• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get hardcore Mob vibes from the Trump administration. They're all so obsessed with status (status with people for Trump, status with Trump for his employees). Any of them could get busted for something tomorrow, literally any of them, and I wouldn't bat an eye.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I get hardcore Mob vibes from the Trump administration. They're all so obsessed with status (status with people for Trump, status with Trump for his employees). Any of them could get busted for something tomorrow, literally any of them, and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Well Trump did do real estate deals in NY and NJ in the 80's, him having mob ties wouldn't be unthinkable.

So how 'bout that GA-06 race? I can't help but think the AHCA and Comey debacles are helping bigly as the general population are tired of this administration and want to punish now.

Slacker

Who's this guy speaking at the press conference? Is Huck going to pull a Spicer and walk off without answering questions when he's done?

DonShula

Didn't Trump talk about that one senator who he said told him he'd be the greatest president, and the senator clarified he could be remembered as one if he took certain actions? Something like that.

Elijah Cummings told him he could be great if he wanted to.

Trump heard unconditional praise.

tbh I expected if Trump lost he would show up to his next public appearance with a missing finger.

Ogodei

So how 'bout that GA-06 race? I can't help but think the AHCA and Comey debacles are helping bigly as the general population are tired of this administration and want to punish now.

AHCA could've been a mixed bag in that district, given higher incomes many of them might have been beneficiaries of the tax cuts inherent in AHCA.

However, the Comey thing is more poisonous with the kind of well-heeled Neocons that one would expect from Gingrich's home district, so that's definitely a problem.

dramatis

The head of the Census Bureau just quit, and the consequences are huge
His departure puts into question the future of the 2020 Census, which has enormous consequences for military veterans and Americans who are elderly, poor, or disabled. Information gathered by the census questionnaire and in-person interviews is used for a wide variety of issues, from drawing congressional districts and voting precincts to distributing hundreds of millions of federal dollars for roads, schools, fire departments, and infrastructure investments.

Thompson has been at the center of a funding battle with Congress, which drastically limited the amount of money it’s providing to carry out the 2020 census. The bureau estimated it would need $17.8 billion to pull it off, but Congress had instructed Thompson to keep the cost the same as last time — $12.5 billion — even though there are another 15 million-plus people to count.
At a House Appropriations subcommittee hearing on May 3, Thompson basically begged members of Congress for more money. He mentioned that the cost of the electronic system, which was supposed to save money, was more expensive than the amount of money he had originally budgeted: $309 million more.
It seems like this guy got tired of fighting with Congress for funding.

New Crystal Ball ranking changes.

051117housechanges.png

Owzers

We're in the dark, democrats are in the dark!

I've heard from countless people in the FBI.....and I don't even know that many people in the FBI.

kirblar

I got my first VA D primary ad yesterday for my local delegate race.

Unfortunately, it backfired and had me looking immediately to who else was running in my district. Not because of any policies (it was pretty devoid of them) but because the ad made it sound like the person was running for student government, not a state office.

Yeah at what Trump wants. She lies calmly.
Well it's what he should have wanted in the first place. "Spicer gets ratings" was probably the worst thing when there's so much controversy and scandal. She's dull and makes you want to tune out, while also avoiding sound bites (so far).

Owzers

First she said she heard from countless people in the FBI, then she said multiple.

You know she never talked to anyone about support for comey.

teiresias

I swear, politics nowadays is like watching one of those "movie" cuts of a console or PC RPG where nothing but the high stakes, high drama cut scenes are shown, with none of the boring process minutia of grinding and walking getting in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom