• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutwutwut

I actually think that Mc master's team leaked this. I mean they were the main people present for the meeting with Russia.

And his denial is that sources, methods weren't discussed. So the Intel itself was specially shared.
Oh, so McMaster leaked it, then got on stage to deny-but-really-confirm it. That's some real 4D chess.

Damn. That's more plausible than anything Louise Mensch ever came up with.

chadskin

Last month, in a phone conversation between Donald Trump and Angela Merkel, the U.S. president shared his views on Turkish leader Tayyip Erdogan.

"He's a great guy", Trump told the German chancellor, according to sources familiar with the exchange.

Merkel listened politely before pointing out that Erdogan had been lobbing vitriol at Germany and its European allies for weeks, denouncing them as the descendents of Nazis.

Trump was surprised, the sources said. He appeared unaware that Ankara and Berlin were in the midst of a fierce diplomatic row over whether Turkish ministers should be allowed to campaign in Germany for a referendum on boosting Erdogan's powers.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment. The German government declined comment, citing the confidential nature of the call.

The exchange, weeks after Merkel paid her first visit to Trump in Washington, underscored the challenge the German leader faces as she tries to forge a relationship with a president that half a dozen European officials who spoke to Reuters described as erratic, ill prepared and prone to rhetorical excess.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-merkel-analysis-idUSKCN18C0XV

Xando

I wonder what he was thinking in the 9 minutes between the tweets

AMzpz2c.png

Tommy DJ

Its not like people really trust the Whitehouse but you've had several hours to think about a strategy to bury this. Instead you admit it and contradict your own cabinet and public relations staff.

I can see the angle he's playing by bringing in SECURITY and RADICAL MUSLIM TERRORISTS but that's the best you guys could have come up with?

Averon

Looks like McMaster damaged his reputation and credibility for nothing. Anyone with a lick of sense and self-respect would be wise to steer clear of the Trump administration.

An "openly scheduled WH meeting" that US Press was barred from, that TASS was allowed into the Oval for, where the readout had no mention of Kislyak.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The worst thing is that that was not written by Trump. So multiple minds decided it was ok to admit to telling Russians classified info...

Its not like people really trust the Whitehouse but you've had several hours to think about a strategy to bury this. Instead you admit it and contradict your own cabinet and public relations staff.

I can see the angle he's playing by bringing in SECURITY and RADICAL MUSLIM TERRORISTS but that's the best you guys could have come up with?

I mean, that's what Trump has been doing since forever

And he'll continue to do it as long as he's not punished for it

Ithil

AMzpz2c.png

And he just instantly confirms the WaPo story is completely true, throwing McMasters and Tillerson under the bus (even though their stories obviously didn't hold up).

Teggy

Amazing how he once again immediately contradicts his spokespeople. I mean, supposedly there are transcripts of this so there is no way they could deny it for long.

So uh, anyone else worried about Sinclair Broadcast Group taking over local TV news?

Vox said:
Sinclair Broadcast Group — a conservative, Trump-friendly television empire — is poised to become one of the most powerful players in the mainstream media. The relatively unknown company, whose stations have mixed conservative commentary with local news, is now on the verge of a deal that would allow it to reach nearly three-quarters of American households.

On May 8, Sinclair announced its plan to buy Tribune Media Company and its 42 television stations for $3.9 billion — a merger made possible by the Trump administration relaxing regulations on broadcast ownership. If the acquisition goes through, Sinclair would become the nation’s largest broadcast group “by a country mile,” as Sinclair CEO Christopher Ripley put it to investors Monday morning. An estimated 72 percent of American households would live in a place where Sinclair controls at least one of the broadcast television stations.
Save us, print media. D:

Wilsongt

AMzpz2c.png

"i am totally allowed to share highly classified information with my bosses because I have every right to and they totally asked nicely. I can never say no to Sweet Daddy Putin."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My goodness this whole scenario is staggering.

1) Trump reveals classified info to Russia.
2) Washington Post breaks the story that Trump leaked classified info to Russia.
3) White House spokespeople AND all right-wing media say it didn't happen.
4) Trump admits he did, making all right-wing media and WH staff look like liars.

Amazing.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's been 20 minutes since that leaker tweet ending with the "....."

Is he planning on continuing the thought or what?

kess

Curious that Fox News JUST broke a story claiming Seth Rich, the slain DNC staffer, was the source for Wikileaks' DNC emails.

That's a pretty big stretch, even for Fox. Lets see, an anonymous federal investigator corroborating a "private investigator" who is also a "fox news contributor" who is casting aspersions upon the police and pointing the finger at the... FBI.

OMG THAT'S WHY COMEY WAS FIRED

Blader

Didn't Tillerson and McMaster only say that Trump hadn't discussed sources and methods with the Russians? Not that he hadn't shared any intel, period.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Didn't Tillerson and McMaster only say that Trump hadn't discussed sources and methods with the Russians? Not that he hadn't shared any intel, period.

Correct.

Plinko

My prediction:

The IC builds a rock solid case against him through the 2018 elections. If democrats regain the House, they instantly start impeachment proceedings and IC feeds them all they need.

If they do not regain the House, the IC does everything themselves.

This reminds me of the end of V for Vendetta when they're pumping out made up stories left and right to distract from the incoming revolution and the fall of the regime. And people just roll their eyes at how stupid and desperate it all is, meanwhile everything is falling apart.

It's going to be a pretty big shock to our inertia in 4 years when this buffoon loses and we don't have to endure daily onslaughts of ridiculous (but true) news.
After four years of being conditioned to expect crazy news every other day, normal politicians will seem boring. I worry we all like the drama a little too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom