• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Climate change in the US: Tangier Island in Virginia is disappearing

Holy fucking shit at the video. I just...I have no words. These people are literally losing land back to the ocean and they're all "This is fine", including the fucking mayor.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-injustice-of-atlantic-city-rsquo-s-floods/

Folks in New Jersey have been getting screwed recently too:

But the federal government has done little to protect the residents of Arizona Avenue, or the millions of other working class and poor Americans who live near bays up and down the East Coast, from a worsening flooding crisis. Seas are rising as pollution from fossil fuel burning, forest losses and farming fuels global warming, melting ice and expanding ocean water. With municipal budgets stretched thin, lower-income neighborhoods built on low-lying land are enduring some of the worst impacts.

Climate Central scientists analyzed hundreds of coastal American cities and, in 90 of them, projected rapid escalation in the number of roads and homes facing routine inundation. The flooding can destroy vehicles, damage homes, block roads and freeways, hamper emergency operations, foster disease spread by mosquitoes, and cause profound inconveniences for coastal communities.
Atlantic City is among those facing the greatest risks, yet much of the high-value property that the Army Corps is working to protect was built on a higher elevation and faces less frequent flooding than neighborhoods occupied by working class and unemployed residents—an increasing number of whom are living in poverty

38 - 57 on Gallup.
I'm guessing there was a hoo-rah-rah rally effect from dumbass Trump supporters, "YEAH I SUPPORT GETTING RID OF COMEY, FUCK THAT GUY, TRUMP IS GREAT" that kind of faded as they forgot about it, whereas everyone else still hates the guy.

Hope we see it go lower.

Hindl

Yup I grew up there, and Atlantic City and the other Jersey beaches are all barrier islands. Nowadays basically any time there's heavy rain, the bay and the ocean will touch and basically submerge the whole island until it drains away a few days later. When Sandy hit there were sharks swimming in people's front yards

Here's a pic:

great%2Bwhite%2Bshark%2Band%2Bhurricane%2Bsandy.jpg

I'm guessing there was a hoo-rah-rah rally effect from dumbass Trump supporters, "YEAH I SUPPORT GETTING RID OF COMEY, FUCK THAT GUY, TRUMP IS GREAT" that kind of faded as they forgot about it, whereas everyone else still hates the guy.

Hope we see it go lower.

The shitshow explanations afterward are probably a bigger drag than the firing itself. It's actually the sense of failing / incompetency / embarrassment that hurts him the most (see first AHCA attempt) rather than anything he does.

Yup I grew up there, and Atlantic City and the other Jersey beaches are all barrier islands. Nowadays basically any time there's heavy rain, the bay and the ocean will touch and basically submerge the whole island until it drains away a few days later. When Sandy hit there were sharks swimming in people's front yards

Here's a pic:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/sandy.asp

took two seconds to find out that photo is fake

OH SHIT
Brian Stelter‏Verified account @brianstelter 5m5 minutes ago
A big exclusive: @AndersonCooper has Sally Yates' first TV interview since she was fired... it'll air Tuesday night on @AC360

MUST WATCH TV

38 - 57 on Gallup.

What's interesting is that the number of undecideds has steadily gone down. Makes me wonder if in 20 we'll have polls that actually have the candidates around 50% instead of something like 45-40 in Michigan AND LOOK HOW THAT TURNED OUT.

I'm not sure constantly shitting on Comey's leadership skills is going to endear the Trump administration to the innumerable FBI agents who were/are loyal to him.

Yeah, you work hard for your boss and then the President turns around and says your boss is a worthless piece of shit. Wonder why that's not going well?

Blader

I hate Chris ciliza

I was looking through some of his recent tweets the other day for some reason and he is a complete moron. He retweeted that asinine map showing how more land voted for Trump, captioned it with HOW INTERESTING! Then someone called him on how land doesn't vote and it's misleading to post something like that, and Ciliza replies with "I didn't post that." SIGH.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is bad for a midterm that skews older:

-39 for 18-34 year olds is so bad...

Unlike Robby Mook, democrats need to focus on GOTV for the midterms if they want any chance of winning back the House.

If AHCA passes, that old person disapproval is going to shoot up. Also it doesn't need to match the young demographic disapproval to be meaningful. Trump being -10 would be devastating in the midterms. I was actually expecting a slight approval with old people. Those young person numbers are just fucking dreadful though.

If AHCA passes, that old person disapproval is going to shoot up. Also it doesn't need to match the young demographic disapproval to be meaningful. Trump being -10 would be devastating in the midterms. I was actually expecting a slight approval with old people. Those young person numbers are just fucking dreadful though.

Yeah, the AARP aren't going to be happy.

The progressive groups that Hillary's new PAC Onward Together has chosen to fund:

Swing Left
Emerge America
Color of Change
Indivisible
Run for Something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom