• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

That would probably be an interesting choice for FBI director. Will trump allow it?

Edit: Pence supports the choice from what I heard.

Garland will not take it. The entire point of offering him the job is to get him off the Federal Court, so that the republicans can swing it right wards. It's already been a thorn in Donald's side and the republicans hate it.

mo60

Garland will not take it. The entire point of offering him the job is to get him off the Federal Court, so that the republicans can swing it right wards. It's already been a thorn in Donald's side and the republicans hate it.

Read my reply above.I said interesting because I knew the republicans were trying to do this to fill his position.

GrapeApes

why didn't comey just lie to donald and "pledge" his allegiance to him?
Imagine a scenario where the President tells people Comey pledged him loyalty. Comey is regularly under oath. How is he supposed to respond in Congress if that ever got out? "Yeah I was just gaining his trust by pledging loyalty. I'm slightly nauseous that people think I actually meant it." People would lose their shit and rightfully so. You can't be an undercover agent and be the FBI director.

Anyone who succumbs to Trump's will always ends up with their reputation tarnished. Look at how everyone is shitting on the deputy AG. Comey would have taken a bigger nosedive with the general public.

sazzy

pdSil7w.png

Arkansas has been a lost cause for a while. Don't be fooled by the Ds and Rs.
The Arkansas Democrats sucked, but I'm sure those living in Arkansas don't feel that way.

Irony is that AR Democrats tried to gerrymander the state and it backfired tremendously.

Edit: On the heels of a trio of polls showing several Trump district Republicans in danger, PPP also shows a 1-point race between NV-2 rep Mark Amodei and a Democratic opponent.

https://perma.cc/VFJ7-VRLC

NV-2 went for Trump 52-40. Seats like this and MI-6 being in play would be a very good sign for Democrats.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
As a very active President with lots of things happening, it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at podium with perfect accuracy!....
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863000553265270786

Active or not, that's their job.

Now suggests canceling press breifings

..Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future "press briefings" and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863002719400976384

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
HAH! Mika Brezinski was going in on Kellyanne Conway and CNN for giving her airtime to get their ratings fix

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

This is real.

THIS IS REAL.

DonShula

The president of the United States is now engaging in blackmail on Twitter.

I took it the opposite way. Comey better hope that Trump didn't make any tapes before Comey starts leaking because then Trump will release the tapes to set the record straight.

I don't believe that, but that's how I assume he meant it.

I took it the opposite way. Comey better hope that Trump didn't make any tapes before Comey starts leaking because then Trump will release the tapes to set the record straight.

I don't believe that, but that's how I assume he meant it.
He's demanding Comey's silence on the implied threat of releasing recordings.

This is real.

THIS IS REAL.

JUST

STOP

TALKING

Why is he unable to shut up? It keeps happening. There was no reason to say this, and now the story for the entire day is how Trump threatened Comey.

He is his own worst enemy...

He's demanding Comey's silence on the implied threat of releasing recordings.

If Comey isn't lying (which he probably isn't, he wouldn't really have a reason to), then it's an empty threat because recordings would just validate him lol

It's even dumber then then that guys, Trump probably has recording of Comey saying they aren't investigating, cuz you know why would you tell them.

Then he he can be like look he lied to the highest authority in the land that's why I fired him he can't be trusted.

Only for a few days?

They haven't given this scandal any time to cool down. Every time it seems to be settling down a bit, they go and say or do something stupid and re-ignite the entire thing.

Before Trump said that stuff, CNN's top stories were about 50% on Comey, unlike previous days where the entire front page, all top stories, everything was Comey, with a tiny corner for "Other News." Now Comey is back to dominating the entire CNN homepage.

look @ date

Why do people post old Tweets with no context?

They haven't given this scandal any time to cool down. Every time it seems to be settling down a bit, they go and say or do something stupid and re-ignite the entire thing.

Before Trump said that stuff, CNN's top stories were about 50% on Comey, unlike previous days where the entire front page, all top stories, everything was Comey, with a tiny corner for "Other News." Now Comey is back to dominating the entire CNN homepage.

It was a "lock him away and throw away the key" joke.

Why do people post old Tweets with no context?

Because the irony is delicious.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Steady there...steady...write our congressionals, post it on the internet, use his own words against him, cuz we aint out of the woods yet. God knows im hoping for it but the fight is still on for a long time.
Oh I'm not expecting it to happen this week but if history marks this as the week it all unravelled...

Blader

If Comey isn't lying (which he probably isn't, he wouldn't really have a reason to), then it's an empty threat because recordings would just validate him lol

Trump might not even know he's lying and genuinely believe that any recordings of their conversations would validate him.

It's like his meeting with Elijah Cummings. Did he actually intend to lie about Cummings calling Trump the greatest president ever? Or did Trump hear "greatest president ever," immediately stop listening, and commit that part and only that part of the sentence to memory?
Oh I'm not expecting it to happen this week but if history marks this as the week it all unravelled...

I think when the book on this is all written -- assuming there are still books -- the first sign of Trump's unraveling as president will be his tweets a couple days after the election when he accused anti-Trump rallies of being paid protesters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom