• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
Trump - 40/54 approval, support for impeachment 48/41

Democrats have a 49/38 lead on the generic congressional ballot vote. Among the "very excited to vote" group that goes up to 61-34

Well it's a start. Since this is before leaker of the free world and CBO score I expect to see this grow in the short term. I don't think I'll be happy until the generic hit +20.

kirblar

I think this says more about how the mid-terms are looking that any polling data. After Trump crushed Ohio last year Republicans should be lining up to take on Brown.
Yup. He sees an L in the future and is dodging it. (That's some excellent bullshittery for his excuse tho.)

McMaster doubling down

Pretty pathetic

Ken Dilanian‏Verified account @KenDilanianNBC 2m2 minutes ago
More
Stunning comment by McMaster: Pay no attention to the sharing sensitive intelligence with the Russians; the scandal is the leaks.

Well it's a start. Since this is before leaker in chief and CBO score I expect to see this grow in the short term. I don't think I'll be happy until the generic hit +20.
D+20 and we'd have 56-58 Senate seats.

That range is conducive to winning the Tennessee and Texas (should Corbyn take the FBI Director job) special elections.

Ogodei

McMaster doubling down

Pretty pathetic

Another Trump dignity wraith, although it's more sad than pathetic in his case because he's a soldier and feels obligated to show loyalty to his Commander in Chief, that his duty to country precludes him from saying "fuck this guy."

Andrew Rafferty‏Verified account @AndrewNBCNews 39s39 seconds ago

'It was nothing that you would not know from open source reporting," McMaster says of possible city Trump named where ISIS threat exists

LMAO, that's why it was HIGHLY CLASSIFIED

It's the first bit of "whew maybe this really is overblown" news I've seen on the matter but i'm not getting my hopes up till I know where it's coming from, lol

Wouldn't the first bit of "whew maybe this really is overblown" news be that it's a conspiracy theory with no actual evidence behind it?

I think if Democrats take everything back by 2020 the first thing we should do is push a stimulus bill that explicitly targets rural communities.

Job training programs, stronger health benefits, installation of broadband internet, school and road modernization.

And then for the next four years when Democrats are accused of being elitist liberals ignoring the plight of the working class we have one bill to point to, that we've done more for rural communities than the past fifty years of Republican presidents.

And then we pass single-payer and free college.

Blader

2018 would have been a disaster. A possible veto proof majority would have been on the table. Then we'd have GOP craziness with no way for Hillary to stop it, but she'd get all the blame for the problems it would cause.

The worst of it would have another wipeout at the state level, with heavily Republican state legislatures and governorships in place to lock in another decade of R-friendly gerrymandering in 2021.

kirblar

I think if Democrats take everything back by 2020 the first thing we should do is push a stimulus bill that explicitly targets rural communities.

Job training programs, stronger health benefits, installation of broadband internet, school and road modernization.

And then for the next four years when Democrats are accused of being elitist liberals ignoring the plight of the working class we have one bill to point to, that we've done more for rural communities than the past fifty years of Republican presidents.

Here's the problem- this is pallatative care for the community. Pumping money to subsidize a lifestyle that's fundamentally unsustainable because there's no business to drive the local economy is a bad long term idea.

I'm not that we shouldn't be assisting them, but that the real long-term solution is to do things to help people move.

Slacker

Last thing McBastard said was that Red Don didn't even know where the classified information he was leaking to Russia had come from? Say wha?

Kusagari

Seriously, am I reading too much into that final statement?

McMaster, to me, basically admitted they keep details on intel secret from Trump.

This actually used to be a pretty solid strategy the Democrats would employ.
6eb6efb74.jpg

of course it uh hit a roadblock with the whole Civil Rights Act thing

Grym

Seriously, am I read too much into that final statement?

McMaster, to me, basically admitted they keep details on intel secret from Trump.

More likely Trump just can't be bothered to care about the minutiae. They try to brief him and share details but he just says, I'm a smart guy, I don't need you to tell me these things, I'll figure it out, where is the golf course?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
PPP national poll

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2017/05/health-care-puts-house-in-play.html

Trump - 40/54 approval, support for impeachment 48/41

Democrats have a 49/38 lead on the generic congressional ballot vote. Among the "very excited to vote" group that goes up to 61-34

Trump loses to Biden 54-40, Sanders 52-39, Warren 49-39, Franken 46-38, Booker 46-39, and The Rock 42-37.

My man Biden on top. Interesting how Franken only gets 46% and Rock gets 42. Perhaps this is putting a real damper on chances for anyone with a Hollywood connection.

Ogodei

Expect the Republicans to have a very difficult time recruiting for this cycle (and quite possibly the next).

This cycle i think there'll be enough suckers who think they can do it. "Conventional Wisdom" will continue to hold that Brown, Baldwin, and Casey are vulnerable (even though by now they're very much not), that you'll get someone with decent chops to run against them in all three states.

They'll fail, terribly (go outside spit, Trump is President, etc), but the GOP narrative is still that the Dems are in disarray and on the verge of being wiped out outside of New England and California, and there'll be enough people getting high on their own supply to believe that.

My man Biden on top. Interesting how Franken only gets 46% and Rock gets 42. Perhaps this is putting a real damper on chances for anyone with a Hollywood connection.
Booker, Franken and The Rock poll lower because less people know their politics. 50% in that poll don't have an opinion either way about The Rock, but he gets the same share of Trump voters' support (15%) that Sanders does. I imagine there's a lot of Democrats on the fence in that match-up. Booker and Franken were also far-less known quantities than Biden, Sanders or Warren when PPP looked at the primary field earlier this year.

Not much to glean there other than Biden and Sanders having near-universal recognition.

The worst of it would have another wipeout at the state level, with heavily Republican state legislatures and governorships in place to lock in another decade of R-friendly gerrymandering in 2021.
I don't think Hillary would have gotten a Supreme Court pick, either, honestly. McConnell would likely have permanently blocked it and faced no real consequences, especially in the context of a 2018 GOP wave.

Wilsongt

Everyone: Truml revealed super classified information. This is troubling.

Fox and the Donald: Yeah, but look what we found out about Seth Rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom