to the tax cuts.

7. Going back to how it was before.

8. Firing federal employees in order to hire loyal republican orange turd lovers.

9. What is the separation of church and state?

hawk2025

I cannot emphasize enough the complete stupidity of wanting to rip up and remake every trade deal INDIVIDUALLY.

His trade "policy" is somehow even worse than I previously believed.

Do GE voters mind that Trump uses childish name calling? It's extremely unpresidential just from an historical perspective, but I wonder how even the people who don't loathe Hillary see that.

I suspect his name-calling and language does turn off independent and GOP-leaning women, since Hillary's ad on it is in such heavy rotation in swing states. I'm sure the focus groups are all over that question.

Tarkus

I think I like my coffee bitter because I like really strong tastes in general. Probably also because my old coach would brew this amazing dark Columbian coffee for us that got me into loving dark coffee, whereas I don't think I've ever had a really good lighter or medium roast so I haven't given them a fair shot. Any suggestions?
Try a real Kenya AA or something like a Costa Rica Terrazu, both of which are easy to find in light-medium roast. Tanzania peaberry is my fave but hard to find. Believe me, these coffees at light but still have plenty of strong bold flavor, just less bitter. Hell, taking a whiff in the bag might take your breath away.

Target and the bulk stores like Costco and Bj's have good coffee selections, and of course coffee shops. You can get green beans for fairly cheap in any type online. Roasting is easy if you have an oven.

Try a real Kenya AA or something like a Costa Rica Terrazu, both of which are easy to find in light-medium roast. Tanzania peaberry is my fave but hard to find. Believe me, these coffees at light still have plenty of strong bold flavor, just less bitter. Hell, taking a whiff in the bag might take your breath away.

Target and the bulk stores like Costco and Bj's have good coffee selections, and of course coffee shops. You can get green beans for fairly cheap in any type online. Roasting is easy if you have an oven.

The coffees you mentioned are so acidic! Blegh. I need a deep, full bodied dark roast. I can't go any lighter.

hawk2025

I'm Diablosing *the fuck* out of this speech.

I think I was about due for my turn at this.

Try a real Kenya AA or something like a Costa Rica Terrazu, both of which are easy to find in light-medium roast. Tanzania peaberry is my fave but hard to find. Believe me, these coffees at light but still have plenty of strong bold flavor, just less bitter. Hell, taking a whiff in the bag might take your breath away.

hhmmmm.
You are talking dirty to me, and it makes me feel better.

Sianos

Ooh, that sounds good. Thank you!

Iolo

A leaked speech from the nominee is pretty much unheard of, correct?

It may have been posted, but apparently the remarks were provided to news organizations under an embargo, and someone broke it, so they all broke it. It actually appears to be legit.

They probably broke it because evidently he's god damned Hitler.

Dierce

I think if Clinton picks the admiral it would completely undo this preposterous idea that orange turd cares or would at all be effective on national security.

It may have been posted, but apparently the remarks were provided to news organizations under an embargo, and someone broke it, so they all broke it. It actually appears to be legit.

Legit news orgs don't break embargos. Somehow a copy got to Correct the Record, and if I had to guess it's from the RNC.

To follow up, Trader Joe's has a fantastic Costa Rican Terrazu that the poster might like.

TJ's in general is a great place to get affordable coffee if you're blessed enough to live in an area that has them.

Effect

Guess I'll check this out again after this madness is done. Might even sleep through this or try to fall asleep to a movie as I'm not feeling that well anyway. Stomach already doesn't feel right tonight along with it's possible result will just push me over the edge. It's going to be a long damn weekend. :( I'm trying not to go overboard but this has been a terrifying week overall. Times like this I wish I wasn't single because going through this shit solo is ugh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I cannot believe he will push for the Johnson Amendment to be repealed. I mean, I can believe it, but I still can't. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Tearing down the wall between church and state is absolutely terrifying. TERRIFYING.

I'm Diablosing *the fuck* out of this speech.

I think I was about due for my turn at this.

hhmmmm.
You are talking dirty to me, and it makes me feel better.

Ya, um. I don't see the panic. This is what we expected. It's American Fascism. Show me one teleprompter speech he's given where he could pull this off in a statesmanlike way. I don't see it.

I don't think it's a particularly great speech, but I'm worried if he pulls off the fear mongering well in the speech it will come off well. I shouldn't be worried because Trump is terrible on the teleprompter, but he has gotten praise for some of his awful teleprompter speeches

I mean, it's pretty much an Adolf Hitler speech.

This is not something a GOP politician would say. This is deep nationalist crazy.

Its bad, but after hearing the Buchaninite comparisons I was expecting worse. This has stupid policies but not the white nationalist appeals it could have had. Of course, the way Trump delivers it could make things different.

People pretending that Trump's appeal has to do with economic anxiety sure seem to ignore that 90% of his rhetoric is "immigrants coming to murder us, need more people in prison!"

pigeon

Banned
Rick Perry is inventing words on Fox News. "Securitization of the American borders!!"

This is a great idea. Let's make a bunch of CDOs whose value is dependent on how well we're able to prevent immigration, and sell them on the bond market.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Rick Perry is inventing words on Fox News. "Securitization of the American borders!!"

It's a word, but only used in financial context.
Unless he means to turn the border into some type of banking instrument, lol.

Damnit pigeon, lol. Yours was better too.

Just saw that Young Turks fight. Alex Jones/Roger Stone are horrible people, but really The Young Turks don't look that much better in the video.

Dierce

Regardless of what happens Im sure the media will try to turn this into the narrative of a 'campaign rescued from the abyss by a powerful speech.' They probably already have their prepared remarks ready. They will just gloss over everything that has happened during the last 3 days and turn whatever happens today into the turning point.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
tbh I'm thinking that the speech will be very successful to Trump's base and it's kinda scary

We should all stop worrying about trump's base. His base is not leaving him, that's what makes them his base. Appealing to them is a terrible move. He already appeals to them. They can't vote twice.

I literally do not get the panic.

It's not a statesman like speech. It's literally fascism. It's the shit they've been spewing all week. Of course it's going to appeal to the base. But an acceptance speech needs to appeal to the people who aren't already converted.

Like, am I missing something?

Iolo

tbh I'm thinking that the speech will be very successful to Trump's base and it's kinda scary

I feel ill after reading it.

But let's remember he needs to expand his appeal outside his base. This is not going to do him any good with Hispanics and probably not undecided women.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's not a statesman like speech. It's literally fascism. It's the shit they've been spewing all week. Of course it's going to appeal to the base. But an acceptance speech needs to appeal to the people who aren't already converted.

Everyone was probably expecting bloody diarrhea and now that we've only got disgusting puke they're shocked and worried.

Crayons

Banned

Idk I'm just picturing him saying it and having the sound bytes played on the news 24/7

Everyone was probably expecting bloody diarrhea and now that we've only got disgusting puke they're shocked and worried.

Yeah I guess, it was better than I expected

Hazmat

People need to stop freaking out. This is the biggest moment of his campaign, and while we've been spoiled this week by a series of unforced errors, there's a strong possibility that this will be a good moment for him. He's going to have good days. Next week is Clinton's turn.

Iolo

Even if he tries to give this speech straight, the atmosphere inside the hall will be combustible. This kind of speech will work the delegates into a frothing rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom