• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

gerrymandering doesn't affect the pres. race, which is state-wide

it only affects how the state is carved up into individual House districts

agreed otherwise, though

Herp a derp. Yeah, I'm an idiot. For some reason I think "Texas" and my mind automatically goes to that ridiculous 35th district connecting chunks of Austin and San Antonio and how stacked the game is, state-wide.

pigeon

Banned
Trump +11 in Texas is my guess.

Also wow that Indiana poll dragged Trump's chances of winning down by a lot.

538 is definitely ready for a Trump collapse at this point, so any poll showing a normally red state close is going to be taken as implying an ongoing trend towards blueness in that state.

Ariel Edwards-Levy
‏@aedwardslevy

I'm not 100% convinced this "America's Angela Merkel" attack line is going to land

yqABtiL.jpg

It only lands to islamophobes

So much for Utah going blue.

This makes it more likely. Needed a potential vote-splitter for conservative voters so Hill can sneak in and win the state w/ 34-35% of the vote.

McMuffin being on the ballot probably isn't enough with limited name recognition. If Romney endorses him, however, that might do the trick.

BTW, thanks to the poster who shared a potential answer to my earlier question.

Tarkus

It actually helps it go blue. The Republican vote is going to be split among three candidates now.
Nah. All those moderate morms in Clinton's camp and those in Trump's are going to flock behind one of their own. My Mormon friends are orgasming as we speak.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...est-8-15?t=1471297042587#update-1471297042000

NH-Gov: This is creepy. Former state securities regulator Mark Connolly, who is seeking the Democratic nomination for governor, sent a fundraising email to his fraternity brothers at Dartmouth College calling for the reinstatement of their frat, Alpha Delta, which was kicked off campus just last year. Believe it or not, Alpha Delta was the inspiration for the movie Animal House, and it got the boot for good reason: In a hazing ritual in April 2015, members "branded pledges on their buttocks"; two years earlier, the frat had been placed under suspension after a student was arrested for "urinating on a woman from a second-floor balcony at the Alpha Delta house."

Making matters more troubling, the governor of New Hampshire is an ex officio member of the college's board, so if Connolly were to win, he'd have direct influence on this issue. In his email, Connolly wailed that it was "awful to see" his old frat house "sitting there empty." Is he really campaigning on the argument that an organization whose members burn the flesh of fellow humans and literally piss on women has been unfairly maligned and deserves to be restored to its former glory? Fortunately, a Dartmouth spokesman made it clear that there are no plans to reinstate Alpha Delta, saying, "Derecognition is permanent." But if Connolly became governor, would he respect that? If there's one thing these kinds of fraternities are not known for, it's respect.

Bowdz

My guess is Trump +12 in Texas.

Also, BOOM at that Indiana poll. As I said, if AZ, GA, and NC go blue, IN is absolutely following.

If Johnson's only getting 6 in the poll, I'll go with Trump up by 9. Single digits is huge. If it's within 5, holy hit...but 9 is where I'm at right now.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
qcDp6mc.png

Dang.

I don't..

Any explanation?

Boy that looks worse than it is

Losing 4 points nationally in like a week?

Oh man, don't panic

Shit will tighten up, I know that.

Emarv

Like others have said, anything around +5 Trump in Texas is a win when figuring in the difficulty with polling Hispanics.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's an internal poll, it's worth taking it with a grain of salt.

I mean, this is a Democratic internal poll from two weeks ago. If Trump showed us an internal poll where he was tied in Virginia I'd be equally skeptical.

Exactly--that's why I need to see another poll. I just don't believe it.

Prediction Trump is up 3 in Texas.

Can't speak to Clinton and Trump being tied in Indiana, but the gov/Senate numbers seem to be pretty in line with everyone else.

qcDp6mc.png

Dang.

I don't..

Any explanation?

Oh man, don't panic

Please don't use that aggregate. It's terrible. Like, absolutely terrible. The whole thing is brought down because of one Morning Consult poll.

Use pollster.com. Upshot, PEC and 538 have all moved towards Hillary in the last few days. There's. literally, no reason whatsoever to be worried at the moment. Even Nate has mentioned there's no real evidence that her bump has gone anywhere.

Personally, I think the race will settle in the 5-7 point aggregate lead for Hillary.

Iolo

qcDp6mc.png

Dang.

I don't..

Any explanation?

Oh man, don't panic

Chill dude.

There's only been one poll since 8/10 in that average! And the ones on 8/9-8/10 were 42, 43, 42 and 49.

This has happened time and time again in the past couple weeks. A shitload of tracking or low-quality polls drag down the average, then the occasional quality poll comes in at +6 or +8.

My guess is Trump +12 in Texas.

Also, BOOM at that Indiana poll. As I said, if AZ, GA, and NC go blue, IN is absolutely following.

Hillary moving resources there would be huge, and potentially help downballot (Bayh doesn't need the help, but Gregg might depending on how the campaign goes).

Do it, I want to see Indiana go two out of three.

jevity

LOL this fuckin trumpian fuck

yall watching CNN ?

CNN aint having NONE of ANYTHING

HAHA jack kingston just compared donald trump "building" a...i cant even...wait...
i need to get myself together....okay...man up....here we go...

ICE SKATING RINK

to having the qualities needed to combat ISIS etc

Bowdz

Imagine if we can win IN in the presidential election AND have two Dem senators AND a Dem governor all in an election in which the current governor is on the GOP ticket.
#Blessed

Wilsongt

So... Thinking about what the idiot Guliani said today. How many real, honest linked to ISIS terrorist attacks have their been here in the US? Two? Threee?

Gruco

Banned
The explanation is that a series of lower quality and more Trump friendly polls have come out lately and the TPM tracker doesn't have any weighting. If you look at the 538 weighted average Clinton is holding steady while Trump slowly erodes:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/national-polls/

Yup. Josh even had a post about this over the weekend where he filtered the results by the major media polls.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/is-trump-improving-his-numbers-in-spite-of-everything

Nobody got my diablos joke / anagram. Thanks for nothing, PoliGAF.

Holy shit that is actually amazing. Too believable of a panic, but I still should have caught it.

LOL this fuckin trumpian fuck

yall watching CNN ?

CNN aint having NONE of ANYTHING

HAHA jack kingston just compared donald trump "building" a...i cant even...wait...
i need to get myself together....okay...man up....here we go...

ICE SKATING RINK

to having the qualities needed to combat ISIS etc

Saw it, heard it, thought I was hallucinating. Also said to disregard Trump being on record as being in favor of the Iraq war in 2003 because he was a private citizen at the time he said it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom