• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus there is an easy story to create.

Trump started praising Putin once Manafort was brought on board. Manafort forced them to add the pro-Putin language to the platform in reference to Ukraine. Trump asked Russia to hack into the DNC and attack his political opponent. Manafort was on the payroll of pro-Russian dictators, and we have receipts for this. (Plus more is coming).

Two things can happen:

Trump fires Manafort- This confirms he did something unsavory in relation to Russia, thus adding validation to the aforementioned claims. It's then a great thing to attack Trump with. He was so inept that he hired a Russian agent to run his campaign and OMG what if Manafort would have been Chief of Staff! A compromised agent would have been in the White House OMG!

Trump refuses to fire Manafort-other reports will come out. He will be the news story for a few days. Hillary and her surrogates will continue to push the links between Putin/Manafort who now equals Trump because Trump has decided to own him. This too reinforces that Trump doesn't have the knowledge and experience to be President.

IF this takes root in the media, and I think it will....this could be gooood.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I apologize to House of Cards for calling it ridiculous and unrealistic.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Plus there is an easy story to create.

Trump started praising Putin once Manafort was brought on board. Manafort forced them to add the pro-Putin language to the platform in reference to Ukraine. Trump asked Russia to hack into the DNC and attack his political opponent. Manafort was on the payroll of pro-Russian dictators, and we have receipts for this. (Plus more is coming).

Two things can happen:

Trump fires Manafort- This confirms he did something unsavory in relation to Russia, thus adding validation to the aforementioned claims. It's then a great thing to attack Trump with. He was so inept that he hired a Russian agent to run his campaign and OMG what if Manafort would have been Chief of Staff! A compromised agent would have been in the White House OMG!

Trump refuses to fire Manafort-other reports will come out. He will be the news story for a few days. Hillary and her surrogates will continue to push the links between Putin/Manafort who now equals Trump because Trump has decided to own him. This too reinforces that Trump doesn't have the knowledge and experience to be President.

IF this takes root in the media, and I think it will....this could be gooood.
Me right now:
d8yG9d.gif

Sorry for the crap quality. Only version I could find.

Iolo

From the Breitbart poll:

With Johnson and Stein pulling 12 percent and 7 percent undecided, there are still voters sloshing around — the question is whether they swing to Clinton or Trump,” he said.

“There is no incumbent, but Clinton is the status quo. It is common for the undecideds to break for the challenger, which would be Trump, the more she clings to Obama,” Kaplan said. President Barack Obama has strongly endorsed Clinton and promised to campaign with his former secretary of state.

Just ask President John Kerry!

If I'm Crooked Hillary, I'm going to do everything in my power to get Trump to react to this story, preferably by standing beside him. The media has latched onto this, and OMG, imagine if something damaging comes out after Trump stands by him and says he's a good guy.

Of course, with Trump being crazy as fuck right now, he might fire him. The only thing that keeps him there is the spawn like him. Which is LOL.

Maybe in the next 2 weeks, Pence will release his tax returns. That'd be good.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
If I'm Crooked Hillary, I'm going to do everything in my power to get Trump to react to this story, preferably by standing beside him. The media has latched onto this, and OMG, imagine if something damaging comes out after Trump stands by him and says he's a good guy.

Of course, with Trump being crazy as fuck right now, he might fire him. The only thing that keeps him there is the spawn like him. Which is LOL.

Mr trump I have a message for you
*speaks Russian*

:p

kirblar

The narrative on this is easy. You don't have to paint him as anti-american directly, the media will do that for you.

All Clinton or her surrogates have to do is say: "Look at what Manafort was hiding. If he was hiding that, what is Trump hiding?"

Is this how it felt to be a GOPer in the '70s/80s when the Dems self-immolated going far left?

Teggy

Trump is just going to say, "he's a great businessman making all that money! And from Russia! Would it be so bad if we were friends with Russia? Paul is friends with Russia and look at all the money he makes. He's winning! We don't win anymore. I'm going to win with Russia, just like Paul. And be friends. Would that be so bad? Oh, dishonest media btw."

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
You all ever feel like Trump is the political equivalent of the millionth-of-a-penny transaction scam from The Office, where all of a sudden they had money pouring out of their ears and would be easily caught?

Like, how many times in this exact thread has one of us said, 'if a writer tried this on House of Cards / Veep they'd get tossed out and laughed at' or something similar?

I know the infamous Bill Clinton convinced Trump to run theory is so passe at this point, but you literally could not script this better if you were an evil psychopath with fingers in every single pie around the world, bent on becoming president of the US, destroying the GOP from within, reclaiming the house, senate, and SCOTUS, while also embarrassing Russia and proving once and for all that the so-called conservative base are really just rabid bigots who don't give a white-sheet shit about tax policy.

MEANWHILE: Ivanka is literally vacationing with Putin's girlfriend. llollolololol you couldn't script this if you tried.

Teggy

Bill Mitchell
Bill Mitchell‏ @mitchellvii

A number of polls have Hillary surging the last 2 days. She has literally done NOTHING. Why the hell would she be surging?
Aug 14, 2016, 9:45 PM

OMG this guy is an absolute real radio host, not a parody. He s also kind of insane with the Twitter - he just goes off on huge tears, tweeting several times a minute for like 10-15 minutes at a time.

OK, who had "the week of August 21st" in the "When will Trump fire Manafort and re-hire Lewandowski" pool? I think that you are about to win your prize!

HylianTom

Banned
FYI:

Ohio's ballot access deadline for the GOP was on August 10th. There's no replacing Trump on the ballot, and thus no backsies on those 18 electoral votes.

Trump can't dump Manafort. He's the one that bring in the Russian money and support. This is, unfortunately, a 100% serious consideration in a US Presidential election. In 2016.
MEANWHILE: Ivanka is literally vacationing with Putin's girlfriend. llollolololol you couldn't script this if you tried.
Oh sweet jesus. They could at least TRY to hide it.

Also, Obama should do a press conference at the same time as Trump's speech announcing the latest victory against ISIS. Announce something, anything, to cut out the legs from under Trump.

Slizeezyc

The narrative on this is easy. You don't have to paint him as anti-american directly, the media will do that for you.

All Clinton or her surrogates have to do is say: "Look at what Manafort was hiding. If he was hiding that, what is Trump hiding?"

Is this how it felt to be a GOPer in the '70s/80s when the Dems self-immolated going far left?

Has to be. I wasn't alive, but it's that level of whoopsie it seems like.

Slizeezyc

Seriously, isn't the play at the end of this for Trump to be like, the Clintons put me up to this whole thing from the start. We all played you. It would be more believable than any of this.

I'm sure you all have, but have you watched "The Presidents" on PBS. Been working my way through the ones they have on their website. Currently watching the Jimmy Carter movie right now.

In yet another shot at Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, Trump's "it's not a Muslim test!" will ban people that display homophobia and Antisemitism from the United States.

Trump continues to rub it in.

FYI:

Ohio's ballot access deadline for the GOP was on August 10th. There's no replacing Trump on the ballot, and thus no backsies on those 18 electoral votes.

McMullin's people kept bringing up this idea about suing the states to get a candidate on the ballot but who knows if that could really work.

So much to talk about in that last paragraph.

"I do believe that in life there are so many things I'm doing today that I never thought I'd be doing,"

Oh I bet.

"But I said that, and the headline was 'IVANKA MIGHT RUN FOR OFFICE,' so… But, no, it's not something I think I would ever do."

Well.. The Trump name is basically ruined at this point, so no.

Teggy

FYI:

Can they just say that Pence is the new candidate? Is that allowed? Or leave Pence as VP and insert Kasich so they would at least have Pence on the ballot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom