• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People keep saying this and I feel it hasn't happened yet. Obviously these things take time, but everybody was talking about how the IC was going to get all out against Trump following Comey's firing and nothing has really came from it.

Go back and read a timeline of how long Watergate took.

Ernest

Banned
Go back and read a timeline of how long Watergate took.
Enough with this bullshit comparison already!

Watergate was one single thing that required thorough investigation.
Regardless, Dems controlled both the house & senate by the time he resigned.
And if congress at that time were GOP like it is now, nothing would've happened to Nixon.

Trump is responsible for a mountain of bullshit far worse than Watergate that should've collapsed on itself by now.
The emoluments clause alone, that he's still ignoring, should've been enough to impeach, were it not for a GOP congress.
Timeline has nothing to do with it, only who controls congress.

jtb

Banned
Tit-for-tat hypocrisy doesn't really get you very far. Is there anyone that's not already convinced that Republicans are gigantic hypocrites? People know, they just don't care.

"FAKE NEWS!" is the official administration line! This is going to be fun.

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahlololololomfg this is hilarious

Edit: No, really, that's the official line, as said to the press, to anyone wondering.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Enough with this bullshit comparison already!

Watergate was one single thing that required thorough investigation.
Regardless, Dems controlled both the house & senate by the time he resigned.
And if congress at that time were GOP like it is now, nothing would've happened to Nixon.

Trump is responsible for a mountain of bullshit far worse than Watergate that should've collapsed on itself by now.
The emoluments clause alone, that he's still ignoring, should've been enough to impeach, were it not for a GOP congress.
Timeline has nothing to do with it, only who controls congress.

It's the closest comparison we have in modern history. Whether or not you want to believe it is up to you, but it is. The IC can still bring this to a screeching halt if they wish.

Ogodei

This is definitely going to generate more movement. CIA folks who've put years into cultivating that source will be out for blood.

No one's talking about Comey anymore.

Checkmate, libtards.

The Gish Gallop's going to need to be renamed the Trump Gallop, and apply not only to deluging a debate opponent with bullshit, but also with being so incompetent you create a singularity wherein nobody cares anymore.

Wilsongt

*deadpan voice* I sure hope Congress investigates what classified information Trump sent through his insecure mouth with the same vigor that congress investigated the classified information that Clinton sent through her unsecured email server.

JP_

Banned
foxnews.com has a top story of Hillary starting a new PAC.

The Trump leaking classified info story is below Spicey owning the liberals.

And the Trump Leaking video is mostly questioning the anonymous sources and talking about how Trump is legally able to release it (it's an "art form")

Plinko

Oh man Tillerson went ahead and released his statement without anyone in the WH knowing. This is amazing.

Wilsongt

Conservatives are up in arms due to a Tim Allen show getting canceled?

Oh my dear sweet lord baby jesus in all of heaven. In liberals boycotted everytime a show they enjoy got canceled they'd never get anything done with their lives.

Plinko

Oh my dear sweet lord baby jesus in all of heaven. In liberals boycotted everytime a show they enjoy got canceled they'd never get anything done with their lives.

Many old people don't have much better to do, sadly.

yJdouyd.png

"Mommy and daddy are just having an important conversation"

My wounds from Pushing Daisies still hasn't healed

The last TV show I think I actually legitimately enjoyed

Gruco

Banned
It's a good thing that McMaster made the statement.

After all, the American people know that a respected general working for an incompetent Republican Administration would never sacrifice their credibility by publicly lying for their boss.

It just wouldn't happen.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think today marks the point where I've transcended from any cycle of outrage into a pure level of unending seething fury at what is being done to our country

Kusagari

After all, the American people know that a respected general working for an incompetent Republican Administration would never sacrifice their credibility by publicly lying for their boss.

It just wouldn't happen.

He never technically lied. He denied things that WaPo never even wrote about.

Gruco

Banned
He never technically lied. He denied things that WaPo never even wrote about.

I'm using the term colloquially. That is, it's an intent to deceive. Dude definitely is burning down his own credibility for Trump tonight, plausible deniability or not.

jtb

Banned

It just wouldn't happen.

the Hugh Hewitt defense

I know these Good Decent Men of Integrity and they would only do Good Decent Things of Integrity.

What I find pretty funny is that he did this in the middle of a huge scandal over firing the guy investigating his Russian ties.

And while that's going on, he decides to just start spilling classified information to Russians

He is such an idiot

Gruco

Banned
For me I've ceased to get outraged at most individual stories because it's just so tiring.

Which is probably what they want tbh

I'd have been inclined to agree 4 months ago (that is, re: "this is what they want") but at this point I just don't think they're clever enough.

I'm kind of with you on outrage fatigue too, but this and Comey last week kind of shocked me out of it.

Man. I'm so old, I remember when Republicans used to pretend to care about national security.

FyreWulff

remember when some of us were like shit he let them in without the press, they snuck in a couple of bugs?

turns out trump is a human russian wireless bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom