• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the spin is "that works in the primaries, doesn't work in the general".

But Trump's not going to benefit from the ground game, if his campaign continues its current trajectory.

Young voters flee Donald Trump in what may be historic trouncing, poll shows

Cue the "but they don't vote" butt joke.

People usually solidify their political leanings in their 20s and stick with those beliefs throughout their lives. Trump using Milennials by that much could be ceding them forever.

Cp2cCQQXYAEkMDh.jpg

oddjobs

Okay, so English is my second language but I'm still pretty confident that the words "novelty"
and "tradition" are not synonyms, but rather antonyms, right ?

Well, check out Katrina Pierson working her verbiose magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAyuHcN9OHM

How are they letting her still speak on behalf of anyone? It's bad enough for them that Trump is constantly fucking up, then there's the added injury of having this goober mess everything up even worse.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's too bad David Clarke isn't self-aware enough to realize that the way he runs his department and the disgusting rhetoric he spews is likely directly what lead to the response that occurred.

Walker activated the National Fucking Guard over this? Seriously? Oh fuck off.
I can't believe the Milwaukee Police Dept. is letting this guy rant like this. What a fucking horrible look for them.
This guy is Milwaukee County, not City, so the city proper can't do a damn thing about what she says. The county is Milwaukee + a few adjacent suburbs, so meh, but this is a fine case of having split police jurisdictions being moronic. Whoever responded to the initial call got a claim this probably. There's a nasty split between Milwaukee city (minorities!) and the (white) suburbs, which are crimson red.

And, of course, this just had to be the most racist sheriff prick this side of Phoenix presiding over this awful thing. And, of course, he had to go make this political.

jevity

On some serious shit, what kind of anti-terror policies do you think Trump will present tomorrow. Do you think he will stick with the potential bombing of the families of terrorist and enhanced interrogation ?

RE: Skyrim bashing

The point of the ES games is to convey atmosphere and a sense of adventure. The music says it all. The gameplay is just there, and it's usually pretty bad in these games, but that's not the point. I think the ES series just became something people felt they had to play and have an opinion on like it was Zelda or something, even when it's not really a type of game they normally gravitate towards.

https://mobile.twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/764909726278836225

Fantastic response here from a conservative radio host on how terrible the bias has gotten in this country. I'd post the pic of the response but I have zero idea how. Highly recommend clicking through.

Everyone saw this coming a mile away. How can an entire opinion news industry claim that other news sources are lying to their audience and expect them to know which way is up after awhile. Now we have journos feeling antagonized and threatened at Republican rallies. Is there any aspect to the GOP that isn't irresponsible?

shem935

Banned
On some serious shit, what kind of anti-terror policies do you think Trumo will present tomorrow. Do you think he will stick with the potential bombing of the families of terrorist and enhanced interrogation ?

"I wasn't ever going to torture terrorists, kill their families, ban muslims, or glass the middle east! I was being SARCASTIC! Biased media!"

He'll probably stick to most of it. Probably change Ban muslims to ban immigration from trouble areas, no syrian refuges, build a wall blah blah.

RE: Skyrim bashing

The point of the ES games is to convey atmosphere and a sense of adventure. The music says it all. The gameplay is just there, and it's usually pretty bad in these games, but that's not the point. I think the ES series just became something people felt they had to play and have an opinion on like it was Zelda or something, even when it's not really a type of game they normally gravitate towards.

Everyone saw this coming a mile away. How can an entire opinion news industry claim that other news sources are lying to their audience and expect them to know which way is up after awhile. Now we have journos feeling antagonized and threatened at Republican rallies. Is there any aspect to the GOP that isn't irresponsible?

Is that fair though? Bethesda wanted it to be a game like Zelda, they wanted it to be mainstream. If that's what they want, then how can we not treat it like Zelda? ES games are probably better sellers than Zelda games now, so of course people will rightfully hold them to a high standard.

jevity

"I wasn't ever going to torture terrorists, kill their families, ban muslims, or glass the middle east! I was being SARCASTIC! Biased media!"

He'll probably stick to most of it. Probably change Ban muslims to ban immigration from trouble areas, no syrian refuges, build a wall blah blah.

But he is supposed to present a full fledged policy centered plan describing in detail how the the west can defeat ISIS

With all this talk of the RNC cutting off Trump, the question is how could they do it without depressing turnout and hurting Rs across the board? Trump is not going to keep quiet if they do it, casting him off means fanning the flames of civil war. You think Trump is going to let the RNC use him for fundraising and then spend that money on downticket races without going apeshit? A lot of these stories feel like more #NeverTrump fantasies.

It is similar, since the terrible, self-satisfied responses I got were very similar. I am starting to think that we're discovering the weakness of an educational system too focused on STEM and not on, you know, rhetoric and psychology.

This is not the argument I'm making. Et tu, shinra? I am not brainchilding this by refusing to accept any degree of evidence. Nobody has PROVIDED any degree of evidence for me to accept or refuse. By a huge quantity, the responses I've gotten are literally "since you don't already agree with me you are terrible." For example

My position, as I already posted in a post you apparently did not bother to read or understand, is that renewable options seem better and we should pursue those. Why are you so excited about arguing on a topic that you are not interested in reading other people's opinions about?
It's not an either or though. No one is saying let's not pursue other forms of power. And people have provided at length discussion. People with more information and knowledge of nuclear power than I. That was just my observation of the similarities to discussion that is in my wheelhouse where your objection was in my view irrational and unsubstantiated as well. It's not a self-satisfied response when someone with knowledge in a given field says that there isn't much to substantiate your fear or that it's impossible to alleviate it completely.

With all this talk of the RNC cutting off Trump, the question is how could they do it without depressing turnout and hurting Rs across the board? Trump is not going to keep quiet if they do it, casting him off means fanning the flames of civil war.
The calculus tells them that Trump is more of a drag than a lift for the downballot races. The Trumpians think "silent majority" will come out during the election and support Trump. There are myriad of reasons.

But the main problem is money. If Trump cuts off ties, that effectively cuts off the wallets of what, 20, 30, 40 million people? They can only rely on their local grassroots so much. Trump proved that he can bring in the big bucks. They can't win with Trump on the ticket, but they can't win without Trump's fundraising either.

Is that fair though? Bethesda wanted it to be a game like Zelda, they wanted it to be mainstream. If that's what they want, then how can we not treat it like Zelda? ES games are probably better sellers than Zelda games now, so of course people will rightfully hold them to a high standard.

They wanted to sell in the console space, so Bethesda tailored the games to be playable on consoles, but the priorities and intent of the games shouldn't be expected to be any different. You're right, though. Bethesda wants to sell as many games as possible, so they're going to do just enough to satisfy both the PC and console spaces to remain appealing to both. This hurts the games (although I feel a lot is added to make up for some of this), but the core of the experience is still there- Soule's music, play any kind of character, go anywhere and do anything.

The calculus tells them that Trump is more of a drag than a lift for the downballot races. The Trumpians think "silent majority" will come out during the election and support Trump. There are myriad of reasons.

But the main problem is money. If Trump cuts off ties, that effectively cuts off the wallets of what, 20, 30, 40 million people? They can only rely on their local grassroots so much. Trump proved that he can bring in the big bucks. They can't win with Trump on the ticket, but they can't win without Trump's fundraising either.

Trump will be still be on the ticket and be just as harmful, does directing some funding towards downticket races really make up the harm starting a civil war would do not just to fundraising (as you mention) but to turnout? Even if a small percentage of Trump fans stay home or refuse to vote for people that "betray" Trump, it'd be disastrous.

I actually think that cutting off money from the top of the ticket is a really bad idea. People turnout for presidential races, not for down ballot races.

I actually think that cutting off money from the top of the ticket is a really bad idea. People turnout for presidential races, not for down ballot races.

Listen, now that Trump has gone to war with Ted Cruz, he is at now the most hated Republican (from Republicans) other than Mitch McConnell. I'm sure the whole party going to war against Trump sure won't turn the GOP's white nationalist segment (40% of the entire party) against them.

jevity

The guy defending Trump's tax plan on CNN was...

The chief economist at Bear Sterns.

"Mr. Trump, I want to ask you specifically about one person on your economics team"

" Yeah economics, we got the best economics team, it's tremendous,we bringing in the best people, smart people, you wouldn't believe how smart some of these people are, ok, they are not as rich as me, but they get it, but not as rich as me, some are from wall street and some are billionaire friends, but not as rich as me though, I'm very rich, they have less mon... but it's okay,it is okay, we got the best people I tell you, the best people"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yes, I hope they vote for my Debbie!!! <333

Debbie is going to cruise (seriously the district went what, 70% for Hilldawg?). You get to keep your job as Honorary Chairwoman of Poligaf.

Didn't Bernie's team abandon Tim Canova last week?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/debbie-wasserman-schultz-primary-226830

Yeah.

I don't think Debbie has anything too objectionable in her like...policy platform. But I don't really care because I'm not from Florida. Thank god. Just got a chill.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't know anything about Tim Canova because, again, I'm not from Florida, but the footage of the debate that I'm watching on this site looks like it was a who-loves-Israel-more-a-thon, which is surprising to me.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-wasserman-schultz-debate-canova-20160814-story.html

They hate each other so much!

Canova portrayed Wasserman Schultz as someone who doesn't support increases in Social Security benefits. She points to legislation she supports that would increase benefits. He said she only co-sponsored some of that legislation because she was worried about the primary challenge from him.

At that point, Wasserman Schultz laughed out loud, and quietly said, "Oh God."

LOL!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I don't know anything about Tim Canova because, again, I'm not from Florida, but the footage of the debate that I'm watching on this site looks like it was a who-loves-Israel-more-a-thon, which is surprising to me.

Which is a pretty bizarre thing to spend so much time on for a HOUSE RACE.

Yep. This isn't past decades where split ticket voting could result in landslides at the Presidential level and the losing party still dominating downticket. The RNC should be trying to prop up Trump as much as possible, not cut him loose.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-wasserman-schultz-debate-canova-20160814-story.html

They hate each other so much!

LOL!

They're both employing Giuliani's strategy: appealing to the old NY Jews that retired to Florida.

Oh dear Lord, this guy is really full of himself isn't he.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom