• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, people need to have a drink and get laid

Right?

I have done neither today, unfortunately, but I've had a super shitty day anyway.

The speech hasn't even been given. It's not well written. I mean, it's not Trump's usual rambling mess, but it's not a well crafted speech!

I'm not diablosing about the speech in the sense that it will win him anything.

I'm just fucking scared to see the head of one of our 2 parties plan to deliver such a speech and it will mostly go without massive criticism up and down the line.

People always say "I don't understand how people could let Hitler come to power" or fascism or whatever.

But we're seeing how it can work under the right circumstances. That is fucking scary. Beyond scary.

An incompetent fascist buffoon is closer to becoming President than I ever imagined and that worries me.

I can't believe we're Diablosing about a speech that hasn't even happened yet.

Maybe people are just shocked that there's actually a speech to leak. I think it was common speculation that Trump would just walk on stage and wing it tonight. I wasn't putting it past him.

Low expectations and all that.

Seriously, Sheriff Joe is the worst speaker in the world, what's the point of this.

"Trump called my wife for five minutes once, it's really inspiring."... Mmkay, Joe.

itschris

Wall Street Journal: Sen. Kaine Seen as Clinton’s VP Pick

Hillary Clinton is on the verge of announcing her vice-presidential pick, with Democrats familiar with her search believing she will settle on a Spanish-speaking ally from a battleground state: Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia.

Two other candidates also were under consideration until the end—Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, a former Iowa governor, and Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, people familiar with the process said. The Clinton campaign declined to comment.

Mrs. Clinton is likely to announce her selection Friday in the form of a text message to supporters. On Saturday, she is set to campaign in Florida, a potential stage for a joint appearance with her newly minted running mate.

Mrs. Clinton and her allies have long said that her top considerations for a vice-presidential pick are a good governing partner and someone who could step into the job of president if needed. Democrats familiar with her thinking say she believes Mr. Kaine passes those tests.

It doesn't seem like they have more information than that earlier CNN article, but interesting choice for the headline.

Like, if I wasn't in Cali, and lived in a swing state, I'd be doing shit for Hillary on my weekends. I'd sacrifice that free time to stop Trump.

I've never ever ever ever said that about anyone before. Not Romney, McCain, Bush.

But if I was in Fla or Ohio, so much of my free time would be about stopping him.
I'm gonna go to PA 2-3 times this fall. Have family.

Gonna phone bank on weekends.

Donate.

This is scary.

Teggy

Chris Megerian
Chris Megerian‏ @ChrisMegerian

Paul Manafort told @CNN he doesn't trust FBI stats showing crime has been dropping for years because of how it handled Clinton email probe

What is the deal with internal polling? I mean wasn't Romneys internal polling total shit?
Romney's was shit because he fired pollsters that showed him in bad shape and the internals he ended up using were boot lickers who showed him stupid results like him winning Minnesota. Competent campaigns hire good pollsters and more importantly they listen to them - in fact Obama's campaign deliberately ticked off two points from their own internals (which were very good and showed him winning comfortably) because they didn't want their heads to inflate.

This is a problem that's entirely on Romney's sense of entitlement and being used to getting his way. Trump I would imagine is similar.

Btw this doesn't apply to polls that campaigns leak - usually these are only polls that show them in good shape and tend to be the outliers which they release for PR. Rule of thumb is if it's an internal poll the campaign released, dock like 6 points off their total. But there are a ton of internal polls that never see the light of day, some good, some bad, for obvious reasons.

Valkrai

I swear it seems like Manafort keeps pulling some heinous shit like Lewandosky. I thought he was supposed to make it more "presidential".

The second quote posted from the new thread is lunacy.

On MSNBC Manafort says Trump can appeal to women bc: "They can't afford their lives. Their husbands can't afford paying the family bills."

HylianTom

Banned
Jon Favreau =) has read Trump's speech, and is now commenting on it on Twitter. He doesn't seem very impressed.

1) It mostly doesn't sound like him. Can't wait to hear him say "Now let us consider the state of affairs abroad."

2) The ratio of SHIT'S AWFUL WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE to solutions is about 100:1. Voters usually like to hear about your plans.

3) It does absolutely nothing to humanize him in any way (though I'm sure Ivanka will do that well)

4) It's kind of long and boring, which is sort of disappointing from Trump! Few good lines, but no great moments. Gets a little check-listy

5) Dying to see how much he ad-libs, which he always does when he feels too scripted and caged.

I swear it seems like Manafort keeps pulling some heinous shit like Lewandosky. I thought he was supposed to make it more "presidential".

The second quote posted from the new thread is lunacy.

Manafort is a goon who has no recent political experience other than assassinating political opponents.

I guess they played Rock the Casbah. If they were going with the Clash, they should have used Know Your Rights

Know Your Rights
The Clash

This is a public service announcement
With guitar
Know your rights
All three of them

Number one
You have the right not to be killed
Murder is a crime
Unless it was done
By a policeman
Or an aristocrat
Oh, know your rights

And number two
You have the right to food money
Providing of course
You don't mind a little
Investigation, humiliation
And if you cross your fingers
Rehabilitation

Know your rights
These are your rights
Hey, say, Wang

Oh, know these rights

Number three
You have the right to free speech
As long as
You're not dumb enough to actually try it

Know your rights
These are your rights
Oh, know your rights
These are your rights
All three of 'em
Ha!
It has been suggested in some quarters
That this is not enough
Well

Get off the streets
Run
Get off the streets

Rights #1 and #2 are shockingly current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom