• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
izpcvJR.png

Not to say he isn't closest to Mussolini out of the grab bag of historical fascists... just that yeah, he rolled the lowest stats of any fascist I can think of by historical margins. Fortunate for us.
Which is pretty good conisdering his slowly losing his goddamn mind too. He just sucks at being a president and a person in general.

There's only one state where the Democratic margin in presidential elections has increased from 08 to 12 to 16. Any guesses?

EDIT: There were almost two but Hillary's margin was like half a % smaller in Alaska than Obama's in 12.

There's only one state where the Democratic margin in presidential elections has increased from 08 to 12 to 16. Any guesses?

EDIT: There were almost two but Hillary's margin was like half a % smaller in Alaska than Obama's in 12.

I would've guessed Arizona since that's McCain's home state but that's not it.

sangreal

Sanders gave staff members a stern lecture on leaking to the media during a staff meeting Thursday morning, according to several people familiar with the incident, saying it was damaging the White House. The lecture seemed to take staffers by surprise, said one person present.

I'll never get tired of these "stop leaking!" leaks

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm salivating at the thought of Comey agreeing to testify in front of the Senate Intel Committee in the near future. Hopefully soon while this entire shit storm is still swirling.

Mark Warner: "Director Comey, did you at any point tell the President that he was not the subject of any investigation being conducted by the FBI?

Comey: "No I did not."

Warner: "Let me be clear. In his statements firing you as the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation - the President stated that you had on three occasions made statements to him that he was not the subject of any investigation. Your testimony here today is that the Presidents staements are not factually correct. Is that right?"

Comey: "That is accurate, yes."

Shit storm goes to DEFCON1.

Trump tweet minutes later: "Thank you FORMER Director Comey for once again CONFIRMING my innocence. Always knew you were a real stand up guy."

pigeon

Banned
TRUMP: Can you tell me that I am under investigation?
COMEY: Mr. President, I cannot tell you that.
TRUMP: See? I'm not under investigation.

This is more or less exactly what I envision happening, to be honest.

"Hey Comey, can you tell me if I'm under investigation?"
"No, I --"
"Great, I'm safe!"
"I meant no I can't tell you."
"Totally safe! Got away with it!"

Holmes

Maryland.

Next question: what are the four states that swung Republican in 08, 12 and 16?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll never get tired of these "stop leaking!" leaks

I absolutely love the irony of this leak. How little respect do the people leaking have for their bosses that they'd leak the "don't leak things" lecture? It's like taking a shit in their coffee, I love it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I absolutely love the irony of this leak. How little respect do the people leaking have for their bosses that they'd leak the "don't leak things" lecture? It's like taking a shit in their coffee, I love it.
And I love how it leaks immediately after it happens. Staffers really do have no respect for this administration and I don't blame em.

Oh no, Heidi Heitkamp has a primary challenger!!!

http://www.westfargopioneer.com/new...-running-democrat-heidi-heitkamps-senate-seat

DRISCOLL, N.D. — Wildlands firefighter and Driscoll resident Dustin Peyer is jumping into North Dakota's U.S. Senate race, officially launching a campaign on Thursday he says will fight to implement a "Medicaid for all" system, to leave marijuana and hemp regulation to states and to place tight caps on election fundraising.

Peyer, 32, is a married father of two and a graduate of Washburn High School. A 2016 Democratic-NPL candidate for the North Dakota Senate, he also served as a delegate to the state Democratic-NPL convention on behalf of presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.

"I'm for simpler government. I'm a big supporter of getting rid of the blue laws in the state — that kind of mentality," said Peyer, who is seeking the Democratic-NPL primary endorsement. "I think the states are more powerful than the federal government. We should be reliant on our own laws and doing things on our own terms (and) the state should trickle that down to the township level."

Peyer plans to officially launch his campaign at an April 20 "Marijuana Reform Rally" he's organized at state Capitol grounds.

k.

I love these guys...It's the real life version of Marvel's 50 States Initiative only instead of super heroes every state gets a Tim Canova

"It just seems like if we want to drain the swamp, we need to drain the money, and you have to look to who's taking," he said.

Also god knows a when you're running in part because your opponent voted for Trump nominees, using Trump slogan's is just peachy keen.

I mean power to him but I wish these candidates were of some level of actual quality

Holmes

Fun fact: Arkansas' congressional delegation was 3-1 D/R and 2 Dem Senators in 2009. Their governor was a Democrat and had supermajorities in the legislature.

Everything changed when the Aryan nation attacked
Obama changed things due to.... I won't even be subtle. He was black.

Obama changed things due to.... I won't even be subtle. He was black.
You have to wonder if they're lost for good or if they'd come back under a white president/leader.

Frankly though, I don't really care. I have nothing against nominating white men in the future, but not at the expense of ruling out qualified persons of color or women. Especially when the "advantage" would be them merely losing states like Arkansas, West Virginia etc. 60-40 as opposed to 70-30 or something.

mo60

Wild. Mike Lee suggested Merrick Garland as FBI Director and Chuck Grassley is open to it (insomuch as he can think of no reason why not).

That would probably be an interesting choice for FBI director. Will trump allow it?

Edit: Pence supports the choice from what I heard.

kmag

That would probably be an interesting choice for FBI director. Will trump allow it?

Edit: Pence supports the choice from what I heard.

Garland would never take it. He's got life tenure in his current position. Why would he give that up to serve at Trumps whim?

mo60

Garland would never take it. He's got life tenure in his current position. Why would he give that up to serve at Trumps whim?

Yeah. I know. The republicans are trying to entice him to move away from his current position so they can fill it with a republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom