• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i7NEI6D.png

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/765333797621620736

And some of y'all want him to be a SC Justice and rob us of his realness.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So I was at a multi billion dollar global healthcare company all day today. How much was the manafort story in the news?

Trump spinmasters on TV actually make me visibly angry. This never happened with Romney or McCain toadies.

Aside from people who already believe a bunch of the demonstrably false rhetoric the Trump campaign use, I don't think they're doing anything to sway anyone over to voting Trump.

I honestly think that the spin right now, is more like bailing water out of a sinking ship, which the registered GOP rats are fleeing.

How's that for a mixed metaphor?

Trump spinmasters on TV actually make me visibly angry. This never happened with Romney or McCain toadies.

Somehow I've managed to enter a level of zen where I can actually listen to them. Also it has the effect of making the usual republican guests so much more pleasant to listen to.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's because they answer questions in one of two ways:

1. Completely lie
2. Deflect with "But Hillary..."

Somehow I've managed to enter a level of zen where I can actually listen to them. Also it has the effect of making the usual republican guests so much more pleasant to listen to.
It's easier now that they're getting called out by everyone.

Emarv

So I was at a multi billion dollar global healthcare company all day today. How much was the manafort story in the news?
Usually the 2nd main story of every segment. Right after Trump's speech today and right before his terrible poll numbers

The Manafort story isn't getting as much play as I thought it would. It seems like they don't want to go too far in on it without a lot of evidence. Still, it does some damage

Link

The Autumn Wind
The Manafort story isn't getting as much play as I thought it would. It seems like they don't want to go too far in on it without a lot of evidence. Still, it does some damage
I'm guessing everyone is delving into the details right now. The smoking gun is there, but they haven't found the shells yet.

Grief.exe

I'd imagine that situation is also difficult to explain to the electorate. You have to be aware of the politics involved in Ukraine, what Russia has done in the past year or so (which one of our presidential candidates wasn't even aware of), then Paul Manafort's history, and Trump's policy stance on Russia.

Wilsongt

Uh oh. FBI is going to give Congress its notes from during Emailary's interrogation. I fully expect them to shrug them off with no fuss at all.

royalan

I imagine this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I still think the Russia story has the potential to be the biggest scandal from this election. Everyone's digging, especially since Trump is being about as subtle as a dude with no underwear wearing sweatpants and won't shut the fuck up about Russia.

With Trump's collapse with college educated whites, would you guys say that calling out and shaming people for supporting him, is working? This is usually a reliably Republican demo.

jevity

Hhahahhahahahaha

I just woke up my girl

FU

heheh

but also this

“The voters want someone that’s gonna fight back because they are tired of seeing left-wing reporters literally beat Trump supporters into submission into supporting policies they don’t agree with,” Pierson told Fox Business Network. “It just shuts them down and that’s not what they’re seeing in this campaign.”

Link

The Autumn Wind
With Trump's collapse with college educated whites, would you guys say that calling out and shaming people for supporting him, is working? This is usually a reliably Republican demo.
I think it's that people that are college educated are smart enough to realize that Trump is wholly unqualified and a complete idiot with no actual policy plans.

ampere

PPP THO https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/765340838046076932

We included Evan McMullin on our Texas poll and he got 0

A whole week after McMullen first announced. How long have the others been campaigning?

Well Harambe's campaign got suspended 3 months ago and he is still at 2%

a55XzTg.jpg

I'm at a loss, honestly. Half the shit that's happened since the convention would be laughed off as too unrealistic if it appeared in a work of fiction.

I mean, he could whip it out every time there's a camera on him

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
a55XzTg.jpg

I'm at a loss, honestly. Half the shit that's happened since the convention would be laughed off as too unrealistic if it appeared in a work of fiction.

After there debates there's a 20% chance we'll be able to say "Well. He didn't call her a bitch"

She's delivering this Manafort story with such gusto. She's really enjoying it.

The way she's weaved the stories of the day has been great so far. Some of the best writing on her show.

Having a quick glance through this transcript. Weird juxtaposition. Trying to frame this as a Cold War analogue while simultaneously talking about being chums with Russia, mentioned twice in speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom