• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have been inclined to agree 4 months ago (that is, re: "this is what they want") but at this point I just don't think they're clever enough.

I'm kind of with you on outrage fatigue too, but this and Comey last week kind of shocked me out of it.

Man. I'm so old, I remember when Republicans used to pretend to care about national security.

Agreed. I don't think this is a plan. This is just Trump being Trump.

No. Anyone who didn't see this coming is as big a moron as Trump.

Best thing about Trump's approvals being so shitty is all of this is self-inflicted. If his presidency lasts long enough to see a natural disaster or economic downturn - really any sort of crisis that a president can't do much more than damage control, he's going down to the 20s.

Right now the economy is still humming along, and in good times to a third of the country the only thing that matters is making liberals angry. Until they lose their job, their house or their healthcare.

Gruco

Banned
Safe bet that the next FBI director will be a newcomer on the American political scene, named "Definitely Not Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak"

There's so much stuff in the past four months that the Democrats can use against Republicans and Trump. I'm concerned if they are really capable of utilizing it at all though.

"Shit like this is the end of Five Eyes if it goes on. He's not a traitor, he's a stupid f*****g idiot who can't be trusted to keep secrets"

Why not both?

Maybe if we tell Trump this is the end of Five Guys he'll start taking things more seriously.

Not until something happens that actually affects people, IMO.

CBO is Fake News.
Actually, I think the news about healthcare usually hits his core supporters extremely hard. One of the few things they do care about. (someone else free to correct me)
Well. I guess today confirms that we've never been knowingly visited by aliens. Trump would've spilled the beans to someone already.
This is the best take I've ever heard

Zolo

Actually, I think the news about healthcare usually hits his core supporters extremely hard. One of the few things they do care about. (someone else free to correct me)

Nah. You're right. Controlling the narrative on healthcare is a lot more important for them because that has a direct effect on their constituents.

Nah. You're right. Controlling the narrative on healthcare is a lot more important for them because that has a direct effect on their constituents.

In fact it's mostly their supporters that get hit by it. Blue states will mitigate some damage and you've got places like Arkansas, Kentucky, and Louisiana that are massively ACA dependent.

I feel like anything about Trump/Russia just brings Comey more to the forefront, but maybe that's just me.

I agree with this. Its like how the wikileaks story was more damaging to Clinton because it involved emails. A couple of liberal friends of mine kept conflating that and the server story because they both involved emails. Same thing here, only with Russia.

There's a Trump tweet for everything is the new "There's a Simpsons gif for everything"
C_6Yf2vXUAIhA7r.jpg

Edit I actually thought I was in the WaPo thread when I posted this lol

KingK

She's a better Speaker of the House than actual speaker, I think.
Yeah, I love how she handled the majority as speaker. She got a lot of good shit passed (which then died in the Senate). But I cringe during most speaking/ interviews I see with her. And I don't think I overuse cringe.

Still I respect her actions and effectiveness.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Luckily shes good at everything else.

I suppose it's nice to have an uber rich washington dc progressive to talk to the uber rich washington dc career democrat politicians for us, but all these CNN town halls where she's supposed to be talking to normal people seem like a bad idea.

Foffy

Banned
So much winning

I hope it happens under this fucking con man's term, assuming he gets four years. All of those dweebs thinking Trump alone fixed the economy seeing that same ideal turn into ash.

We needed UBI when it was proposed under Nixon. Now it's just getting toxic to lack it.

Don't think for one fucking second Ford is alone in what they're doing, or even if it's just happening in their own industry. It's a looming global trend.

The dominos are already falling, albeit slowly. But they will fall in exponentials, given enough time.

Remember Barack Obama's words: his successor would be the first President in world history handling an AI/automation revolution.

We have the most ill-equipped person and cabinet on Earth to deal with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom