• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

70% of people say they'd be anxious if Trump was President.

My mom is a white super moderate liberal who says Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, and John McCain are really nice men

She's terrified of Trump and super worried. I think most rational non-tea party people are pretty nervous

Kangi

Very glad Hillary's recovering to "normal politician" levels of unfavorability rather than "burn the witch" levels.

And man, that graph. Wrath of Khan, indeed.

Those favorables for Clinton are pretty crazy considering all of the shit that's been hurled at her for the past two years. If she enters office around 50/50, I'll be super impressed.

I think a big part of it is because like, most rational people know the only two options are Trump and Hillary. So, ya, compared to Trump? She's a god damn saint. I think her numbers took a hit because of the email issue but also because she was running against a newcomer (Bernie) who was mostly well liked, and managed to drive up her negatives pretty well. I'm not saying he did it intentionally, mind you. Just that it was the natural reaction to the way he presented his campaign. (What with the rigged like such as.)

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yeah I don't have any tonight. But I'm gonna get the snap traps. It seems to be one whose living here for awhile.

There aren't a lot of droppings and I've not seen it before today.

I've had mice before so I'm not too worried but still not cool

My roommate is freaking out and blaming himself.

Dude we live in NYC you cant stop everything

If anything, you should start charging the mouse for rent and food costs.

Trouble

Banned
Sweet baby Jesus I saw all the images of Trump and Ivanka that looked creepy but what in the fuck is this.

eaeq4zf.gif

They should make on of those 'in his own words' attack ads out of that.

Iolo

Very glad Hillary's recovering to "normal politician" levels of unfavorability rather than "burn the witch" levels.

And man, that graph. Wrath of Khan, indeed.

And yet his support only ticked down by 1% after all that.

51-44 amongst LVs, pretty good.

Crocodile

Please tell me this isn't real. I defended Trump's relationship with his daughter because people were blowing things out of proportion. But that comment is absolutely disgusting.

Just to be clear, when people were getting concerned with those Trump + Ivanka photos, they weren't doing so in isolation. Those pictures & gifs are creepy not just because they are unusual expressions of personal space and body language between father and daughter but because Trump has also said MULTIPLE times in different ways he'd want to bang his daughter. I guess you just saw that linked video for the first time but its old news to me and other people.

Where is Tarkus to tell us how good a man Rubio is?

Trouble

Banned
I think a big part of it is because like, most rational people know the only two options are Trump and Hillary. So, ya, compared to Trump? She's a god damn saint. I think her numbers took a hit because of the email issue but also because she was running against a newcomer (Bernie) who was mostly well liked, and managed to drive up her negatives pretty well. I'm not saying he did it intentionally, mind you. Just that it was the natural reaction to the way he presented his campaign. (What with the rigged like such as.)

More than a couple of his surrogates sure as hell did.

watershed

Banned
Sweet baby Jesus I saw all the images of Trump and Ivanka that looked creepy but what in the fuck is this.

No seriously, what the fuck is Trump trying to say here? "What's your favorite thing you have in common with your daughter?" He answers "sex" so is he trying to say they both like sex? That they have sex in common? What does that mean?

The left is a bunch of interests meshed together and not always aligning perfectly. Like the right. Because that's how the system is. It requires compromise and coalition.

"The left" marred by anti-empiricism, edgy contrarianism, myopic purity focus and/or oppression Olympics towards the issues that they think matter the most is another matter.
The left is annoying. And will go away for another four years as they most likely skip any election that isn't Presidential.

The left is a bunch of interests meshed together and not always aligning perfectly. Like the right. Because that's how the system is. It requires compromise and coalition.

"The left" marred by anti-empiricism, edgy contrarianism, myopic purity focus and/or oppression Olympics towards the issues that they think matter the most is another matter.
The left is a mess

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
No seriously, what the fuck is Trump trying to say here? "What's your favorite thing you have in common with your daughter?" He answers "sex" so is he trying to say they both like sex? That they have sex in common? What does that mean?

My Trumpese isn't perfect, but I think it roughly translates into "Well, I would say sex, but she's my daughter. I mean, look at her. Am I right, fellas?"

Not sure if that helps your confusion.

watershed

Banned
My Trumpese isn't perfect, but I think it roughly translates into "Well, I would say sex, but she's my daughter. I mean, look at her. Am I right, fellas?"

Not sure if that helps your confusion.

As gross and likely as that is, it's also not even an answer to the question the host asked which I guess is par for the course for Trump.

Zereta

I've been looking up Gary Johnson and his party's platform? I disagree with some of it but why do we not like him at all over here? Besides the fact that he's boring as fuck to listen to?

Just to be clear, when people were getting concerned with those Trump + Ivanka photos, they weren't doing so in isolation. Those pictures & gifs are creepy not just because they are unusual expressions of personal space and body language between father and daughter but because Trump has also said MULTIPLE times in different ways he'd want to bang his daughter. I guess you just saw that linked video for the first time but its old news to me and other people.

The responses make more sense within that context. Thanks for clarifying.

aliengmr

I've been looking up Gary Johnson and his party's platform? I disagree with some of it but why do we not like him at all over here? Besides the fact that he's boring as fuck to listen to?

For me personally, Libertarians bug the shit out of me. It's a bogus idea that the free market can solve all problems. It's great if if you are a straight, white, middle class male, otherwise you are on your own.

For me personally, Libertarians bug the shit out of me. It's a bogus idea that the free market can solve all problems. It's great if if you are a straight, white, middle class male, otherwise you are on your own.

Exactly. Though as I understand it, Gary Johnson is only half libertarian (he supports safeguards that would protect minorities from a truly free market).

Tubie

1QfwUXs.gif

Exactly. Though as I understand it, Gary Johnson is only half libertarian (he supports safeguards that would protect minorities from a truly free market).

Gary Johnson is what you would call a "moderate" if you can even fit that into the libertarian ideology.

One of the things his rivals used against him is that he actually believes we should still require people to get drivers licenses to drive cars.

Looking at these polls, I kind of wish it happened in a situation where the Democratic candidate didn't have favorability issues

Also what's up with Vermin Supreme? I went into stuff about him expecting him to be like, a hyper-libertarian, and yet he apparently wants to mandate tooth brushing?

Black_Sun

Tubie

Looking at these polls, I kind of wish it happened in a situation where the Democratic candidate didn't have favorability issues

Also what's up with Vermin Supreme? I went into stuff about him expecting him to be like, a hyper-libertarian, and yet he apparently wants to mandate tooth brushing?

He also wants to use tax payer money to buy a pony for every single american.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Honestly, Vermin Supreme is just a crazy person who wears a boot on his head.

It's funny because about half the party hates Johnson despite him being about the only thing lending credibility to the party. If it weren't for him they'd be worse than the Greens.

Paskil

Hillary's almost even favorability in the new ABC/WaPo give me life. Even 48-50 is great for her. I think they will go positive and stay there in the near future for the remainder of the election.

...Yikes.

I... I almost kind of want a Super PAC (obviously not Hillary herself due to the optics of one candidate attacking the other so personally like that) to compile all this stuff into an anti-Trump ad to completely finish him off. It would be really dirty pool to go that kind of angle, but this is the type of thing that no one would be able to defend. It's also the kind of attack ad Republicans wouldn't hesitate for a second to make if Trump were a Democrat precisely because of how devastating that kind of character attack is. Of course, because it's dirty pool, I know it's not going to happen, but if that stuff were broadcast all over the country I'd be curious just how effective it would be and just how low his numbers would go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom