• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 12m12 minutes ago
The tighter immigration screen would impose a type of ideology test, as described by a Trump aide, on those seeking entrance to US

That sounds illegal...and scary.

It's a bold pivot cotton... we'll see if it works for him

I mean, the whole idea that someone who wants to do harm to America by immigrating here, is too stupid to LIE to whatever question they ask is just ridiculous.

Like when I had to do my background check for this contract I have. They gave me a list of terrorist organizations. I had to have it notarized that I wasn't a member of any of them. Well, that would have stopped absolutely no one!

How would this be any different?

oh, i agree completely with what you're saying in that regard, i'm just randomly being snarky about the concept that this thread needs to be "more inclusive" of fringe garbage

THAT'S MY GODDAMN VICE PRESIDENT

(my parents used to get me a new rand mcnally road atlas every couple years when we would go on road trips and i'm pretty sure my sense of direction is godlike because of it)

weren't you that guy who literally did not make a single post with worthwhile content during the primaries?
Don't worry bro, I gotchu on the snark.

This is not making it better! Like, seriously. What the hell.

Where there any immigrants he hadn't pissed off, because, seriously, we're headed towards that group CHOO CHOO

538.jpg

I read all of those tweets, and it already sounds like:

1) The Goodfellas Doctrine. "Allies? Fuck you, pay me"
2) ISIS is all their fault, will share plan later
3) Not white? Fill out this questionnaire

lol, the Democratic candidate for the third district in Utah joined our organization and went to our political group's monthly meeting yesterday.

I was like 100% behind recruiting this guy to our group two years ago when he was a random third-party candidate. Guess I converted him.

This just makes the plan even more worthless as well as unconstitutional. Are they going to hook lie detectors up to the immigrants to make sure they aren't lying?

jevity

I mean, the whole idea that someone who wants to do harm to America by immigrating here, is too stupid to LIE to whatever question they ask is just ridiculous.

Like when I had to do my background check for this contract I have. They gave me a list of terrorist organizations. I had to have it notarized that I wasn't a member of any of them. Well, that would have stopped absolutely no one!

thats easy to answer. the difference is that, after recieving Trumps personal input on how to structure and angle the test, they added another "sub-part" to the test.

After test completion, a strict looking middleaged bespackled librarian spinster, who may or not may not also be the owner of more than 3 cats( number pending trumps approval) in an ill-fitting brownish wollen cardigan, will slide her rimmed glasses down to her nose and ask the test taker a second time....

Now tell me, are you sure you are not a terroristm Mr. Muslim ?

This is interesting, not just because Manafort's obviously a piece of shit, but because in any normal campaign, he would step down immediately. That's the obvious move, but here, if Manafort leaves nobody else is taking that job. Nobody else is going to come in and hold things together.

So they either have to: A) keep him around and add him to the pile of campaign destroying factors B) Get rid of him and watch the campaign go full Lord of the Flies.

Iolo

thats easy to answer. the difference is that, after recieving Trumps personal input on how to structure and angle the test, they added another "sub-part" to the test.

After test completion, a strict looking middleaged bespackled librarian spinster, who may or not may not also be the owner of more than 3 cats( number pending trumps approval) in an ill-fitting brownish wollen cardigan, will slide her rimmed glasses down to her nose and ask the test taker a second time....

Now tell me, are you sure you are not a terroristm Mr. Muslim ?

http://io9.gizmodo.com/when-a-newspaper-gave-blade-runners-replicant-test-to-m-1687558534

The Wave Magazine said:
Rather than confuse you with endorsements, position papers and other outmoded means of political influence, we’ve decided to get to the bottom of the only question that matters: Is a particular candidate human or an insidious replicant, possessed of physical strength and computational abilities far exceeding our own, but lacking empathy and possibly even bent on our destruction as a species?

The only reliable method that we know of for sniffing out replicants is the Voight-Kampff Test, created by Phillip K. Dick in his book, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and later used by Harrison Ford’s character, Deckard, in the film Blade Runner. The test uses a series of questions to evoke an emotional response which androids are incapable of having. By the candidates’ responses to this line of questioning, we feel we can say with some certainty whether or not they’re replicants.

This just makes the plan even more worthless as well as unconstitutional. Are they going to hook lie detectors up to the immigrants to make sure they aren't lying?

No see, Trump knows that RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS would never lie on an official form. Why would they do that? They could get in trouble and stuff.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This is interesting, not just because Manafort's obviously a piece of shit, but because in any normal campaign, he would step down immediately. That's the obvious move, but here, if Manafort leaves nobody else is taking that job. Nobody else is going to come in and hold things together.

So they either have to: A) keep him around and add him to the pile of campaign destroying factors B) Get rid of him and watch the campaign go full Lord of the Flies.

A wild Lewandowski appears!

TheFatOne

NY Times with that timing. Should be one of the lead stories tomorrow morning.

Not at all. There is a specific analyst on CNN that would love to have his old job back.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So not only is the Manafort story amazing, Lewandowski puts icing on the cake.

Terrorist are notoriously afraid of perjury

jbug617

Banned

Trump is still talking to Corey. He would take back the job in an instant.

TheFatOne

Welp. Next week's storyline is set-up. Ain't that a shame.

Hillary can continue to do her ultra-boring, safe campaign. {HillarySippinTea.jpg}

Seriously she is one of the luckiest politicians ever. To be gifted an oponent like this is truly something else. Going to take a catastrophic even for her not to win at this point. Trumpster fire. If Katy Tur does not write a book that would be a damn shame. She has to write a book now about her experience on the trail. She's gotta get that paper. Will be an instant hit.

HylianTom

Banned
Seriously she is one of the luckiest politicians ever. To be gifted an oponent like this is truly something else. Going to take a catastrophic even for her not to win at this point. Trumpster fire. If Katy Tur does not write a book that would be a damn shame. She has to write a book now about her experience on the trail. She's gotta get that paper. Will be an instant hit.

Agree. She can get a big credit in the Netflix miniseries off of this experience.

And the hits keep on coming!

@AdamWeinstein:
Speaking as someone who has a story coming this week: This is just the beginning for Manafort. It gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom