• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

lmao if she ends up winning IN too. If everything ends up breaking just right for HRC, we could end up with

oN62gN3.png

jevity

Boris getting stomped again

now on CNN

This poor fella is the personafication of taking one for the team

Boris Trump " (extreme vetting)" it is not about immigrants"

CoolOff

I'll never understand why Ben Garrison gets any attention, even from the alt-right. His satire is the most unintelligent shit I've ever seen, and I don't mean that from an ideological standpoint, I mean that it has the satirical depth of a puddle. Actually, that's an insult to puddles.

Branco on the other hand I can actually appreciate sometimes even though I might not agree with his commentary.

Edit: Scratch that last part, I must've mixed up Branco with someone else.

She got outspent in Michigan, I believe.

I'm not sure if I see that situation repeating itself, though. Primary polling is so much shittier than general polling. And PA is not close at all, so I sort of get it.

Feels like everyone's playing chicken on whether or not to commit to spending real money in GA and AZ.

pigeon

Banned
I'm not sure if I see that situation repeating itself, though. Primary polling is so much shittier than general polling. And PA is not close at all, so I sort of get it.

Feels like everyone's playing chicken on whether or not to commit to spending real money in GA and AZ.

I get the feeling Clinton is dipping her toe in the water there and seeing whether some investment can actually move numbers or whether the rest of the state is too solid.

Iolo

He has a point though. No one determined a root cause for the Michigan polling miss, so there is still a potential vulnerability out there. And she did take her foot off the gas several times and get beaten.

On the other hand she was also conserving money for the general and could afford some strategic losses. I would certainly trust their data-based ad strategy over Trump's zero-ad gut based "strategy"--if Trump's version somehow works there was nothing conventional that could be done anyway.

It would only be worth it if they can goad Trump into spending money in those places.

But he's not spending any money anywhere, so that's not currently a factor.

jevity

This picture is really telling of the frighteningly narrow, illogical, reckless mindset some supporters seems to demonstrate.

Cp7ykUuWIAA_-ZJ.jpg

pigeon

Banned
He has a point though. No one determined a root cause for the Michigan polling miss, so there is still a potential vulnerability out there. And she did take her foot off the gas several times and get beaten.

On the other hand she was also conserving money for the general and could afford some strategic losses. I would certainly trust their data-based ad strategy over Trump's zero-ad gut based "strategy"--if Trump's version somehow works there was nothing conventional that could be done anyway.

To be honest I think this is mostly panic-driven. 538 took a look at the Michigan polling miss:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-polls-missed-bernie-sanders-michigan-upset/

Pollsters didn't poll late, they had bad voter models because of Michigan 2008, and they didn't anticipate the independent surge.

There won't be a problem with not doing enough polling in the general -- if Clinton starts losing ground, she'll know and can return to these states. The voter models are also going to be a lot stronger and better funded, and there won't be a problem with wondering if independents will turn up to vote because it's the general.

To the degree that there is any possibility of Trump winning, it involves a lot of no-college white NON-voters turning out and breaking the polls that way. There is not much evidence that this will happen right now (Trump did not turn out many new voters in the primary), but I assume pollsters are keeping an eye out for it.

I feel like this is just classic Clinton second-guessing. They are doing a thing, it must be wrong!

Each paragraph is it's own point. lol You need your mom to tie your shoes for you too.

Each paragraph makes a point that could be easily summarized. Let me demonstrate:

Middle-class tax relief: The American workforce is among the most productive in the entire world, with a worker today nearly 60% more productive than a worker in 1991. Despite this successful trend, we aren’t seeing wages keep pace. In fact, our economic recovery since the 2008 financial crisis has largely benefited only the most fortunate Americans. To make matters worse, the pillars of the American middle-class have gotten increasingly expensive. Paying your rent, providing childcare for your kids, saving for retirement, and sending your kids to college have all become more difficult than ever before. To restore the middle-class, we need to reform our tax code so that the average middle-class family can keep $1,000 or more of what they earn every year.

"We will ensure the average middle class family can keep $1000+ each year."

Posting a big long thing like that without summarizing or highlighting the key points is considered bad form on GAF.

jevity

TRUMP SHITSHOW EXTRAVAGANZA

What is the biggest story today ????

The foreign policy speech ????

NOOOOO

It's Manafort

Damn

I would HATE to be a Trump surrogate

It's like having to fight Myamoto Musashi with a soggy breadstick

It's just not fair

Each paragraph makes a point that could be easily summarized. Let me demonstrate:

"We will ensure the average middle class family can keep $1000+ each year."

Posting a big long thing like that without summarizing or highlighting the key points is considered bad form on GAF.

Thanks for the criticism. Next time, maybe a PM would be nice instead of making an unnecessarily snarky post.

Link

The Autumn Wind
TRUMP SHITSHOW EXTRAVAGANZA

What is the biggest story today ????

The foreign policy speech ????

NOOOOO

It's Manafort

Damn

I would HATE to be a Trump surrogate

It's like having to fight Myamoto Musashi with a soggy breadstick

It's just not fair
You just know the NYTimes timed this release. They're done playing.

I get the feeling Clinton is dipping her toe in the water there and seeing whether some investment can actually move numbers or whether the rest of the state is too solid.

In regards to Georgia. Not really the rest of the state. Just Cobb and Gwinnett. If those counties go blue, Hillary can win the state.

Teggy

Hillary's campaign has 100% confidence that she's won.

https://twitter.com/MarkHalperin/status/765309130429128704

Um, no, Priorities USA has confidence. Because there's no way Hillary would have told them that they shouldn't run ads because that would be coordination and that would be very, very illllllllegal. Campaigns don't talk to their super pacs. If they see someone from a super pac they run the other way screaming. They might as well be in totally different universes.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Did Weinstein release his Manafort story yet?

jevity

What pisses me off the most about the fascist policy( global edition) speech
and crooked manafort moneybags, is that there is not far enough focus on Bidens GRANDMASTER level takedown of Trump

Emarv

Um, no, Priorities USA has confidence. Because there's no way Hillary would have told them that they shouldn't run ads because that would be coordination and that would be very, very illllllllegal. Campaigns don't talk to their super pacs. If they see someone from a super pac they run the other way screaming. They might as well be in totally different universes.
giphy.gif

Retro

This get posted yet?

Trump Campaign Manager Demanded Media Cover “Terror Attack” That Didn’t Happen

Paul Manafort, speaking on CNN, said that a NATO base in Turkey came under attack. Russian outlets have pushed a similar storyline.

Paul Manafort, campaign chair for Donald Trump’s campaign, said on Sunday that a NATO base in Turkey came under attack by terrorists within the last week, something that did not happen.

Manafort was defending his campaign by pointing to what he claimed were stories that went uncovered last week thanks to the media’s focus on Trump’s statements.

“You had — you had the NATO base in Turkey being under attack by terrorists,” Manafort told CNN’s Jake Tapper during his appearance on State of the Union. “You had a number of things that were appropriate to this campaign, were part of what Mr. Trump has been talking about.”

It’s unclear precisely what Manafort was referring to as no terror attack had been claimed or reported on Incirlik air base in Turkey, last week or ever. The base is the staging area for US military operations against ISIS.

Flights out of Incirlik were halted during the coup attempt last month, during which power to the base was temporarily cut. Protesters also marched in late July to demand that the US turn over Muhammed Fethullah Gülen, the exiled Turkish figure the government blames for the coup. And on August 10, Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter offered condolences to victims of terror attacks in Turkey — but the attacks were nowhere near Incirlik.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This get posted yet?

It was mentioned before but got kind of lost.

Best part of the article, because it completely gives you an idea of who operates with suggestibility and since we're on GAF, FUD:

Several Russian sites, however, have been quick to report on potential terrorist attacks on NATO bases in Turkey. In late July, Sputnik and RT — both Russian state-controlled media outlets — pointed to a fire near a NATO base in western Turkey as potential sabotage.
Sputnik has also pushed stories about how Incirlik base, where nuclear weapons are stored for NATO sharing purposes, should be shut down amid the threat of possible attacks. But there’s been nothing about attacks within the last two weeks.

Retro

a55XzTg.jpg

I'm at a loss, honestly. Half the shit that's happened since the convention would be laughed off as too unrealistic if it appeared in a work of fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom