• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

It's almost Trump is doing self-reflection for the first time in his life.

Honestly. Outside of another 9/11 type event or something saying Clinton pulled the trigger and murdered someone. I think overall this is over. It's just about her playing the game now. Rally, organize people to vote and not flub the debates.

Sianos

He's unveiling his plan to defeat ISIS tomorrow? That should be great.

LEAKED SPOILERS:

bomb the hell out of isis! while taking the oil of course

ban immigration from areas i personally deem unsafe for which it will totally be a coincidence that they have large muslim populations

i will make soldiers commit war crimes because i am so strong they will do what i say... haha just kidding i was being sarcastic... but not that sarcastic tho

don't click unless you want to have ~THE PIVOT~ spoiled for you!!

shem935

Banned
Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 1h1 hour ago
Trump will use speech to put blame for rise of ISIS at feed of Obama and Clinton dating to 2009, according to invite-only briefing call

Doesn't seem like that effective of a strategy.

Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 1h1 hour ago
The speech is not expected to include extensive details, but will be the "framework" for future, subset speeches going forward.

Sure we will get those details later. Yup.

CpK0EiYVIAAisv4.jpg:large

It's a joke

I always thought the top tier Olympic troll would be for a country to have a 30 minute long anthem.

Iolo

Be curious to see if he goes for the Isis founder stuff. And if he can help from tying in the media with that.

I doubt it if this is a prepared speech. That will have to wait for Unhinged Trump at a subsequent rally (probably Monday night).

Hehe, like that guy or anyone who thinks like him will ever be able to affect the policy levers that determine the direction/existence of the fed in our country.

Let them mill at those windmills. It ain't gonna change a damn thing.

oh, i agree completely with what you're saying in that regard, i'm just randomly being snarky about the concept that this thread needs to be "more inclusive" of fringe garbage

Tim Kaine doesn't use GPS. He has one of those fucking giant map books that has every major road in the country on them.

THAT'S MY GODDAMN VICE PRESIDENT

(my parents used to get me a new rand mcnally road atlas every couple years when we would go on road trips and i'm pretty sure my sense of direction is godlike because of it)

ahh this is the reminder i needed to never come back to this place ty

weren't you that guy who literally did not make a single post with worthwhile content during the primaries?

Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 16s16 seconds ago
Trump's speech, if aides' description is accurate, will represent a potentially dramatic shift in how the US defines alliances.

Well nothing about that seems to be terrifying....

You joke (maybe?), but that's exactly what I've been arguing could flip MS this year. You'll never flip white voters here, but you could appeal to the more religious people if you push not-voting (or someone else) as an option. I've got my whole family voting Constitution this year (and as long as they never find me posting about that, I'll get away with it!).
KITV!!!

Yeah and she already lost her job as DNC chair (rightly I think, not for the emails but for overall performance). That said, primarying her at this point seems more like a personal vendetta.
Obama was the one who hamstrung the DNC by barring lobbyists from making donations - the now infamous "cold shoulder". Maybe Obama should shoulder some (most) of that blame.

Where is your evidence that DWS was a bad chairwoman? Is it that crap comment piece from Politico?

THAT'S MY GODDAMN VICE PRESIDENT

(my parents used to get me a new rand mcnally road atlas every couple years when we would go on road trips and i'm pretty sure my sense of direction is godlike because of it)

Making that joke made me super sad, because every year for Christmas, my dad always wanted a new Rand McNally Road Atlas. He wanted that and a box of giant fucking chocolates. He'd just randomly get that stupid book out and look at routes and stuff. No diea why. Probably trying to get hte hell away from me and my mom lol

Tarydax

Banned

Wasserman Schultz wasn't great, but Canova was garbage.

I can tell you one thing about Tim: There’s absolutely no one I’d rather spend time with. He can take any random day and make it more fun, more special, and something you’ll always remember.

When we’re on a road trip, you can count on Tim to turn off the GPS and show you a hidden scenic route (then tell you what’s so historic about it). He’s always ready with a fun piece of trivia or one of his trademark dad jokes, and there’s absolutely nothing he loves more than getting to know new people. When we go to a party or event, he won’t leave until he’s said hello to everyone -- that's just who he is.

Tim Kaine sounds so adorable. I can't wait to watch him verbally pummel Pence into the ground.

He'll probably be polite about it, though.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764977067033321472
Maggie Haberman@maggieNYT
Trump aides, on 40-minute briefing call ahead of his speech, say he ill recommend "three major changes in our policy" on Islamic terrorism.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764977555589955588
Trump will outlay three "pillars" of how he'll change fight on a broad category of terrorism, likening fight to the Cold War era.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764979685272977408
Trump will use speech to put blame for rise of ISIS at feed of Obama and Clinton dating to 2009, according to invite-only briefing call

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764980096054747137
The speech is not expected to include extensive details, but will be the "framework" for future, subset speeches going forward.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764982066937208832
Trump's speech, if aides' description is accurate, will represent a potentially dramatic shift in how the US defines alliances.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764983205011329024
The tighter immigration screen would impose a type of ideology test, as described by a Trump aide, on those seeking entrance to US

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764983417389850624
They would have to show a commitment to what one aide called tolerant pluralism. Both countries cited as hypotheticals were in Middle East.

I hate Twitter's format

Link

The Autumn Wind
So this speech is really just going to be a regurgitation of his already unconstitutional talking points and not an actual plan to defeat ISIS.

See my previous post.

Iolo

It doesn't seem to me that policy speeches are going to turn Trump's campaign around at this point. I just don't see how he is expanding his audience. His campaign managers are just filling the cracks in his foundation with epoxy when it needs major structural repairs.

An "ideology test" meant to filter out Muslims would probably stop Orthodox Jews from entering the U.S. as well.

That was the last minority group that was solid R, sad.

I want Canova to lose, not because I necessarily disagree with his beliefs (quite frankly, I don't even know what they are), but because I don't like the idea of a candidate being propped up in a district by people outside of the district, because people outside the district don't feel like the people in the district are making the right decision.

If the shoe was on the other foot, and this was millions donated by some out of state mega-corporation attempting to force their way in with a puppet candidate, those same people loving Canova would be furious. And yet they seem totally okay when they try and brute force a candidate that the constituents clearly don't want.

I really don't care that his donations are from "regular" people. It's the principle of the thing.

"Back in the day" they'd have called this carpetbagging

royalan

Trump's surrogates have been doubling down on the media being "unfair" to Trump all day. I'm actually surprised.

Don't they realize how pathetic that makes Trump look? How childlike?

Trump's been cutting into his own brand a lot lately. It's wonderful.

And to think, the Clinton campaign hasn't even had to use much of their oppo research on him. They've just been reflecting his words back at him.

October's going to be a damn curb stomping.

Fuchsdh

2D Zeldas are the best Zeldas.

And is this ISIS stuff actually affecting anything in the polls? Seems like he's not making headway but he's still doubling down.

Sianos

I don't think Trump actually knows what "tolerant pluralism" means.

Not only because him and his own supporters would fail any sort of genuine test for religious pluralism, but also because suggesting an "ideology test" for religious pluralism has already undermined the concept.

Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 12m12 minutes ago
The tighter immigration screen would impose a type of ideology test, as described by a Trump aide, on those seeking entrance to US

That sounds illegal...and scary.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764986446482640896
RE ideological test, the concept is having a tougher immigration questionnaire that would test whether immigrants support US values of 1/

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764986621934665736
2/a tolerant society built on pluralism. Effort to move this away from "Muslim" word but makes it broader.

This is not making it better! Like, seriously. What the hell.

Where there any immigrants he hadn't pissed off, because, seriously, we're headed towards that group CHOO CHOO

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764986446482640896
RE ideological test, the concept is having a tougher immigration questionnaire that would test whether immigrants support US values of 1/

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/764986621934665736
2/a tolerant society built on pluralism. Effort to move this away from "Muslim" word but makes it broader.

I think requiring a test to prove American Loyalty is just a different kind of awful.

Iolo

Handwritten ledgers show $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments designated for Mr. Manafort from Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political party from 2007 to 2012, according to Ukraine’s newly formed National Anti-Corruption Bureau. Investigators assert that the disbursements were part of an illegal off-the-books system whose recipients also included election officials.

In addition, criminal prosecutors are investigating a group of offshore shell companies that helped members of Mr. Yanukovych’s inner circle finance their lavish lifestyles, including a palatial presidential residence with a private zoo, golf course and tennis court. Among the hundreds of murky transactions these companies engaged in was an $18 million deal to sell Ukrainian cable television assets to a partnership put together by Mr. Manafort and a Russian oligarch, Oleg Deripaska, a close ally of President Vladimir V. Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom