• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
pUqD9iI.gif

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk

Shhh, no tears now, only во́дка.

Lo-Volt

His Gallup approval was at 38-55.

Trump has his base of supporters at around 40% mark and they are not going to abandon him.

We say that, but some of the recent polling shows that some white men without college degrees are peeling off. The last Quinnipiac poll showed their approval of the president falling by 10 points. At the end of their presidencies, George W. Bush and Richard Nixon were falling through the floor.

Zolo

We say that, but some of the recent polling shows that some white men without college degrees are peeling off. The last Quinnipiac poll showed their approval of the president falling by 10 points. At the end of their presidencies, George W. Bush and Richard Nixon were falling through the floor.

Yeah. This is supposed to be the most popular period for a president. Trump's approval could get worse once policies and disasters start affecting people who still say they approve of him.

Yeah. This is supposed to be the most popular period for a president. Trump's approval could get worse once policies and disasters start affecting people who still say they approve of him.

Also remember that all of Trumps disasters have been self inflicted, every single one of them. Imagine if something bad actually happens like a natural disaster or an economic collapse.

Ithil

"I have a certified letter!"

jfc, this guy. congrats, you can go send someone to the post office

"I sent it to Lindsey Graham, it was a tremendous letter and he loved it, he said to me "I'm gonna keep this in my bathroom, but not for reading" and I assume that means he loved my letter so much he will frame it on his wall"

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
That's where he got the clipping trick for his Nixon Presidency speed run. Twitter just lets you get it faster.

My god this comic series is essentially GAF

actually internet

but thus also GAF

I mean I'm willing to use whatever I can to take down trump. The problem is we have now completely normalized people like Lindsey Graham when he is a hardcore piece of shit

If we actually make it through this shit I fear the rest of that despicable party will end up ok.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood

Trump, asked by @LesterHoltNBC if he knew his National Security Adviser took money from Russian/Turkish govts: "No, but Obama perhaps knew"

I mean, come on.

DonShula

Had a realization on my way home today, listening to clips of the Trump interview with Lester Holt. Something I'm sure everyone else already connected, but it was new for me. We joke about the GOP and projection, and specifically Trump. But I'm listening to him talking about reports from NYT and WSJ and he's saying things like "they say they have unnamed sources, probably fake sources, they're not real" (I'm paraphrasing here). And I realize he may really and truly believe that those sources are fake, because it's basically fact at this point that he used to call publications and pretend to be his own publicist and spread all sorts of pointless gossip about himself and other people. He has a history of being a "fake source" himself, and he thinks he knows how this works. It's completely irrelevant whether what the source is reporting is true. For him it may not even matter - it's simply narrative versus counter-narrative. Journalism as a concept does not exist, and instead media outlets are tools to be used to sway public opinion. Maybe that's a distinction without a difference for our purposes. But it ties back to the idea that in his universe there is no one but him. There are no institutions or ethics or consequences or shame as we understand them. Just him, and obstacles between him and whatever he wants at a given moment. I'm not sure if he's the mastermind in all of this - he seems best cast as the useful idiot.

the same way Republicans won two senate seats in states won by Obama two years before by 25 and 14 points while Texas was only won by 9 by Trump last year?

rip feingold you were too good for this sinful earth

Yeah. People underestimate demographic changes and how much Hillary improved by in Texas in 2016.

It certainly would not be easy but it is very possible! It's why I think Ted Cruz is more vulnerable than most people think (though he still has clear advantage).

That's not going to happen :p

Recent congressional elections suggest otherwise.

All it takes for Texas to vote blue is to make suburban and urban areas make up a higher percentage of the vote.

Not outside the realm of possibility. The special elections so far have been around that. Polling has been around that as well.

And plus most of the polling was pre-tuesday-night-massacre.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't this be a massive demotion? From senator to head of the FBI?

Probably. I doubt many senators would give up their seat for anything less than Secretary of State, Department of Defense, or Attorney General.

Would be a step up for a house representative though.

Probably. I doubt many senators would give up their seat for anything less than Secretary of State, Department of Defense, or Attorney General.
Especially working for this president, who seems to get off on humiliating or circumventing subordinates. His Secretary of State doesn't even do anything!

Ogodei

Cornyn's Senate Leadership. If he took that deal to jump to the FBI it means he knows it's all a sinking ship.

Not that he would.

Especially working for this president, who seems to get off on humiliating or circumventing subordinates. His Secretary of State doesn't even do anything!

Honestly, considering the number of people around Trump that got degraded, humiliated, and generally just turned into jokes by the man, I'm surprised he can find anybody willing to work with him at all. The only two reasons to do anything in politics are self interest and principle. Trump has no principles, and teaming up with him as an astonishing backfire rate.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

He probably mostly allows the secretary of state to do whatever he wants. The only problem is this secretary of state doesn't want to do anything, which is pretty stark contrast to John Kerry who wanted to do absolutely everything.

pigeon

Banned
Honestly, considering the number of people around Trump that got degraded, humiliated, and generally just turned into jokes by the man, I'm surprised he can find anybody willing to work with him at all. The only two reasons to do anything in politics are self interest and principle. Trump has no principles, and teaming up with him as an astonishing backfire rate.

Almost everybody who went to work for Trump had no political future left. Trump was their last chance.

The only exceptions were white supremacists like Sessions or career military like McMaster, about which you can draw your own conclusions.

Almost everybody who went to work for Trump had no political future left. Trump was their last chance.

The only exceptions were white supremacists like Sessions or career military like McMaster, about which you can draw your own conclusions.

Well, McMaster couldn't say no without resigning, so idk.

But then, I'm not sure how you explain the people willing to carry water for him in the House and Senate. Nunes springs forcibly to mind here.

I like to think there are some members of Trump's team who recognize his flaws, but are there because it's their patriotic duty to encourage him towards wisdom.

Blader

McMaster will probably be pushed out by year's end. Trump already can't stand him.

Cornyn's Senate Leadership. If he took that deal to jump to the FBI it means he knows it's all a sinking ship.

Not that he would.

If he thinks Trump is a sinking ship, why subject himself to being placed at the center of the shipwreck?

etrain911

Rs have been floating Merrick Garland for the position, although it would be a ridiculous trade that would fuck up the DC court and give it a conservative tilt.

sangreal

Rs have been floating Merrick Garland for the position, although it would be a ridiculous trade that would fuck up the DC court and give it a conservative tilt.

which is why they want it

but why would he give up a lifetime gig running one of the most important courts for a job with a shitty boss that is likely to fire him in a few months

Holmes

Actually, O'Rourke and Castro both running for Senate st the same time might be a good thing. They'd both be working against Abbott's coattails though, who will coast to re-election even if the pee tape is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom