• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
This CNN article has a LOLtastic headline considering what's inside. Also, of course, it comes full of terrible quotes from normal, everyday people (and of course it's all men being dumb within). It has every trope from "both sides" to "he's a smart businessman" to "anyone but Hillary" to slow realization of "I've made a huge mistake"

Many Trump backers are 'totally OK' with Comey firing: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/us/trump-comey-firing-voter-reactions/index.html

I have one Trump supporter on my FB feed who's been mysteriously quiet Trump-wise for the past two months but posted "ABOUT TIME!" with a link to the Comey story.

So yeah, this isnt chipping into his bedrock of stupidity support.

Blader

This CNN article has a LOLtastic headline considering what's inside. Also, of course, it comes full of terrible quotes from normal, everyday people (and of course it's all men being dumb within). It has every trope from "both sides" to "he's a smart businessman" to "anyone but Hillary" to slow realization of "I've made a huge mistake"

Many Trump backers are 'totally OK' with Comey firing: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/us/trump-comey-firing-voter-reactions/index.html

Stereotypes aren't useful means for anything... And yet, so many of the people here perfectly fit into their stereotypes.

FBI visit has been nixed. Reason? He would not have been greeted warmly.

We're seriously living in historic times.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...rters-after-comey-firing-spokesperson-n757771

The White House has abandoned the idea of President Trump visiting FBI headquarters after being told he would not be greeted warmly, administration officials tell NBC News.

And FBI agents said that, while many of them voted for Trump, after the president unceremoniously fired a very popular director James Comey few were ready to meet him at the bureau with open arms.

"My sense is most FBI employees feel a loyalty to Comey," one person who works at headquarters told NBC News. "And whether they agree or disagree with the way he handled the email case, like and respect him ... Trump would not be well-received at headquarters."

Vimes

gXZrWzO.png

tumblr_nuu29tmNVN1rlz9neo1_540.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
We're into Day 3 of this fiasco and they've made no effort to try and stop the bleeding. In fact, they've constantly just made it worse. They don't seem to know what to do or say. There's no consistent messaging, there's no consistent talking points.

I don't really know when this ends being in the news. They just keep doing things and saying things that brings everything back to the headlines. At this point, their biggest problem is that they just will not shut up. Every day it's a new gaffe, or a new contradiction, or a new story.

Cause none of them know what the fuck they are doing..... from the top on down.

Even shutting the fuck up requires a basic understanding that nothing they can say will make it better and that literally goes against the core values of Trump.

I want them to only ask people who were old enough to remember Nixon doing the same thing.
90% approval

whyamihere said:
Seems like it's a bit lower than 40% and who cares, he won with 46% of the vote, not 40%.
yup, 40% in last year's election would have lost it for him.

He won the Electoral College by like 70,000 votes between three Midwestern states each with a strong history of voting Democratic. People need to stop acting like he's unbeatable. All Trump did was establish that even the worst possible Republican candidate still has a rather high floor.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
My favourite new thing really is "FBI agents who voted for Trump now disappointed in him." I don't have a bigger "oh, fuck you" in me.

I'm salivating at the thought of Comey agreeing to testify in front of the Senate Intel Committee in the near future. Hopefully soon while this entire shit storm is still swirling.

Mark Warner: "Director Comey, did you at any point tell the President that he was not the subject of any investigation being conducted by the FBI?

Comey: "No I did not."

Warner: "Let me be clear. In his statements firing you as the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation - the President stated that you had on three occasions made statements to him that he was not the subject of any investigation. Your testimony here today is that the Presidents staements are not factually correct. Is that right?"

Comey: "That is accurate, yes."

Shit storm goes to DEFCON1.

Grexeno

I'm salivating at the thought of Comey agreeing to testify in front of the Senate Intel Committee in the near future. Hopefully soon while this entire shit storm is still swirling.

Mark Warner: "Director Comey, did you at any point tell the President that he was not the subject of any investigation being conducted by the FBI?

Warner: "Let me be clear. In his statements firing you as the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation - the President stated that you had on three occasions made statements to him that he was not the subject of any investigation. Your testimony here today is that the Presidents staements are not factually correct. Is that right?"

"I cannot speak about any private conversations that may or may not have happened."

I don't see this being such a bombshell tbh. Most people already think Trump's lying, even if his supporters are willing to overlook it for the sake of partisanship.

That would be the goal, yes. Trump only lasts up to 4 years (okay okay 8 technically) but loss of faith in government institutions can last a lot longer.

Ironically, this might be ruined by partisanship. The only people who would be put off of participating in government by Trump getting taken down at this point are Republicans, and kicking them out of power would enormously stabilize and improve the US.

WH readout of Lavrov meeting does not mention Kislyak. W/o Russian MFA photos, would not know he was there. Convos w/him got Flynn fired.

It's almost as if there should be some kind of log, a visitor's log you might call it, for the White House, that gets published to the public or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom