• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News covering the real stories

oAGpaA9.jpg

My prediction:

The IC builds a rock solid case against him through the 2018 elections. If democrats regain the House, they instantly start impeachment proceedings and IC feeds them all they need.

If they do not regain the House, the IC does everything themselves.

Even if Dems get the House, they won't get enough of the Senate even if they get majority. Super-majority is needed in the Senate for conviction. He will not be impeached. It would take until into his second term to have a real shot.

I don't particularly care if he's impeached or not.

I enjoy this long drawn out situation where the GOP is never quite in a comfortable spot and always on edge that the next "big one" will drop and derail everything.

Impeaching him and getting him out seems like it would be too easy of an "out" for the GOP, versus stringing him along for 3.5 years while he destroys the entire party.

Blader

Ken Starr seems like a weird guest for Fox News to have on right now, unless he's only there to shit on himself.

"Special prosecutors are worthless, I didn't do a good job, we should just leave this up to Congress."

Rootbeer

Banned
But Fox News should be considered a serious news organization.
Please provide a source when you post stuff like this? It's the first bit of "whew maybe this really is overblown" news I've seen on the matter but i'm not getting my hopes up till I know where it's coming from, lol

Pixieking

Banned
Please provide a source when you post stuff like this? It's the first bit of "whew maybe this really is overblown" news I've seen on the matter but i'm not getting my hopes up till I know where it's coming from, lol

Fox Baltimore has the story.

Which is confusing. Like, can't Fox make their minds up?

Family of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich blasts investigator's claims police obstruction
But Rich's family have blasted the investigator who was apparently not authorized to speak to the press about the investigation, according to a family spokesperson.

“As we’ve seen through the past year of unsubstantiated claims, we see no facts, we have seen no evidence, we have been approached with no emails and only learned about this when contacted by the press," the spokesperson said. "Even if tomorrow, an email was found, it is not a high enough bar of evidence to prove interactions as emails can be altered and we’ve seen that those interested in pushing conspiracies will stop at nothing to do so.

When I don't post a link it's usually because Twitter's Android client sucks balls and makes it a PITA to post the entire tweet + links

On top of trying (and failing) to distract from the White House chaos, focusing on Hillary again might be due to her announcing those organizations she is supporting. It's likely an attempt to discredit those places via Hillary, before they get a chance to get big enough to influence.

Which is confusing. Like, can't Fox make their minds up?
The way local media in the US works is weird. Local stations from any given city only carry a network tag like FOX to designate what their primary programming is, and they have no particular ideological connection to the corporate overlord company. So FOX Baltimore has almost zero to do with FOX News. There's even a difference in philosophy between the FOX air network and FOX News and the two are typically handled differently. This is in contrast to the other big networks ABC, CBS and NBC where the news aspect is directly connected to the rest of their operations, but even then the news offices are run almost entirely separate than then entertainment side.

Again, it's... weird.

Pixieking

Banned
The way local media in the US works is weird. Local stations from any given city only carry a network tag like FOX to designate what their primary programming is, and they have no particular ideological connection to the corporate overlord company. So FOX Baltimore has almost zero to do with FOX News. There's even a difference in philosophy between the FOX air network and FOX News and the two are typically handled differently. This is in contrast to the other big networks ABC, CBS and NBC where the news aspect is directly connected to the rest of their operations, but even then the news offices are run almost entirely separate than then entertainment side.

Again, it's... weird.

Huh... Cool. Learn something new everyday. :D

Effect

This is crazy. I've seen Fox News try to down play a story or try to spin it. They're completely ignoring what is going on right now going by website and their push of this Seth Rich stuff. Wow.

C_9HUtrVoAA1L0H.jpg:large

What a Maverick

Steve Kopack‏Verified account @SteveKopack 3m3 minutes ago

WH schedule update: McMaster briefing at 11:30 & Spicer is a now a gaggle OFF-CAMERA

The Associated Press‏Verified account
@AP
BREAKING: European official to AP: Country might stop sharing intel with US if Trump gave classified info to Russian diplomats.

McCain: I'm so disturbed guys really! Remember all my army buddies who died next to me in the war? Well screw their sacrifices because I like money/power/whatever the fuck reason I'm doing this for.

Ithil

What a Maverick

We are at high alert folks, McCain is "disturbed". Now we're receiving frantic reports, we have breaking news from the frontlines, Lindsey Graham is "concerned".

We are awaiting confirmation on whether either man might also be "troubled".

Slacker

Spicer back in the bushes this afternoon I see

He's among the bushes you son of a bastard! :p

Seriously though, how do they justify making this "off-camera" on the biggest news day so far? Oh right nothing matters.

We are at high alert folks, McCain is "disturbed". Now we're receiving frantic reports, we have breaking news from the frontlines, Lindsey Graham is "concerned".

We are awaiting confirmation on whether either man might also be "troubled".

(((BROW FURROWING INTENSIFIES)))

Loxley

Yeah, knowing that Trump admiited he will blab highly classified information to the country that FUCKING HACKED OUR ELECTION AND UNDERMINED OUR DEMOCRACY is slightly disconcerting.

And Republicans are just sitting back and letting all of this happen.

Yeah, knowing that Trump admiited he will blab highly classified information to the country that FUCKING HACKED OUR ELECTION AND UNDERMINED OUR DEMOCRACY is slightly disconcerting.

And Republicans are just sitting back and letting all of this happen.
Whenever you're asking yourself how can Republicans be ok with this, one visit to r/t_d will answer your question. And more.

Grym

from WI GOP Congressman

Rep. Mike Gallagher‏ @RepGallagher 2h2 hours ago
Regardless of what was shared in the meeting, it's dangerous to believe that Russia can be a reliable counterterrorism partner.

Our allies and partners must have the utmost confidence that sensitive information they share with us will not be disclosed.

Rep. Mike Gallagher @RepGallagher 2h2 hours ago
As an intelligence officer by training, I know firsthand the life and death implications of safeguarding classified information.

For the purpose of transparency, the White House should share a transcript of the meeting with the House and Senate intelligence committees.

Rep. Mike Gallagher @RepGallagher 2h2 hours ago
While POTUS possesses the authority to disclose classified, even top secret, information, there’s a separate question of whether he should

Ernest

Banned

What a Maverick
Him and the rest of their GOP, regardless of their lip-service, are just gonna go back to sitting on their hands, waiting until this president gives them what they want - consequences of him actually being president be damned.

Fucking selfish cowards.

studyguy

There's no reason to even discuss McCain coming to some reasonable stance any longer. There was never a maverick, there was never any moderates.

Dierce

There's no reason to even discuss McCain coming to some reasonable stance any longer. There was never a maverick, there was never any moderates.
McCain is responsible for bringing the extremism to the forefront when he picked Palin who is only slightly more competent than orange turd himself.

Sahil Kapur‏Verified account @sahilkapur 56m56 minutes ago

McConnell: Border-adjusted tax "probably wouldn't pass the Senate"; no "strict timeline," hopes to do reform "this Congress" (contra 2017).

Mitch McConnell, always managing expectations, just doused a bucket of cold water on hopes of enacting a tax code rewrite in 2017.

#TIREDOFWINNING

Seth Rich's family responded and said there is no link between Seth and Wikileaks and no emails shared. The story was pushed by a "3rd party investigator" which was barred from speaking to the press.

That support for impeachment is promising.
The fact that it tracks so closely to his approval ratings is pretty damning.

I think if you went back and looked at Obama or Bush during their most polarized approval ratings, you still wouldn't find that many people wanting to impeach them, maybe 20-30%. Being a mediocre president is hardly an impeachable offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom