• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how the right wing is going to twist themselves to defend Trump on this. Technically the President can declassify whatever he wants. Can't wait for guys to say giving information to Russian spies is okay as long as the President does it.

The go-to Republican talking point when Trump does something really bad (like pussygate and firing comey) is to just tell reporters that you arent going to comment on Trump right now.

McConnel flat out said hes not talking about the "republican candidate" until the election was over. The cowardice is staggering.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
MAGA!

Capture.png

I'd like to hear his supporters' justification on this one.

This one is easy

"He's the president, he's allowed! We're supposed to be allies with Russia anyway. What's the big deal?"

Horrible news today. Russian collusion story and obstruction of justice burned slowly enough that it would culminate right around midterms and implicate huge swaths of the GOP. Being this incompetent is grounds for immediate impeachment and a Pence administration can wipe its hands clean.

Horrible news today. Russian collusion story and obstruction of justice burned slowly enough that it would culminate right around midterms and implicate huge swaths of the GOP. Being this incompetent is grounds for immediate impeachment and a Pence administration can wipe its hands clean.

Actually, from the whole administration and government branches the only person who can reveal classified information is the President.

JP_

Banned
Why didn't Loretta Lynch set up a special council before inauguration day? Seems like that would have made all this so much easier. I guess they were afraid of partisan backlash but hindsight says it would have probably been a small price to pay.

I guess Trump admin might have had power to simply end it when they were in power, but forcing their hand like that would at least make them look bad.

Teggy

McCain showing that backbone

Erica Werner @ericawerner

McCain just saw WP: "We certainly don't want any president to leak classified information but the president does have the right to do that."

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

I wonder if Pence will start contradicting the Trump administration to get or ahead of the coming storm. He is running out of time, and I'm not sure he is politically adept enough to do it or for it to work.

Kusagari

Corker decided to show a backbone instead:

"The White House has got to do something soon to bring itself under control and in order. It's got to happen."

geomon

Trump expected to name climate-denying conservative talk show host as head USDA scientist

Sam Clovis has no background in food or agriculture, and is not a scientist.

The Trump administration’s attack on basic science continues apace, with rumors circulating that President Donald Trump will soon tap former campaign policy adviser and one-time conservative radio talk show host Sam Clovis to be the lead scientist at the Department of Agriculture. Trump will reportedly name Clovis to lead the USDA’s Research, Education and Economics division despite the fact that Clovis has no background in the hard sciences, as well as no demonstrable policy experience with either food or agriculture.

The USDA’s undersecretary of research, education and economics oversees the entire scientific mission of the USDA, as well as the department’s economic agencies — perhaps the only part of the job for which Clovis has any qualifications. Past undersecretaries have been biochemists, plant physiologists, food nutrition experts, and public health experts. Clovis has a doctorate in public administration and was a professor of economics at Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa. He also unsuccessfully ran for U.S. Senate in 2014.

ffs.gif

McCain is a worthless piece of the shit that has retroactively ruined whatever good reputation he had. Unless he has Alzheimer's he has no excuse for the way he has let Trump walk all over his decrepit ass.

I swear to god if the GOP doesn't use this as the chance to get rid of him, they are the stupidest motherfuckers on the planet.
You're smarter than to say something like this. Rather, you already know the answer is.

WaPo said:
U.S. officials said that the National Security Council continues to prepare multi-page briefings for Trump to guide him through conversations with foreign leaders, but that he has insisted that the guidance be distilled to a single page of bullet points — and often ignores those.

”He seems to get in the room or on the phone and just goes with it, and that has big downsides," the second former official said. ”Does he understand what's classified and what's not? That's what worries me."
lol

Zips

It is completely in line with Trump's behaviour to run his mouth and ramble off about stuff he was recently told, so it's not evidence of trump being a traitor. It's evidence of him being an unqualified idiot.

Republicans will just try to cling to the president's existing ability to declassify things. He didn't follow procedure for that, but they'll contort to pretend it doesn't matter.

It doesnt really matter if he does anything illegal or not if the house and senate are going to protect him no matter what. He admitted to firing Comey because of the Russia Investigation, his response was basically "yeah, so what?"

Sessions commited perjury and nothing happened to him either.

He doesn't have to, at least from what I am reading. He didn't do anything illegal, just plain fucking stupid.

Patrick Leahy with a good point on CNN. He basically said that sure, he may have the right to declassify whatever he wants, but does he understand the larger implications of that.

Basically framing it as did his decision make the US more safe or less safe. He has a responsibility to act in the best interest of the country. Revealing an ally's secrets to an advisory without their permission is not something that likely can be defended as making the US more safe than before.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL Foxnews.com not even bothering to cover a humongous story like this.

LOL Foxnews.com not even bothering to cover a humongous story like this.

Saw Chris Wallace having to get onto some of the other hosts at Fox because they were trying to make the "hysterical press" as the story last week, not the comey firing itself.

He was like "....are you guys kidding me?"

they'll say it didn't happen, i'm sure trump's team will say the same anyway

Do they need to say anything? A middle finger and a 'fuck you Brah' is all they really need.

Again, I think we gotten rid of anyone who it's even possible to change the opinion of. If Trump had told them 'I'm going to ruin this whole fucking country but I promise to deport legal Americans who are Brown and let you refuse service to Gays they still have voted for him.

Trump better hope Americans on the ground don't die because of his bullshit

who am i kidding, that's already happened. but i think this would be different.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is why I'm not too worried about the slow pace of things. The IC already didn't like this guy. This story? This is going to seal the deal. Things will start to pick up soon, I believe.

This is why I'm not too worried about the slow pace of things. The IC already didn't like this guy. This story? This is going to seal the deal. Things will start to pick up soon, I believe.
People keep saying this and I feel it hasn't happened yet. Obviously these things take time, but everybody was talking about how the IC was going to get all out against Trump following Comey's firing and nothing has really came from it.

People keep saying this and I feel it hasn't happened yet. Obviously these things take time, but everybody was talking about how the IC was going to get all out against Trump following Comey's firing and nothing has really came from it.

That was only one week ago.

(not that I necessarily think anything will happen.)

This constant insistence on catching illogical people in logical traps is going to leave many of you tired and empty inside
So then we rephrase the question as "how do we make the most effective marketing out of this?"
There ain't a strong central left wing media outlet. We have to croudsource this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom